Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

All in all, good races last night!

Opted for the Citroen C4 instead of the Diesel-BMW because of its superior top speed in race 1. Had some trouble with, uh, traffic in the first chicane the first two laps, came in after lap 3, and the last lap was a great fight with Longbow. He passed me just after I had come out of the pits, we changed positions twice and came up to Parabolica side-by-side, executing an over/under move and finished side-by-side on start/finish 0.004 apart. Nice!

For some reason the game put me on the front row for race 2 (taking pity of me after race 1 woes...?). I was able to take advantage of it, although I felt a little guilty about it. The Isuzu Bellett is a good addition in that list. I almost threw it away in the last corner.

Race 3 had some good fights. Driving the Audi S4 was quite a lot of fun at Brands.

For some reason the game put me on the front row for race 2 (taking pity of me after race 1 woes...?). I was able to take advantage of it, although I felt a little guilty about it.

That was definitely bizarre.
The setting was DEFINITELY on RGO. I checked before and after the race to make sure.
And nobody had left the lobby. :boggled: :confused:
So I don't know what happened there.
But my take on this is, if the game does it, then we go with it, and that's just the breaks. :indiff:

I'm wondering if that Qualifier had messed things up from thereafter.
I'm considering that we should just skip qualifying altogether, and just use the Parity Assignment grid order for every first race. Would save that kind of issue... Would also save time.

I'm all excited about the prospect of getting Midfield Raceway!

But when I saw this picture...

midfield-raceway-gt6-8-638x359.jpg

My first thought was:

Yeah, I love figure 8 track configurations... and the scenery looks pretty spiffy. :D

My second thought was:

Hey, is that car 4 wheels off track?? :odd:

:lol:

Get ready to add to the "Track Boundaries Directory". Whoo-hoo! :sly: ;) :lol:

I know that there have been those "PD bring back Midfield!"-complaints in the community but I almost gave up hoping for this track to make it to the game. So this news comes really unexpected.:eek:

Midfield is an amazing track. :bowdown:
It was always one of my favorite tracks in GT 2-4 and I never understood why they axed it with GT 5 (same with Apricot Hill which was axed after GT4 too:odd:).

Second news is B-Spec obviously coming back too but that doesn't bother me at all. I never had fun with it and actually can't comprehend why so many are waiting for this feature.
But:
I hope that PD will bring back the real endurance races along with the B-Spec mode, otherwise there was not much sense in bringing it now as most players almost finished career mode.

Now back to business - oval week. I'll be there today.:cheers:

I know that there have been those "PD bring back Midfield!"-complaints in the community but I almost gave up hoping for this track to make it to the game. So this news comes really unexpected.:eek:

Midfield is an amazing track. :bowdown:
It was always one of my favorite tracks in GT 2-4 and I never understood why they axed it with GT 5 (same with Apricot Hill which was axed after GT4 too:odd:).

Second news is B-Spec obviously coming back too but that doesn't bother me at all. I never had fun with it and actually can't comprehend why so many are waiting for this feature.
But:
I hope that PD will bring back the real endurance races along with the B-Spec mode, otherwise there was not much sense in bringing it now as most players almost finished career mode.

Now back to business - oval week. I'll be there today.:cheers:

GT4 was so long ago that I can't even remember if I liked Midfield or not. :lol:

Even if you didn't like b-spec in GT5 ... get the perfect car for a race and just let your driver win the races for you. Just come back every once in a while and start a new race. Think of it as a money making machine. :P

By the way, from the screenshots it looks like you have much more control over your driver this time around. You can tell him to actually draft, change lanes, etc., and they also seem to have reverted to GT4's settings for general pace. Gone seem to be the repeated inputs every minute or so from GT5 (or your driver would get slower and slower).

I also loved Midfield, the reverse layout was really good.

My boss is on vacation in Honduras so I will be at work more that usual this week. Hope I don't miss to many races.

I remember part of the track very well. I guess there was some driving test at midfield. The last set of turns were so challenging. From the high speed direction change then the hairpin and entrance to the tunnel...

I think i repeated that test so many times. I started to really enjoy it :)

Very curious to see how it works online 👍

I always thought the GT5 B-Spec friends-races (forget what they were called) were great for making money for myself & for friends. I liked to run one with my friends' B-Spec Bobs, and I would watch it during solitary breakfast eating, or while doing housework. :lol: I remember I'd groan when the Bob of the most gt-credit-richest of my friends would get the Dome Zero, and my guy would get the 117 Coupe at Nurb. :rolleyes::lol:
Who else remembers that? Or will admit to it? ;)

What's easy in oval racing? It's like playing chess at top speed! :scared: :lol:
Just kidding, looking forward to the races! :D:tup:
Well that's why these are easy... The cars are not so fast. And the hot hatches are fairly stable too. :) So definitely an event that you need not be the most oval-savvy to do well in and have a good time. 👍

I also loved Midfield, the reverse layout was really good.

My boss is on vacation in Honduras so I will be at work more that usual this week. Hope I don't miss to many races.

I have to admit, I only vaguely remember Midfield from GT4. (And I didn't play GT before 4.)
But yeah, it was a really unexpected track to be announced, I think.

And... Interesting travel choice... Mainland or Roatan, out of curiosity?

I'm thinking about repainting my fleet of cars to something a little more flashy, but I just realised it will cost me 600.000 credits to do so. :eek:

Yeah I realized after making enough to purchase a 20million Ferrari, and also all the Classics, German, & Performance list cars... I would need extra to paint. And I've been repainting lots of cars now that I've gotten even more colours.
I've kind of taken a liking to a new scheme that I may use on the Performance cars and maybe re-paint my Luxury fleet.

Luckily... spouse has really enjoyed that Megane QM. He said, "Well if the next set of QMs they put out stinks, don't expect this!" :lol:

If PD adds B-Spec Bob now, how about M-Spec Mike, the mechanic that does all that oil changing, re-rimming and repainting for you? :sly: :lol: Would pay him royally in Cr for that! 👍
Yes seriously!!
That's much more onerous than the expense in credits... BY FAR.

Luckily... spouse has really enjoyed that Megane QM. He said, "Well if the next set of QMs they put out stinks, don't expect this!" :lol:

I just had a "jackpot-time" doing some QM.
I joined the lobby with 9 users in. Managed to be 2nd in first race. Then somehow the lobby wasn't filled up with new users after the races. So when more and more users left there was only a field of 4,5 cars, in the end only 3. Plus the fact there was no alien, actually I was way faster then all of them which is very rare.:lol:
8 races, 1 h, 3,500,000 Cr.:cool:

Main land. They have been everywhere else so the wanted something different. They go to the compound style all inclusive resort.

Funny we are talking about changing colors, I have been thinking about this lately also.

Mike the mechanic sound like a great guy, he is hired!:lol:

There is a PS update that took me about 10 minutes to DL, just a heads up.

Workmen are taking longer than expected finishing the installation of new windows in both my office and the racing room, so I shall certainly be late, if I make it at all. :grumpy:

Great racing today! I loved the Vintage battles at Stowe! 👍 The Retro list is still new to me, need more practice in these cars, also on Motegi, to be honest i never got the hang of this track (no, not the oval ;)).

@tarnheld my spectator here wondered about you on Motegi East... and immediately I said, "I bet he's not so familiar with this configuration!" (Many people don't race it much.)
I only know it as well as I do because we've used it lots with low power cars... it's a perfect fit. But I don't think I've been on it since last year actually.

@amarynceos you were missed. 👎

I understand... I barely fit the racing into my day today! :crazy:

I've had a very busy 2 days and I'm tired.

So... apologies for the hold up in posting results, etc.

Yeah, I really wanted to be racing. 👎 But there were workmen in and out of the house, and I couldn't put the blackout shades back in the windows until they were all done. The rig is in an upper room with south facing and west-facing windows, so it gets really bright in there during the day. I could have jumped in the races, but I would have been distracted by people working on the windows AND wouldn't have been able to see very well. :scared:

On the bright side, all the fifty-year-old drafty single-pane double hungs are now replaced with brand new sliders. 👍

RESULTS

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 15 -- Event 3
Sunday 22 February 2015

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (30 pts) (1/2)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (27 pts) (0/2)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (27 pts) (0/1)
  4. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (23 pts) (1/0)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts)
  6. Cu3e / bergele (15 pts) (1/0)
  7. gkgamer / gkgamer (13 pts)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (11 pts)
  9. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (11 pts)
  10. *tacom08 / tacom08 (10 pts) (0/1)
  11. nickg07 / Ballist1x (9 pts)
  12. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (4 pts)

Race #1: 4 laps @ Monza no chicane // Hot Hatches (damage light, 1 pit)
  1. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (9:36.559) (11 pts)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (9:53.237) (10 pts)
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (9:53.241) (9 pts)
  4. tarnheld / tarnheld (9:58.945) (8 pts)
  5. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (10:06.700) (7 pts)
  6. nickg07 / Ballist1x (10:08.954) (6 pts)
  7. gkgamer / gkgamer (10:11.258) (5 pts)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (10:16.217) (4 pts)
  9. Cu3e / bergele (10:21.786) (3 pts)
  10. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (10:11.416) (10:22.416) (2 pts)
  11. *tacom08 / tacom08 (9:46.249) (DQ) (0 pts)
tacom08 = Disqualified, Incorrect Car = 0 pts
Lap 1 chicane: Melon (11 seconds penalty) demoted 1 position in lieu of post-race concession to goat

Race #2: 10 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow // Vintage (heavy damage, 1 pit)
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (17:41.326) (11 pts)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (17:46.616) (10 pts)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (17:57.280) (9 pts)
  4. LongbowX / LongbowX (18:00.687) (8 pts)
  5. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (17:57.959) (18:00.959) (7 pts)
  6. gkgamer / gkgamer (18:05.412) (6 pts)
  7. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (18:04.522) (18:07.522) (5 pts)
  8. tarnheld / tarnheld (18:00.638) (18:14.638) (4 pts)
  9. nickg07 / Ballist1x (19:22.899) (3 pts)
  10. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (18:25.020) (19:23.020) (2 pts)
  11. Cu3e / bergele (DNF) (0 pts)
Cu3e Did Not Finish (exited/retired in last lap) = 0 pts
Lap 1 Turn 1: tarnheld (5 seconds penalty) post-race concession to gkgamer
Lap 1 Turn 2: tarnheld (3 second penalty) for recklessness
Lap 1 Turn 2: melon (58 second penalty) 1 position demotion in lieu of post-race concession to wild-child
Lap 1 Turn 2: Chiochan (3 second penalty) for recklessness
Lap 1 Turn 2: wild-child (3 second penalty) for recklessness
Lap 1 Turn 2: melon warning in lieu of penalty for recklessness
Lap 1 Turn 2: bergele warning in lieu of penalty for recklessness
Lap 10 Turn 4: tarnheld (1 second penalty) post-race concession to Longbowx
Lap 10 Turn 4: tarnheld (5 second penalty) in lieu of post-race concession to bergele (having retired)

Race #3: 9 laps @ Brands Hatch GP 80s // 90s (damage heavy, 1 pit)
  1. Cu3e / bergele (16:12.451) (12 pts)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (16:15.513) (11 pts)
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (16:18.511) (10 pts)
  4. LongbowX / LongbowX (16:23.677) (9 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (16:57.457) (8 pts)
  6. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (16:10.193) (16:58.193) (7 pts)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (17:01.286) (6 pts)
  8. gkgamer / gkgamer (16:42.929) (17:12.929) (5 pts)
  9. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (17:16.570) (4 pts)
  10. *tacom08 / tacom08 (16:15.422) (DQ wrong car) (0 pts)
  11. nickg07 / Ballist1x (DNF) (0 pts)
  12. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (DNF) (0 pts)
tacom08 = Disqualified, Incorrect Car = 0 pts
nickg07 = Did Not Finish (retired late in race) = 0 pts
Chiochan = Did Not Finish (retired late in race) = 0 pts
Lap 1 T1: gkgamer (15 second penalty) post-race concession to melon
Lap 1 T1: wild-child (48 second penalty) post-race concession to melon
Lap 1 T4: gkgamer (15 second penalty) 1 position demotion in lieu of post-race concession to goat

1 point penalty for multiple penalty incidents in multiple races in one event:
gkgamer - 1pt
melon - 1pt
tarnheld - 1pt
wild-child - 1pt

EDIT: Race #2 error corrected.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
RESULTS

Series 15 (Sundays)

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (91 pts) (3/9)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (86 pts) (3/5)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (71 pts) (1/3)
  4. *tacom08 / tacom08 (65 pts) (2/4)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (51 pts) (1/2)
  6. gkgamer / gkgamer (44 pts) (0/3)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (38 pts) (1/0)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (29 pts) (0/1)
  9. nickg07 / Ballist1x (28 pts) (1/1)
  10. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (23 pts) (1/0)
  11. Cu3e / bergele (15 pts) (1/0)

Prize Picks :) :cheers:

@snowgt
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@LongbowX
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@amarynceos
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

(Remember to tag me @watermelon punch when you post your pick. 👍)

Edit: Points error corrected.)

Last edited:
RESULTS

Series 15 (Sundays)

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (91 pts) (3/9)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (84 pts) (3/5)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (71 pts) (1/3)
  4. *tacom08 / tacom08 (65 pts) (2/4)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (51 pts) (1/2)
  6. gkgamer / gkgamer (44 pts) (0/3)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (38 pts) (1/0)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (30 pts) (0/1)
  9. nickg07 / Ballist1x (28 pts) (1/1)
  10. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (23 pts) (1/0)
  11. Cu3e / bergele (15 pts) (1/0)

Prize Picks :) :cheers:

@snowgt
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@LongbowX
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@amarynceos
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

(Remember to tag me @watermelon punch when you post your pick. 👍)

Edit: Points error corrected.)

Luxury at Autumn Ring for Parity.
Vintage at Cape Ring South for shuffle mixer.

IMPORTANT NOTE
about signing up / registering for events...
@aceboy127 @AngryEater @amarynceos @Chiochan @Cu3e @culturalsnow @daddyo845 @gkgamer @Goetz @GranTurismo916 @Handlebar @jackargent @jammy21 @John Wells @LeoStrop @LongbowX @nickg07 @Patrick8308 @Phouchg @ryzno @snowgt @tarnheld @temuster @watermelon punch @WildChild89

It's going to become MORE important for everyone to register in advance if you're even considering coming to race.

Any event without 5 sign-ups at least 8-12 hours before the event, will be postponed, rescheduled, or cancelled.

It's been suggested that limiting the participants allowed in a lobby might help with connection problems. It's certainly worth a try, and there's absolutely no reason to allow 16 drivers, if only 12 will be showing up to race.
So I'm going to start limiting the lobby to 12 participants OR +4 more than sign-ups (whichever is more).
(Example: 7 people sign up - lobby will be limited to 12. 9 people sign up - lobby will be limited to 13.)
(I will make the decision immediately before opening the lounge, so definitely just sing-up as soon as you know.)

so we can get a head count before the event. 👍

Last edited:
RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 16 -- Event 1
Tuesday 24 February 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (35 pts) (1/2)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (34 pts) (2/2)
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (34 pts) (2/1)
  4. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (25 pts) (0/1)
  5. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (24 pts) (0/1)
  6. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (20 pts) (0/1)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (18 pts)
  8. tarnheld / tarnheld (15 pts) (0/1)
  9. John Wells / johnwells69 (11 pts) (0/1)

Race #1: 14 laps @ Motegi Super Speedway // Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 (Heavy Damage, 1 pit stop)

IMG_0109.jpg

Race #2: 4 laps @ Motegi East Course // Hot Hatches

IMG_0110.jpg

Race #3: 6 laps @ Silverstone Stowe // Vintage

IMG_0118.jpg

Race #4: 5 laps @ Brands Hatch Indy 80s // Retro
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (9 pts)
  2. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (8 pts)
  3. *tacom08 / tacom08 (7 pts)
  4. LongbowX / LongbowX (6 pts)
  5. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (5 pts)
  6. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (4 pts)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (3 pts)
  8. tarnheld / tarnheld (2 pts)
  9. John Wells / johnwells69 (1 pts)

Lap 3: Patrick8308 post-race concession to wild_child_89_

Race #5: 1 lap @ Sierra // Retro

IMG_0127.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9
Race #2: 10 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow // Vintage (heavy damage, 1 pit)

Cu3e / bergele (DNF) (0 pts)

Cu3e Did Not Finish (exited/retired in last lap) = 0 pts
Lap 1 Turn 2: bergele warning in lieu of penalty for recklessness

Not that it matters anything else than knowing how to improve myself... What did I do wrong in turn 2 on lap 1? I checked the replay and all i did was hug the inside line through the corner. Was I laggy to you @watermelon punch?

Back