Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

We got quite a lot of snow since last night.
However, snow is much more fun in the game! :lol:

I have been trying to figure out something for Wednesday...
Who would be interested in some snow racing on Wednesday?

I'll just throw this buffet idea out there:

Race #1: 3 laps @ Chamonix Mini // Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
Race #2: 3 laps @ Chamonix West // Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
Race #3: 4 laps @ Chamonix East // Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
Race #4: 2 laps @ Chamonix Main // Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Race #5: 3 laps @ Chamonix Main // Audi quattro '82
Race #6: 3 laps @ Chamonix Main // Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85

Edit: we can tweek this line-up (as I haven't actually tested any of this recently)

Last edited:
OIL CHANGE ALERT

I know I keep harping on this topic. But I found another issue with it.

If you've been racing with your car lists since last year, some of your cars might benefit from an oil change.
I've found some of my cars with as few as 120-something miles (approx 200 km) have benefited a few PP from a fresh oil change. (These are cars I'd previously did the oil change after purchase.)

So, I did that sort my garage by mileage thing. And I figured I could just change the oil on cars that were above whatever miles in the list.
But with this, I found that some cars are showing ZERO miles when in reality, they have miles. This shows in the GT auto, and in the main garage view when you're "in the car". But it doesn't show in the list. :grumpy:
Oddly, I found that giving these cars an oil change (even though they didn't need it as some were only 4 miles), it reset that mileage display in the sort-garage list.
Kind of a pain in the snoot-snout.
Is there any better fix for this glitch??
I can't even find a thread about it in the Q&A section of the forum. But it could be it's been discussed awhile back & I missed it.

But I thought, geez, I am NOT like @amarynceos who can keep up at Spa in a Mini Cooper that needs an oil change. :lol: I don't want to be left out behind! :scared:

I always think of this terrible but funny incident in a GT5 VCRC spec tuning prohibited race in the Volvo Estate (like 3 years ago!), where the first race, this guy Tony got lapped in a sprint race at Autumn Ring Mini, and then after the race, protesting that he'd "never been lapped in his life", discovered he'd accidentally left his power limiter fully tamped down to 60% or something. :odd: :lol:

Nobody wants that. :ill:

So now I've gone a spree cleaning up my garage and sticking all the odds & ends cars into the stockyard, painting all my tuned cars papaya orange or go mango to clearly differentiate them from my Shuffle Car list cars. And then just taking every single zero miles car left for an oil change.
:boggled:

So if anyone's been wondering why I'm behind in posting the results from Sunday... :guilty: :indiff:

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer
Sunday 1 February 2015
Series 12 -- Event 3

1) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (12 pts) (1/0)
1) *tacom08 / tacom08 (12 pts) (1/0)
2) LongbowX / LongbowX (12 pts) (0/1)
3) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (10 pts) (0/0)
4) nickg07 / Ballist1x (9 pts) (0/1)
4) Cu3e / bergele (9 pts) (0/1)
5) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (7 pts) (0/1)
6) spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (5 pts) (0/0)
7) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (3 pts) (0/0)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 no chicanes

IMG_9788.jpg

OFFICIAL RESULTS: Positions #3 & #4 are switched.

Post Race Penalty:
@spraggy0558
reduced in position for a post-race contact concession.
Lap 2, Indianapolis Turn

Race #2: 15 laps @ Trial Mountain

IMG_9794.jpg

OFFICIAL RESULTS: Positions #7 & #8 are switched.

Post Race Penalties:
@spraggy0558
reduced in position for a post-race contact concession.
Lap 1, in the rock cut turns
2pt penalty for out of bounds on multiple laps at the 1st 2 turns and 2nd to the last turn (the lawn before Chitwood corner)

Can't help but notice that the parity races result in lots of ties.
I wonder if adding a 3rd race will make the math easier next round. ;)

Shuffle Mixer
Sundays
Series 12

Series Points

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (75 pts) (4/3)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (61 pts) (1/4)
  3. tacom08* / tacom08 (47 pts) (2/2)
  4. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (47 pts) (0/5)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (43 pts) (2/2)
  6. tarnheld / tarnheld (33 pts) (0/3)
  7. temuster / temuster (31 pts) (2/0)
  8. nickg07 / Ballist1x (30 pts) (0/2)
  9. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (24 pts) (0/1)
  10. Cu3e / bergele (22 pts) (0/2)
  11. AngryEater / AngryEater (12 pts) (1/0)
  12. jackargent / jackargent (12 pts)
  13. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (10 pts)
  14. spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (5 pts)

:cheers:

Prize Picks!

@LongbowX
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@amarynceos
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

tacom08
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

Please indicate the day/series you'd like your picks applied to. 👍
(Need not be limited to Sundays.)

👍 👍 👍

:cheers:

About oil change...

For the first 3 lists of cars I bought I had a spreadsheet / checklist that includes the PP after oil change (I believe) If that is useful I am happy to share them.

I am not good in repetitive routine stuff and got paranoid I'd miss an oil change or a whole car...

If you've been racing with your car lists since last year, some of your cars might benefit from an oil change.
I've found some of my cars with as few as 120-something miles (approx 200 km) have benefited a few PP from a fresh oil change. (These are cars I'd previously did the oil change after purchase.)

I have never read or heard about something like that happening. If anything, there's the opposite effect - only driving in certain "modes" counts to oil deterioration. Many practice-modes do not have an effect on it at all while taking part in a race always does. I have never witnessed power deterioration from old oil before the 300km-mark though, and I pay a lot of attention to that.

In regards to different displays of distance driven, that may actually refer to these different modes the cars were run in. Maybe it only shows the relevant mileage for oil change in the garage overview and the total mileage elsewhere?

There's an easy solution though. After a race event, take all cars you used to make an oil change. That way I never run the risk of getting anywhere near the 300km-mark.

Can't help but notice that the parity races result in lots of ties.
I wonder if adding a 3rd race will make the math easier next round. ;)

Well, isn't that exactly the proof that the handicap-system is working very well? Hence the name "parity". :lol:

I have never read or heard about something like that happening. If anything, there's the opposite effect - only driving in certain "modes" counts to oil deterioration. Many practice-modes do not have an effect on it at all while taking part in a race always does. I have never witnessed power deterioration from old oil before the 300km-mark though, and I pay a lot of attention to that.

Here is the definite answer.

EDIT Executive summary: Oil change boost HP by 5%, 200km after oil change HP boost drops, after 300km it's gone, mileage-increase/deterioration depends on race mode and tire wear, arcarde mode = no mileage increase, online tire wear off = mileage increase, but no HP deteroriation.

Last edited:
I'm interested. No tuning and snow tires, right? Club event?
I'll have get these cars.
We got quite a lot of snow since last night.
However, snow is much more fun in the game! :lol:

I have been trying to figure out something for Wednesday...
Who would be interested in some snow racing on Wednesday?

I'll just throw this buffet idea out there:

Race #4: 2 laps @ Chamonix Main // Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99

Edit: we can tweek this line-up (as I haven't actually tested any of this recently)

I ran a couple of laps yesterday in an Alfa Duetto Spider on Chamonix East to learn the track. Surprisingly good traction with the snow tyres and quite a lot of fun. Was hitting 180km/h at one point in the lap...

RE Wednesday:
@jammy21 @tarnheld & all

Yeah, tuning prohibited.
I was just throwing out ideas for cars. ^^
Because you know, someone has to suggest something or we risk showing up in the lobby wondering with nothing prepared when the time comes. haha
And yeah, I remember putting the Spider on snow in the past. It's kind of funny that!
Stratos... whoo I was worried about suggesting that.
We'd wind up with an entirely Italian line-up if we keep going in that direction. :lol:

RE MILES & OIL

In regards to different displays of distance driven, that may actually refer to these different modes the cars were run in. Maybe it only shows the relevant mileage for oil change in the garage overview and the total mileage elsewhere?

I wondered about that too at first.
But no, because once I made the oil change (even though it wasn't needed) then suddenly the correct mileage displays in the garage list. :boggled:
So in list it said zero miles. Then I look in garage display & GT Auto, and it says 6 miles. I change the oil. Then in the garage list it says 6 miles also.
Definitely some kind of glitch in the display.
(This is in the garage list when you go to the car list and it tells you to press the SQUARE button to filter and you choose by "mileage".)

I just know this much:
Running the car in races with tire wear on, counts towards miles.
Running the car in Time Trials with tire wear on, counts towards miles.

(I know about the time trials because my 80s cars that I've been testing are all getting a few miles on them, with just doing the time trials.)

I'm not sure about anything else. But I THINK miles are put in the car in seasonal races, because I notice some cars that have been used in Seasonal events, and not much else, have quite a few miles.

There's an easy solution though. After a race event, take all cars you used to make an oil change. That way I never run the risk of getting anywhere near the 300km-mark.

That's a good idea! 💡

I only have a couple of cars over 300 km.

I was just throwing out ideas for cars. ^^
Because you know, someone has to suggest something or we risk showing up in the lobby wondering with nothing prepared when the time comes. haha

You are the boss, so you are spoilt for choice. ;)

The initial list is fine with me, but the R8 Gordini would be cool, because it's french, RR and i haven't had the chance to drive it much. I fear to make a fool out of me in the Stratos, but it's such a cool car... :drool:

Has anyone done an oil change plus engine rebuild at 0 miles?

Why would anyone do that? The engine already is in prime condition when bought. Overhauling the engine is therefore just an expensive way to make an oil change (because that's included there).

Ah yeah that's exactly it! Thanks Swede!!

I keep saying "mileage" but I should've been using the search term "distance driven"! :dopey:

We have discovered an issue included with "Gran Turismo 6" Update 1.15. Sorting the cars in "Garage" by "Distance Driven" will change the value to "0 mi". Please note the actual distance is not lost as it is saved internally and we are working on a solution to address this issue.

As a temporary workaround, if the driven distance value on your car changes to "0 mi", please select that car as your current one, then switch to a different car.

I thought that simply selecting ("getting into") the car reset it to display correct mileage. But then on some cars it appeared not to work. :odd: So then I thought it was the ones I took for an oil change.
But now this explains it... maybe every time you choose to "sort", it will change it back to zero. :boggled: :grumpy:

So... I gotta stop sorting by "distance", and not touch that anymore until it's fixed. :odd:

I'm going to start sorting by "recently driven" or whatever that's called. And then doing as @snowgt suggests, and just change oil on recently driven cars. :)

And then maybe keep a spreadsheet w/ PP after oil change, like @Cu3e 's idea, just to periodically verify.

I do have a spreadsheet with this info for most (if not all) cars in the game.
In fact I have 2!

Here is a link to @jobyone 's PP after oil change spreadsheet.

(It's for the DriveTrain Challenge League. Which, btw, I recommend, and have raced in last year. 👍 But the time schedule would probably only be possible for those living in the Americas.)

The other spreadsheet *I* have with PP after oil change, was prepared by @snowgt .

But also on the OP (post #1) underneath MOST of the car lists, there's a link to "car info"... and this also gives known PP after oil changes.

I've been meaning to extract & make a spreadsheet with PP after oil change JUST for our list cars. ^^ 💡
I was hoping to combine snow's & joby's spreadsheets to compare side-by-side to check for discrepancies. And then just extract our list cars.
And then maybe have a link to this.
(IN fact, actually, I was hoping to engage @tarnheld for his expertise in this! ^^)

@nickg07
Pretty sure that an engine overhaul on a new zero miles car will do nothing extra than just an oil change.
I don't think you'll get any extras there.

I haven't tested at what point an engine overhaul would improve hp, because I don't have any cars that are even near that many miles.

Tuesday 3 February 2015
2:30pm US EST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 11:30am US PST / 19:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 14 / Event 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars: Vintage list, 90s Sports list, and Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09

Room is open for prep / warm-up / practice. 👍

I had chance to test 1st three cars (Daihatsu, Alfa Romeo and VW) in snow list and their were fun to drive 👍

Edit: I tested rest of them and all are good. All have little different characteris. I like all of them.

Last edited:
Okay then... tomorrow:

CHAMONIX SNOW CUP WEDNESDAY

Wednesday 4 February 2015
2:45pm US EST / 7:45pm GMT / 8:45pm CET / 11:45am US PST / 19:45 UTC
Chamonix Snow Cup

NOTE: I made a discrepancy in the time schedule.
But so I'll open a room at half past, but we won't start exactly then. (ie: more practice time)

Results
Shuffle Mixer
Tuesday 3 February
Series 14 / Event 1

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28 pts) (2/3)
2.) LongbowX / LongbowX (22 pts) (0/3)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (20 pts) (1/1)
3.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (20 pts) (1/1)
4.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (17 pts) (1/1)
5.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (15 pts) (0/1)
6.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (10 pts) (0/0)

Race #1: 15 laps @ Daytona SS

Official Results
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (17:14.613)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (17:15.483)
  3. nickg07 / Ballist1x (16:50.635) (17:16.635)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (17:14.672) (17:17.672)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (17:18.376)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (16:45.774) (17:20.774)
Chiochan
Penalty Total: 35 seconds
40 second penalty for failure to pit legally (reduced to 35 seconds for 2nd attempt)
nickg07
Penalty Total: 26 seconds
- 25 second penalty for failure to pit legally (40 second penalty reduced to 25 seconds because of obstruction of pit lane on first (and only) attempt to pit)
- 1 second penalty for OOB (mucking around on the apron)
watermelon
Penalty Total: 3 seconds
- 3 second penalty for causing obstruction in the pit lane

Race #2: 4 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow (TP: 7/17:30) // Vintage

IMG_9810.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Chamonix East // Vintage

IMG_9814.JPG

Race #4: 4 laps @ Laguna Seca // 90s

IMG_9819.jpg

watermelon
DQ - incorrect car

Race #5: 3 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 // 90s

IMG_9822.jpg

These results have been updated (4 Feb) to reflect that it was discovered I was using the incorrect car (not the car that is on the list) in Race #4, and therefore am disqualified from that race.

Last edited:
Yes. :guilty: I missed counting race #5.
I better check them all again!

EDIT: I just checked it all again, and now it's correct.
Sorry.
(I hope somebody's always checking my math. :odd::guilty:)

Perhaps for the snow races (although I might not be there) would be a RWD car or two. Stratos or (I know it's not on the lists) R8 Gordini anyone?
I ran a couple of laps yesterday in an Alfa Duetto Spider on Chamonix East to learn the track. Surprisingly good traction with the snow tyres and quite a lot of fun. Was hitting 180km/h at one point in the lap...
I had chance to test 1st three cars (Daihatsu, Alfa Romeo and VW) in snow list and their were fun to drive 👍

Edit: I tested rest of them and all are good. All have little different characteris. I like all of them.

Can't spare you of my tests of the R8 and the Stratos, even if the lineup is finalized now. They made me almost miss the shuffle yesterday, seems snow tames the wild and incites the dull properties of a car. :D You have to do all driving actions more ahead in time, but you have more time to react to oversteer for instance. The Stratos is still a handful, the R8 still wants to spin if you are too early on the gas on corner exit, but you can catch errors more easily. Otoh, you know early if you make a mistake...

I'm looking forward to todays Snow Cup! :cool:

I'm going to try to get on in a little bit to do some more 80s cars time trials. Anyone's welcome to hop in & join me running the time trials. 👍

Also, my mother sent me a link to this today:
http://biggeekdad.com/2013/01/the-best-of-times/
(She was a teenager in the early 50s, and thought it was a well put together montage of the time period.)

It includes a lot of clips of old cars, so I thought perhaps some peoples here might find it enjoyable to watch. :)

Back