Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Snow Cup Room open. 👍

Chamonix Snow Cup
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race #1: 3 laps @ Chamonix Mini // Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
Race #2: 3 laps @ Chamonix West // Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
Race #3: 4 laps @ Chamonix East // Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
Race #4: 2 laps @ Chamonix Main // Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Race #5: 3 laps @ Chamonix Main // Audi quattro '82
Race #6: 3 laps @ Chamonix Main // Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85

Free run Qualifying for first race starts in 10 minutes.

RESULTS

CHAMONIX SNOW CUP

1. jammy21 / GTP_Jammy (34 pts)
  2. tarnheld / tarnheld (25 pts)
  3. temuster / temuster (25 pts)
  4. ryzno / ryzno (19 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (16 pts)
  6. John Wells / johnwells69 (7 pts)

IMG_9824.jpg
IMG_9833.jpg
IMG_9837.jpg
IMG_9845.jpg
IMG_9850.jpg
IMG_9851.jpg

Sorry about that last picture being blurry... I took it when I was dizzy :ill::boggled: after that race in the Peugeot. :lol:
vomit.gif

Must say... That VW Beetle is wonderful in snow.
Pardon my surprise, but that car is weird on dry tarmac. :lol:
I did my best in the Subaru... maybe because I had much practice driving Subarus in snow in real life. :lol: ;)

Well done @jammy21 !

Very exciting races.
Thanks everybody!
:cheers:

The results from TUESDAY (Series 15 / Event 1) have been corrected:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tches-sports-etc.293390/page-82#post-10432733

This is because it was discovered that I should be disqualified from Race #4, for using the incorrect car.
So I have deducted 1 point from my score. The rest of the scores remain the same, for points. (Because we count the disqualified driver as having been in the race, when awarding points, the DQ'd driver simply receives no points.)
(Also, DQs do not count toward parity score.)

Apologies... I have no idea why I even have that car. :boggled:
The error occurred initially about a week ago when I painted all my 90s cars... and painted the wrong Mitsubishi there...

This also probably explains why I found that car so unusually maddening, compared to when I test drove all the 90s cars a few times. Because it wasn't the right one!
:dunce:

I was really surprised by the New Beetle, was feeling like

iStock_000001251179XSmall.jpg
To be honest, this was the first car i would have replaced on the initial list. :dunce:

The 205 was also very exciting, so many lines are possible! 👍

About the Tuesday Shuffle:

i hope you liked the Streets of Willow track as much as i have, lucky that i got the Giulia for this race! It's a nice technical track, great for slower cars.

Last edited:
I must also say that Beetle was fun and that race was closest one (results). 205 was most difficult to drive - easily oversteer. Subaru was only real 4wd other 4wd's were something else - I don't know what - 2rwd or 2fwd :rolleyes:

First off, good runs yesterday, seems the Peugeot was the only car I could fling around the way I wanted.
Has anyone done an oil change plus engine rebuild at 0 miles?

Why would anyone do that? The engine already is in prime condition when bought. Overhauling the engine is therefore just an expensive way to make an oil change (because that's included there).
This was a huge debate amongst us Drag Racers(as said due to the price of the over-haul). As you know we don't have speed test to prove anything, but we over-haul every car. We did extensive testing using the exact same tune, on the exact same car, one oil change the other engine over-haul.

The two drivers would line up and then run after the ghost. Of course lag played a little issue in testing, but after many runs, we believe and live by a over-haul for every new car. It's impossible to test every car, but with the results we got we believe it makes a difference.

I believe i did an engine refresh on a new or nearly new car and got a boost in power i wasn't expecting. I'll do some testing tonight when i finish work.

First off, good runs yesterday, seems the Peugeot was the only car I could fling around the way I wanted.

You should be an astronaut! :lol: :ill: :boggled: :crazy:

(Actually I looked for a clip of the spacewalk from 2010 Odyssey 2, where John Lithgow is heading toward the spinning Discovery spacecraft... because that was a bit more sickening. :lol:)

I'm not kidding when I say that by lap 3 of that race in the Peugeot, I was really feeling car sick! :ill: :scared:
I actually had to lie down for a bit afterward! :lol:

Anyway, about this engine overhaul... I don't know what to think.
If the HP doesn't change and the PP doesn't change... how big could the difference be if there is one?

I'm still waiting for Prize Picks from some racers! :)

This chart shows who I'm waiting for prize picks from and what kind.

Name your prize pick, and the series/day you would like it scheduled for. 👍

I will be making Sunday's tonight, and the next Tuesday's by tomorrow, so any picks I'm receiving after that's done, will be applied to the next event on those days.
(No pressure, that's fine.)

Okay... who's in tonight?
Americas, I'm looking at you! :sly:

Thursday 5 February 2015

8:30pm US EST / 5:30pm US PST / (Friday 01:30 UTC / 1:30am GMT)
Shuffle Parity Mixer -- Series 13 -- Event 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars Needed: Hot Hatches List & Vintage List (Drivers will use their Parity Car Assignment)
Race #1: 2 laps @ Nürburgring 24hrs // Hot Hatches
Race #2: 12 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse // Vintage (heavy damage)

Parity Car Assignments

RESULTS

Shuffle Parity Mixer -- Series 13 -- Event 3
Thursday 5 February 2015

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (8 pts)
  2. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (7 pts)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (6 pts)
  4. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (3 pts)
  5. AngryEater / AngryEater (1 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Nürburgring 24hrs // Hot Hatches

IMG_9857.jpg

Race #2: 14 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse // Vintage (heavy damage)

IMG_9863.jpg

.218 finish. :eek:
(Can't wait to watch the replay of that last lap. Wish I could've been there! :sly: :lol:)

:bowdown:

RESULTS

Series 13
(THURSDAYS)

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (43 pts) (3/7)
  2. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (40 pts) (3/3)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (35 pts) (1/7)
  4. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts) (2/2)
  5. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (27 pts) (0/2)
  6. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (16 pts) (3/1)
  7. ryzno / ryzno (16 pts) (0/1)
  8. AngryEater / AngryEater (10 pts) (0/1)

👍 Prize Picks :cool:

@amarynceos
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@Chiochan
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@daddyo845
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

And... I think we have no choice at all but to award the good sportsmanship to aceboy127 for not only racing in 2 out of 3 events with no catastrophe, but entering the last race of the series with an underpowered car assignment, racing hard, and yet managing not to send any other cars to the pit. :cool:
Though his avatar might be in need of a first aid kit after the mishap near Chitwood corner. :lol: :ouch:

@aceboy127
One (1) car/car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race or 1-make session starter race and/or heavy damage race.

Hi there, is there something I am doing wrong because I can't find the lobby.
I entered the club event but I still cannot see any room.
Was today's event delayed? Do I have to send a PSN FR to someone?

RESULTS

TRACK DAY ASCARI

Friday 6 Feb 2015

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (27 pts)
2.) LongbowX / LongbowX (19 pts)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts)
4.) *tacom08 / tacom08 (16 pts)
5.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (13 pts)
5.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (13 pts)
6.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (8 pts)
7.) gkgamer / gkgamer (7 pts)

IMG_9868.jpg
IMG_9872.jpg
IMG_9873.jpg
IMG_9881.jpg
IMG_9886.jpg

👍:cheers:

Nice photo's, I think I will try to take a few and post them here today.
photostream

Does anyone know how to get flckr photos on GTplanet, it seems they have changed the method.

Last edited:
Nice photo's, I think I will try to take a few and post them here today.
photostream

Does anyone know how to get flckr photos on GTplanet, it seems they have changed the method.

Go to the flickr photo you want to share, goto the "share" arrow, choose the size to be used, select 'BBCode', and copy only the img part of the content (this is the BBCode from the last image of your flickr stream):

Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/mbAkXv][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/13247001263_02d250ddf0_b.jpg[/img]Circuito di Roma_5[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/79191622@N03/]BCartner[/url], on Flickr

i.e. this part:

Code:
[img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/13247001263_02d250ddf0_b.jpg[/img]

If you paste it here, it will insert the image. If you paste the whole stuff, you will get some links to flickr and your caption for free.

Back