Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

@daddyo845 and all
I'll let you know if I come across an event where Bspec Bob can be unattended, on normal, win a race, with a stock (or near stock) vehicle, that takes a little while & pays out okay.
At this point, I'm just having B-Bob doing career mode stuff that I'd lost interest in completing previously.

Here is one Stock Bob-Spec Setup. Get Zonda R with oil change. TC1, ABS1, RS tyres, brake bias 4/7.

Go to S-Series and choose 24 minutes Nurburgring. Select Push the Pace from beginning! If you can, cancel the first pitstop to get open track for 2 laps and 600k or gamble and do not touch it for 200k and up... early pit seems faster after all. Less fuel to add... So just let Bob do it's thing 👍

It depends on opponents I guess but first try I won by over 20 sec margin to next car.

Not tested yet, but would think the Zonda with SS would work in the 20 min races as well...

Edit: had another run and a SRT Viper passed me while pitting with almost empty tank. Early, faster pit seems smarter?

Last edited:
That wasn't first time or it's old news.
HELSINKI, Finland - Police gave a record $216,900 speeding ticket to a millionaire under a system in which traffic fines are linked to an offender's income.

The Iltalehti tabloid reported that millionaire Jussi Salonoja zoomed through the city center last weekend in a 25 mph zone and police handed him a ticket of $216,900. It didn't say what his speed was.

The fine was based on information they got directly for the inland revenue office, the Tuesday report said.

Salonoja, 27, could not be reached for comment, and police declined to discuss the alleged speeding incident until it reaches the Helsinki Regional Court at a later date.

SHOPPING LIST APPENDED. :D ;)

Check post #1 for the new car lists.
(I add them in order of debut)
The Historic list has been added.
If you participated in the spec event this past week, you'll have some of them already.

The spreadsheet has been updated with both the Performance Coupes and the Historic lists.

Also check post #2 for new itineraries. If you want to race in 2 scheduled spec events this week, it will involve some shopping. Though I think most of those cars are pretty cheap. :rolleyes: :sly:
(edit: I had most of them already... but that's just me. lol)

It's great to hear the Performance Coupes list being unveiled.:bowdown:
I will visit the dealership to purchase all missing cars of that list and the Historic List to be prepared for races.
I just recognized that the debut of Performance Coupes will be on Wednesday at GVS, wonderful choice.👍

I already signed up for all the 8:00pm CET events from Tuesday to Friday this week. I'm really excited for the races and glad that we have a full schedule in my racing week.:cheers:

I know the reasons for 8:30pm CET as usual event start time but I really appreciate the 8:00pm CET starts till end of march.👍 This provides some time buffer as I have to leave at 10:00pm CET usually.
Btw I was really surprised as I read the term "Daylight Saving Time", never heard it before.:eek: But I think it's such a cool term as it describes what it is. :lol: In Germany we only say "Sommerzeit"= Summer Time or officially it's called "Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit"= Central European Summer Time. But "Tageslichtausnutzungszeit" would be a cool term for us too.:crazy: :D

I'm quite sure I don't own one of those cars needed for Thursday execpt the RS200 yet but I'm going to buy them of course. Are they going to appear on a future "Below Low Power" list? :crazy: :lol:

For credits on B-Spec, a solid and consistent winner:

20 Miles of Willow Springs, Light Car Company / Rocket (tune to 650 PP).

Push the Pace - wins by 10 seconds+. About 250,000 credits in about 12 minutes of laundry, or assorted chores. Can win by more with Push It Hard. Bob is good with tire management in this car. ;)

Thanks for that hint!:cheers:

I did absolutely no setup on the car, just installed all available tuning parts and set the power limiter to 650PP, no balance adjustment etc..
The 1st try I put SH tires on to be sure they would last till the end of the race without a pit stop. I selected "push the pace" and went out of the room. When I came back the credit notification on the screen showed like 175,000 Cr., so Bob did not win the race.:boggled:
2nd try I put SS tires on, set Max. Speed to 240 km/h (150mph) and watched Bob a bit. In draft situations the car hit the limiter, so one could increase Max. Speed a bit more but I kept it that way. The tire management is phenomenal, fuel is no issue, so Bob won't enter the pits but the AI will. With this setting a win was garantueed.👍
Oh and btw, that result didn't seem to depend on the AI. Another time I had the Mclaren F1 in the field and still could win.

I exercised that strategy through all sunday while doing other things at home. Just came back to the PS3 now and then to start a new race. Later we have been watching a movie and I memorized the button combination to start a new race and push the pace, so I could do this "blind" even without switching the HDMI sources.:lol:

Result: easy 6,000,000 Cr.:)

Btw, I'm now at 26,000,000 Cr. so I can afford the Miura for upcoming Classics list plus all other needed cars for the new lists.👍

I like the Stockyard swap to garage for sorting the lists. I made sure to contrast the colors and power for easier reference.

Thanks!

I'm really glad I found out about that, that's why I wanted to share my thoughts with you.:)
I think it's a nice feature to order your lists. In my opinion the most useful effect is that the cars are shown on top of the main car list in your garage with "date acquired" search settings.👍
At the moment I'm repainting all my club cars, so it helps a lot when the cars to be edited are on top of the list and you don't have to scroll down.;) This really saves a lot of time in this whole process.

I have decided to let RED / BLUE become my colour theme.:)
I will use the contrary colour combination for some lists, so my cars will look like this:

\_________
|____|__
o_\___
|_
(o)_____(o)__\

or

\_________
|____|__
o_\___
|_
(o)_____(o)__\

:gtpflag:

@daddyo845 if you have Pagani Zonda R you could try stock with oil change. My Bob is currently at Nurburgring 24 minute race. 600k in 30 minutes :)

Forget my previous post just "Push the Pace" and leave it 👍

All stated credit values are with 200% login bonus. That's why I always try to log in every day, even if I don't have time to race.

The Nürburgring race may be a good alternative if you want to let Bob do his stuff for nearly half an hour before coming back to PS3 to start the next race. I will have to try this too.👍

There is this great Credit Grinding Guide where you can see which events are most effective. I guess the issue at the moment is to find out which Bob can win alone without managing him.:confused:

I'm quite sure I don't own one of those cars needed for Thursday execpt the RS200 yet but I'm going to buy them of course. Are they going to appear on a future "Below Low Power" list? :crazy: :lol:
It would be called the Limbo Stick list. :sly::D
I have been thinking of dialing in more low power cars, and splitting it into 2 lists.
Sometime eventually this will be discussed on the Time Trials Testing Thread, if anyone's interested. :)

I'm also thinking of having a "One Make List"... A list of oddball cars that don't fit into other lists, but we can have ready for one-make races. 👍

Fortunately I think all these low power cars are fairly cheap. :)

But unfortunately many of these really low power cars scheduled for Thursday & Saturday have stock gearing issues which make them incompatible to form a list. :(
For example, the Honda Z Act (as well as the Honda N360) take forever to launch off. :eek: :boggled:
Others are just problematic on many tracks. I had to choose the tracks for some of them very carefully. I spent almost an hour finding exactly the right tracks for the Honda Life Step Van, VW Sambabus, & Biposto Bertone. :rolleyes::lol: So that we can have a good time. 👍

The I-Miev I already have raced on GVER in Low HP League in GT5. And it was such a big hit, we did bonus races with the I-Miev after that. :lol:

And the vintage Fiat 500 scheduled for Saturday, I already knew was a good fit at Monte Carlo because we've raced it there before in GT6.
And also that's a nostalgia thing for those who used to attend my GT5 shuffle lobbies.

For anyone who wasn't in those shuffle lobbies... I'll tell the story of that once again, because it's a fond memory for me. ;)

Of course you know in a pub lobby, Cote D'Azur is rather a dicey track to race.
Difficult to police track conduct. :scared: And racing there in many lobbies (not just mine), often led to temptations for poor track etiquette, and somebody getting mad because someone else cut the chicane, or had an accident in the switchback hairpins, or just lots of Turn 1 drama. :ill: :nervous:
Even with shuffle set to base lowest at 300pp, there would always be complaints, somebody making a stink afterward in the lobby, and lots of rage quits. :yuck:

But we did "track vote" for most races, and I allowed the vote to stand.
... And then I would pick the cars to race. Either shuffle settings or 1-make from courtesy garage - which was more extensive in GT5, and included cars such as the premium vintage Fiat 500. :sly:
For example, I would always use the Brera Pig Window if Daytona or Indy oval got voted in... because it was very easy to oval race in this car, and would lead to less complaints & more likely for everyone to have a good time. :)

So whenever people would vote for Cote D'Azur, I would make it a 1-make race in the vintage Fiat 500. ;) :D

And it was very funny.
But people really had a good time because the cars are slow, and needing to maintain momentum meant that nobody would want to bump :nervous: so there would be very few incidents, and very few people tempted to do crazy lines or ridiculous stunts. Also, cutting the chicane is not beneficial at all in the vintage Fiat 500. :mischievous: :lol: The curbing slows the car enough to make it very undesirable to go over that chicane anyway. :sly:

So it was a "safe bet" whenever that track was voted in. 👍
After awhile, regulars came to expect this... and even look forward to it!! :D :lol:
It also had the nice side-effect of annoying impatient and easily frustrated racers... so those most likely to cause trouble in races would simply leave. :mischievous: :lol: :sly:
Whenever new people would join and vote for Cote D'Azur... the regulars would start chanting in the chat, "Fiat! Fiat! Fiat!" :lol:
In fact, sometimes regulars would vote for Cote D'Azur BECAUSE they knew we'd race the vintage Fiat 500. :lol::lol:
It was very funny.

PS: Thanks everyone for generously giving me your extra smileys you don't use in your quota of smiley usage. ;)

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 2
Sunday 8 March 2015

Low Power @ Silverstone National

Silverstone National Circuit_19.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_17.jpg Silverstone National Circuit.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_18.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_16.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_15.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_14.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_13.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_12.jpg
Silverstone National Circuit_11.jpg

Silverstone National Circuit_9.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_8.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_7.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_6.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_4.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_5.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_1.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_2.jpg Silverstone National Circuit_3.jpg

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 2
Sunday 8 March 2015

Vintage @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse

THE BOXES! :scared: :eek: :lol:

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_1.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_2.jpg
They really pack you in like sardines on that starting grid. :eek:
And naturally I (in the BMW 507) smoked it up off the start in front of poor @culturalsnow (in Red Europa). :rolleyes:
But that was only to be the beginning of what felt like a Bond film car chase. :lol:
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_3.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_4.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_5.jpg
@gkgamer (in Skyline 67) & @GranTurismo916 (tongo in the red Alfa Spider 66) ... appearing as they want to carve out more room into that hill. ;) I think you would need some dynamite guys! :lol:
Then @daddyo845 (in green & yellow Bellet) scoots in to go 3-wide into the tunnel. :scared:
Tongo's Spider gets a little smooshed into the wall. :ouch:
At this point @daddyo845 who is sandwiched, moves to the left to give tongo more room and bumps @LongbowX in the Mini Marcos... though luckily the Mini Marcos is very stable so this doesn't present too much of a problem.
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_6.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_7.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_8.jpg
But @GranTurismo916 in the Alfa Spider, having gotten some space goes too fast into the turn and nearly winds up in the parking lot. Followed by @tarnheld (orange Civic) who also looks like he's debating stopping at the scenic overlook for a picnic. ;)
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_9.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_10.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_11.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_12.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_13.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_14.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_15.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_16.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_17.jpg
So then I was in a chase to beat everyone to the 2nd lap, so nobody could get past me before the boxes deployed. :lol::sly:
It appeared @Chiochan (bronze Celica) anticipated to steer around where the boxes would rise. 💡
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_18.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_36.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_20.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_41.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_19.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_21.jpg
And yes, I did "look back" - could not resist, and it probably hurt my time, but you can't see the boxes in the rear view mirror. :odd:
But at the time I could not see tacom08 (white Alfa Speciale '63) was the one who not only had the boxes rise in front of him, but seemed to be raised up by the boxes. :boggled: :eek: :lol:
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_37.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_22.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_23.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_24.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_25.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_26.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_28.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_30.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_32.jpg
I noticed @LongbowX simply plowed the box with the Mini Marcos. It's so stable, why not? :lol:
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_42.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_34.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_43.jpg
Adding insult to injury, tacom08 managed to have trouble with the boxes even on the next lap. :eek:
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_44.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_45.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_46.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_48.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_49.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_51.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_52.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_53.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_54.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_56.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_57.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_58.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_59.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_60.jpg Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_61.jpg
And in the end it was a very close finish with @snowgt (red 117 Coupe). :scared:

I imagine everyone would've done better if we weren't all laughing so hard, right? :lol:
Good fun!:cheers:

Out of curiosity... was there anyone who didn't know about the boxes already?

Last edited:
I got a setup for anyone in need of a decent car for grinding credits. Thing is, it probably won't do too well on anything other than the Route X race in IA -> Like the Wind. Also, Bob can run that race in 04:04.XXX, so if you don't mind checking frequently, you can actually average a lot more credits than you can on any of the endurance races. Now, I'm actually not sure how much all of this costs, b/c I was looking to build a 300+ mph car at the time, and really didn't care.
You are going to need the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11. The easiest way to find it is to go into car search, and enter tz3 in the "part of name" field, and it will be the only result. Then, you will need to get the oil change increase the body rigidity. After that, get racing hard tires, and all of the best parts in each category.

Once that is done, set up the suspension as shown in my crappy photo.
28jusuw.jpg

Then, for the transmission, things get complicated. First, select "reset to default". Second, set the max speed all the way to the right. Then, set the final drive ratio all the way to the right. Next, set the max speed to 155 mph. After that, set the final drive ratio all the way to the left. If you have done all of that correctly (and if I remembered my procedure correctly), you should then be able to tweak the individual gear ratios so that they match what you see in this less crappy photo.
16bwnqc.jpg

Just to be safe, you will also want to set the LSD to 40 initial torque, 40 acceleration, and 20 braking. If you have done this right, Bob will have no problem beating everyone with a 24.4XX second lead after just one lap, which is actually the entire race. He will accelerate to 302 mph, and stay in 5th gear, as getting into 6th gear is impossible without drafting another car capable of exceeding 300 mph.

If anyone is interested, but finds this too expensive, let me know. I also have a similar tune for the Nismo GTR '14, which you can get as a gift car for the last stage of the Sierra Time Rally, which also pays out mega credits if you haven't completed it yet already. It is a bit slower, but Bob should still have no problem winning at 297 mph.

@watermelon punch I totally don't remember clouting that box in the Marcos. :lol:

Also on my replay tacom got a lot more air, like...banner height. :scared:

:lol:
How odd...
In my replay your Mini Marcos was pushing it for quite a ways. :eek:
It was like you aimed for it and didn't care and figured you could pass @culturalsnow (red Europa) while pushing the box. :lol::odd:

I did notice there were probably differences in what people saw:
Here's the photomode that tacom08 posted in his public profile online yesterday:

vqkqlkuCkB94KFwu_0.jpg

So it looks like from his view, tacom08's Alfa Speciale '63 car got a lot higher than in my replay.

During the race, I looked back, but only momentarily and just in time to see the boxes burst forth... couldn't see what car was behind them.

Thanks @terrordog1490 👍
I've heard of people using the Huayra with Bspec there. But I'm not sure how "surefire" it is.
I think there's an Anniversary version that if you have that it won't cost anything.
But... Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11 = 605,000 cr.
So not a bad investment, as with the login bonus, I think you can get to 1 million in just a couple of races, right?

I'm really sorry for that race on eiger. Going into that tunnel; I had no idea what I was doing :dunce: :lol:. I feel so dumb for doing that. But seeing those pictures with me squeezing in between such an incredibly small space and reading @watermelon punch's review of the situation, I couldn't help but laugh. :lol: But in all seriousness I'm sorry :indiff:. I don't think I conceded either. I just don't know how I could've without causing an even bigger mess.

@daddyo845
Eiger Reverse just isn't your track. :lol:

This is what happened last time:
(@Chiochan 's picture)
12229474494_4a3decd183_h.jpg

IIRC, that's your green Golf. :lol:

Of course that's me (green Alfa Speciale) and @Chiochan (bronze Lancer) "parked" at the scenic overlook after having missed the turn. :lol:

Append:
Funny too - for laughs I just read the race incident report from last year, that race...

1st turn after the tunnel stewards report
No fault Race incident
Actually, I think there's something rather odd about that first turn.
More than half the drivers were involved in the melee... but there was no single cause, just a series of unfortunate accidents.
We did the Friday reset race at Eiger Reverse... and the same thing happened.

Also, some confusion about the incident could've been caused by the fact that afterward, some cars were moving quite slow - and may have appeared to be giving contact concessions, when in fact, they were on full throttle, just with spectacularly crippling engine damage.
img_2736-jpg.109521

Now I remember the in-race confusion as everyone tried to get going again, but couldn't because of engine damage... and everyone thought others were attempting to give contact concessions because they caused the accident. So in the race, nobody knew that no single car had caused the accident.
I have to find my race photos from that accident, because I remember it was quite extensive. At least 5 or 6 cars were involved.

Append 2:
Also, now that I think about it further... 💡
I think part of the issue with this track is the same with Willow and some others that start you on the starting grid all packed in like sardines side-by-side.
So cars naturally get sandwiched into the tunnel and could easily go off into that parking area where the Eiger K track comes out.

After that huge accident there last year... I have become overly cautious on that turn.
So much so that I brake a bit early for it... and in doing so Sunday, wound up getting rear-ended by @snowgt 's car on lap 3... because he was more confident in braking later for that turn.
Ironically I had thought I hugged the left side in hopes I would be out of his way for the turn... but he followed in my wake and ruined my plans. :lol:

Last edited:
So not a bad investment, as with the login bonus, I think you can get to 1 million in just a couple of races, right?
With the 200 percent login bonus it's 140,030 Cr or something like that for each race, so you'll get about 1,050,000 Cr every 8 races.

My ps3 locks up every single time I try to do that :( anyone know how to fix it?
How's your Internet connection? That event runs a friend leaderboard, so if your connection is slow and you have a lot of friends, it's going to lag quite a bit before it actually loads the menu and lets you have control. It shouldn't lock up the whole system though. Does it still respond when pressing the PS button? If you can still get to the system menu with the PS button, then it's probably just a massive amount of network lag.

I have encountered glitches that lock up the whole system too. They usually happen when GT6 is trying to load something or access something online, and something interrupts it, from what I can tell. For example, attempting to check messages while the seizure warning screen is displayed will almost always trigger this glitch, since that's the point where it is starting to load the game up, and initiate communication with the GT6 servers. It seems like the main thread kinda just crashes, and there's nothing there to catch the problem, and abort the operation, nor is there even anything to prevent the user from doing things that would cause such problems. It would be nice if PD could fix those things, but us end-users aren't really given all that much to provide useful error-reporting data.

The entire thing just seizes up...and sometimes it'll be lag like you said and THEN it'll freeze after waiting for a half hour...you'd think it was Steam.

I would guess friends list too.
Also reboot the ps3 before launching the game if you were using something else first like YouTube Netflix or another game... Or especially the ps3 internet browser which is a POS but my spouse insists on using it anyway.
Otherwise not sure. I've had the occasional freezes entering seasonals and I definitely think it's because of having so many active gt6 players on my friends list.

Back