Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I'd like to race tomorrow. However I understand there's an on-going points championship, so I'll give priority to those who have already collected points if the room fills up 👍

Also, I'm sorry about no-showing last week. I unexpectedly had a very busy day and wasn't able to make it. Normally I would have posted on here beforehand to let you guys know, but as I said it was unexpected.
It's cool, it happens.
We had reserves too.

And you're good for tom. (Sat.) 👍

@watermelonpunch, what's the problem? Can't you see this thread: link?

:confused:

:dunce:

Never mind... :odd:

but still, the stuff is there anyhow... I'd been working on that for some while anyway... because I've been concerned that people don't follow hte link. :nervous:

I don't think I can make it tomorrow.. VLN Lobby opens 9 pm GMT and we usually don't end very much ahead of that. And then I would get no practise ahead of that race either, so should probably skip tomorrow.

I had a dream last night that I was racing Fiat lounge on Matterhorn. I have an unhealthy obsession with those tracks.
Yeah I may be overdoing it myself lately because I had a dream about racing Mini Coopers in a bizarre configuration of a city track with large hills that had cobblestone like Rome.

Just an FYI - I'm not counting the races for points after the room pooped.

edit: grammar

Last edited:
Yeah I may be overdoing it myself lately because I had a dream about racing Mini Coopers in a bizarre configuration of a city track with large hills that had cobblestone like Rome.

Just an FYI - I'm not counting the races for points after the room pooped.

edit: grammar

Could I make a recommendation, perhaps a short password lile 'gtp' would cut down on randomers showing up mid event and time wasted. if you haven't already read this thread it's guaranteed they won't have the right cars.

Series 4, Event 1
Thursday 30 January 2014

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 70 pts
  2. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 65 pts
  3. temuster (temuster) 61 pts
  4. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 60 pts
  5. amarynceos (amarynceos) 57 pts
  6. CC570 (cc570) 52 pts
  7. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 47 pts
  8. HusamOne (HusamOne) 40 pts
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 40 pts
  10. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 39 pts
  11. jackargent (jackargent) 35 pts
  12. John Wells (johnwells69) 22 pts
  13. DestinKeys* (Destinkeys) 11 pts

Race #1 @ Special Stage Route 5

IMG_2711.jpg

Race #2 @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse

IMG_2716.jpg

Contact between cc570 & Chiochan
Fault unable to be determined after 3 steward reviews.

Race #3 @ London
  1. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  2. jackargent (jackargent) Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
  3. LongbowX (LongbowX) Nissan Be-1 '87
  4. temuster (temuster) Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
  5. amarynceos (amarynceos) Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
  6. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88
  7. HusamOne (HusamOne) Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
  8. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) Ford Ka '01
  9. CC570 (cc570) Suzuki WAGON R RR '98
  10. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
  11. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Nissan PAO '89
  12. John Wells (johnwells69) Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
John Wells DQ, wrong car
L1 T1
John Wells bumped HusamOne who was hit from the other side by daddyo845 coming up the inside. John Wells should have conceded.
As daddyo845 didn't gain a position, and John Wells is DQ'd from the race for driving the wrong car, there will be no penalties.
L2 T1 incident
daddyo845 completely missed the brake point and flew through corner in front of a bunch of cars. Concession was made to the entire grid, so no penalty is assessed.

Race #4 @ London Reverse

IMG_2725.jpg

L4 last turn
The incident with watermelonpunch, Phouchg, & daddyo845
It was a big accident & I was the initial cause but in no way had an idea of that in the race.
I think none of the parties involved knew who was at fault, or what really happened, so confusion ensued. I moved to avoid daddyo845 who appeared to me to be moving slow through the turn, Phouchg was close behind, and so hit me into daddyo845 who had moved by that point... So we all thought the accident was caused by others.
Which led to daddyo845 kind of pushing up through to take his (albeit) rightful place - but that shouldn't have to happen like that.

If you are hit, and owed a contact concession that was not given, please trust that if you report it, the proper respect will be paid, and the results will be adjusted accordingly, once someone has reviewed to see what actually happened. In many cases where contact concession is not given by regular, usually clean, drivers, it's usually the case that the drivers involved didn't really have a good idea about what occurred. This is especially true if there are more than 2 cars involved in a collision, and sometimes it's impossible to know that there were more than 2 cars involved from one person's perspective in the race.

Race #5 @ Eiger NordWand Short Track

IMG_2729.jpg

L1 T1 Incident
A series of unfortunate collisions occur after one car spins. Concession was legal, no penalties.

Race #6 @ Eiger NordWand Short Track Reverse

IMG_2736.jpg

1st turn after the tunnel stewards report
No fault Race incident
Actually, I think there's something rather odd about that first turn.
More than half the drivers were involved in the melee... but there was no single cause, just a series of unfortunate accidents.
We did the Friday reset race at Eiger Reverse... and the same thing happened.

Also, some confusion about the incident could've been caused by the fact that afterward, some cars were moving quite slow - and may have appeared to be giving contact concessions, when in fact, they were on full throttle, just with spectacularly crippling engine damage.

There was a lag spike in the replay, at the time of a contact incident between LongbowX & watermelonpunch heading toward tunnel, while following another car and the contact appeared anyway to be no fault. (I don't remember the contact in the race.)

The Boxes made it all worth it, right? :lol:

Race #7 @ Madrid

IMG_2740.jpg

Race #8 @ Madrid Reverse

IMG_2743.jpg

There were multiple incidents in both Madrid races, and apparently annoying ones at Madrid Reverse.
They have been reviewed by a couple of people, and other than some less than ideal re-entries to the track, particularly around the chicane, and some sloppy driving here & there with concessions made, there is nothing that appears to warrant post-race penalties.
Most of the problems I think were caused there by multiple spun or crashed parties trying to right their cars at the same time, with oncoming traffic on its way through.
Re-entry to traffic caution is advised, especially around chicanes with railings where your car may not be visible to oncoming traffic, because it's hidden behind a railing.

Frankly, if I never race on Madrid Reverse again, it will be too soon. :lol: 👎 I really hate it there.
In fact, I think there's something very sinister about tracks that start out with a chicane as turn one. :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
Series 5, Event 1
Friday 31 January 2014

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 47 pts
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 46 pts
  3. HusamOne (HusamOne) 38 pts
  4. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 37 pts
  5. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 31 pts
  6. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 31 pts
  7. nickg07 (Ballist1x) 31 pts
  8. Vaca_Noche (GTSC_VacaNoche) 28 pts
  9. HONESTGUV (honestguv) 19 pts
  10. ryzno (ryzno) 17 pts
  11. John Wells (johnwells69) 13 pts
  12. AlexandaHonda (alpalof88) 1 pt

Race #1 @ High Speed Ring

IMG_2759.jpg

Race Incident caused by AlexandaHonda (alpalof88) colliding with HusamOne (HusamOne)

Race #2 @ Autumn Ring Reverse

IMG_2760.jpg

Race #3 @ Brands Hatch GP

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) Audi S4 '03
  2. Vaca_Noche (GTSC_VacaNoche) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  3. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Jaguar XFR '10
  4. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  5. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  6. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Jaguar S-Type R '02
  7. ryzno (ryzno) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  8. nickg07 (Ballist1x) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  9. HusamOne (HusamOne) BMW 135i Coupe '07
  10. John Wells (johnwells69) Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  11. HONESTGUV (honestguv) Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06

HONESTGUV - DQ for using the wrong car
2 pts penalty for a bump pass & an improper re-entry to the track inappropriately blocking
daddyo845
2 pt penalty - L1 T1 - bumping in a dive on the inside of Vaca_Noche

Race #4 @ Rome Reverse

IMG_2767.jpg

Race #5 @ Rome

IMG_2770.jpg

(finishing order is correct & everyone finished the race - just that my later pic is blurry so I used this one)

L1 last turn incident - No Fault Race incident

Race #6 @ Cote d’Azur

IMG_2771.jpg

After Hours Races (ie: after the room pooped out)
Not counted for points:

Race #7 @ Matterhorn Riffelsee

IMG_2774.jpg

Race #8 @ Daytona Super Speedway

IMG_2775.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
I have a terrible confession to make. :guilty:
I can't make the Saturday results yet, because I'm missing results from one race.
I neglected to snap a pic of the results OR save the replay, for the Nurb 24 hrs race on Saturday. :ill:
Probably because I very unfortunately lost my temper during that race. :guilty: So I was distracted. :(
Sorry!!!!
Can someone come up with that set of results, please?
Thank you!

I have a terrible confession to make. :guilty:
I can't make the Saturday results yet, because I'm missing results from one race.
I neglected to snap a pic of the results OR save the replay, for the Nurb 24 hrs race on Saturday. :ill:
Probably because I lost my temper during that race. :guilty: So I was distracted. :(
Sorry!!!!
Can someone come up with that set of results, please?
Thank you!
Which race? I might have the replay.

Back