Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Today's Event:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 15 March 2015
1:30pm US EDT / 10:30am US PDT / 5:30pm GMT / 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 3
Cars Needed: Parity Car Assignment for Hot Hatches, Retro, Luxury
Heavy Damage, 1 mandatory pit stop
Race #1: 2 laps @ Nürburgring Nordschleife // Hot Hatches (damage light)
Race #2: 10 laps @ Grand Valley East Reverse // Retro (damage heavy)
Race #3: 18 laps @ Autumn Ring // Luxury (damage heavy)

So there are 6 signed up. Plus @amarynceos & @Chiochan who are not signed up but are planning on attending. 👍

Just that for a moment there I wondered if the itinerary had put people off. :lol: :nervous:
Notice I added the clarification of "damage light" for the Hot Hatches at Nürb Nord race. 👍

I wondered if people freaked out at the thought of an accident at Wehrseifen, and then having to drive a heavy damaged Civic from Bergwerk on :eek: with a pull to the right, or worse engine damage through Kesselchen. :ill:
:lol:

Fear not! :)

Great Races today!

First race at Nordschleife was great, had battles with @Chiochan and @snowgt in 1st lap. Hilarious pitting, it was very crowded. ;) Second lap i couldn't match the pace of @snowgt, but at least i kept it together and made no serious mistake.:)

Second race at GVER i didn't come to grips with the Fairlady. Stupid mistakes put me at the back of the field where i stayed for the rest of the race. :crazy:

Third race at Autumn ring saw me in the gorgeous Z8. I had a good start and stayed in pole, followed by @Chiochan and soon @snowgt. Could match the pace even when the tires started fading until pitting, where i missed the end of 8th lap. Pitted one lap later and came back behind @Chiochan, @amarynceos and @snowgt. The Z8 was faster on the straights, but but there were not enough of them to pull off an overtake, so i waited for my moment. @amarynceos and @Chiochan pitted a few laps later, then i battled with @snowgt for the lead. He could hold me back, i tried a few times to pull it off but always messed it up. In the last lap, i could do late apex at 270R and had good overlap, but i braked too hard going into the chicane, unsettled the car and spun. :ouch: Great Fun nonetheless. :D:tup:

Last edited:
Good times. :)

Though I must admit the Jag XFR on Autumn Ring was a little...
I got a little car sick. :ill:
When I said I needed to lie down a little... I was serious. :lol: :eek:
I'm amazed at anyone who kept up pace for 18 laps there in the Luxury cars.
I should've done 2 pit stop strategy like @amarynceos ... if for no other reason I could've had 2 breaks. :ouch: :lol: :sly:

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 3
Sunday 15 March 2015

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (23 pts) (2/1)
2.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (15 pts) (0/2)
2.) tarnheld / tarnheld (15 pts) (0/2)
3.) LongbowX / LongbowX (14 pts)
4.) *tacom08 / tacom08 (13 pts)
5.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (11 pts) (1/0)
6.) gkgamer / gkgamer (6 pts) (0/1)
7.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (6 pts)
8.) baja_j / baja_j (5 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Nürburgring Nordschleife // Hot Hatches (damage light)

IMG_0455.jpg

Race #2: 10 laps @ Grand Valley East Reverse // Retro (damage heavy)

IMG_0457.jpg

Race #3: 18 laps @ Autumn Ring // Luxury (damage heavy)

IMG_0460.jpg

RESULTS

Series 17

Sundays

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (96 pts) (5/2)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (85 pts) (1/5)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (85 pts) (0/3)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (82 pts) (3/3)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (60 pts) (1/3)
  6. tarnheld / tarnheld (56 pts) (1/2)
  7. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (46 pts) (1/2)
  8. gkgamer / gkgamer (45 pts) (0/4)
  9. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (45 pts) (0/2)
  10. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (32 pts) (2/1)
  11. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (32 pts) (0/1)
  12. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts)
  13. baja_j / baja_j (5 pts)
  14. crisissasix / crisissasix (3 pts)
  15. *cturbo26 / cturbo26 (3 pts)

Prize Picks! :cheers:

@snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

*tacom08 / tacom08
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@LongbowX / LongbowX
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

:cool: :D :cool:

Shuffle Mixer Track Day
Friday 13 March 2015

Traffic @ Cape Ring

I was lamenting how the Traffic cars were too slow to get much lift on the jump.
Little did I know there would soon be some excitement. :nervous: :odd:

Cape Ring.jpg Cape Ring_1.jpg Cape Ring_2.jpg
I accidentally drifted off-track into the red paved area on the circle, and then had to yield to allow @Goetz (johndoekillsyou) past unobstructed in the Infiniti G20.
Cape Ring_4.jpg Cape Ring_5.jpg Cape Ring_6.jpg
I then see the Infiniti G20 kind of hopping along the red paved area nearing the exit of the circle. :odd: It was making a "boing" movement. :lol:
Then it shot forward like a rocket and took off through the air! :scared:
Cape Ring_7.jpg Cape Ring_8.jpg Cape Ring_9.jpg
It looked as if he was considering flying into the parking lot... perhaps to make use those porta-toilets? :lol: ;) :sly: :lol:
Cape Ring_10.jpg

Cape Ring_11.jpg Cape Ring_15.jpg Cape Ring_17.jpg
The car kept going "boing" along the track. :lol:
Cape Ring_12.jpg

And in the replay, I saw that @Chiochan put his car hugging the wall on that last turn... as if to hunker down behind the wall in fleeing the bouncing Infinit G20. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then it really got weird when I rewinded. :ill: :odd:
Cape Ring_13.jpg Cape Ring_14.jpg Cape Ring_16.jpg
The G20 left rubber in the air as it would on track! :odd: :eek: :crazy:

Event #3 of a series is Parity Races -which are micro & mini endurance races.

Check Post #2 for upcoming itineraries... 👍
(The Event #3 itinerary for Friday night has not been announced yet, of course.)

Nobody hails post #2 anymore. :( *sad-face* :(

Event #3 of a series is Parity Races -which are micro & mini endurance races.

Check Post #2 for upcoming itineraries... 👍
(The Event #3 itinerary for Friday night has not been announced yet, of course.)

Nobody hails post #2 anymore. :( *sad-face* :(
Don't worry melon, I still hail post #2 :bowdown: :D

Oh and I just knew my embarrassing off at big willow would be in the pictures :banghead: :lol:

Races yesterday were a blast. I definitely enjoyed having been granted a bit of an edge performance-wise over my usual fellow competitors Longbow and Tacom with a temporary lull in parity assignment. :D

I had tried both the C4 and the BMW 120d for half a lap on the Ring and although they both were equal for me in sheer speed (the C4 providing quite a lot more power uphill), the 120d was definitely the more suited for the track. I was able to close in on @tarnheld in the second part of lap 1, and although I had no real hope of getting by him in the 207GTI on the straight, I was able to juuust edge by him down from Döttinger Höhe to enter the pits in the lead. For some excruciating moments when the car virtually stopped while leaving the pits I thought I might be overtaken (or rather passed through) by other cars leaving the pits, but eventually I got out and was able to hold on to a little gap of between 3 and 6 seconds throughout lap 2.

The Ballade was a very good car for race 2. It was pretty nimble for an FF and the top speed wasn't so bad either. I got up into 2nd, but I couldn't get past the Goat in the '83 Lancer.

Race 3 in the 135i was definitely my favourite. Decided pretty early that I would try to 1-stop. In the later stages of the first stint I was a couple of seconds behind @tarnheld in a Z8 again, came in with about 2 seconds gap after lap 8 while he stayed out, and that one lap on fresh tyres was enough to get me ahead of him. For the second stint the roles were now reversed as he was closing in and was close to overtaking me several times. I had to cover inside lines constantly so as not to leave a door open and managed to do so until the last lap when my tyres finally were too much gone for what I was asking of them, so tarnheld got by on the uphill climb where his car was the strongest, but then he spun going through the left-right chicane and I therefore inherited the win. Great race, mate - you would have deserved the win! 👍👍

The burning question in my mind is...
What went right that we had no invisible car problems at Sunday's races??
If we can figure that out... we'd be aces!

Don't worry melon, I still hail post #2 :bowdown: :D
:D 👍 :lol:
Oh and I just knew my embarrassing off at big willow would be in the pictures :banghead: :lol:
There was talk about it in the lobby... and you know I just can't help myself when it comes to agony photomode opportunities. :guilty: :sly:
Lucky for me you're a good sport about it. :lol:

Peformance Coupés at Sierra.
Historic at Streets of Willow.
Any weather preferences?
And for Sierra - 1 lap or 2? (I don't actually have a ballpark lap time for Sierra in faster cars.)

Any weather preferences?
And for Sierra - 1 lap or 2? (I don't actually have a ballpark lap time for Sierra in faster cars.)

Dry sunshine is always my favourite. I like to see where I'm going. :D

I would say 2 laps is not too much. I would estimate lap times to be possible around 9 minutes or so in some of these cars.

ALERT

The OP (OPENING POST) HAS BEEN UPDATED. 👍

There's no real changes to content, though some stuff has been consolidated and included.

Please look over the opening post to familiarize yourself with the changes and where to find various information to refer to. 👍

Let me know about any typos or problems you see. 👍

The only real "addition" is instructions for "Yellow Flag" option for endurance races.
I included this because it's happened twice now :lol: even though we didn't really have that option in place... But obviously in some cases this might be desired. So I see no reason not to allow that option, and give everyone a head's up about it. :)
Of course I'm the only goof who messes up on the Yellow Flag probably anyhow. :dopey:
And the majority of our races are rather short, so I don't see it as a regular thing, but I think it's a good idea to have the option, and have everyone on the same page. 👍

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING IN THE NEW OP - PLEASE ASK

Thank you! :D

Edited for specificity.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back