Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 17 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 19 -- Event 1
Cars Needed: Retro, Legends, 90s, & Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza no chicane // Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Race #2: 4 laps @ Autumn Ring Reverse // Retro
Race #3: 4 laps @ SSR5 Clubman Reverse // Retro
Race #4: 3 laps @ Cape Ring Periphery // Legends
Race #5: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse // Legends
Race #6: 3 laps @ Mount Panorama // 90s

Shuffle Mixer - Series 18 - Event 1
Friday 13 March 2015

Luxury @ Nürburgring 24hrs

Nürburgring 24h.jpg Nürburgring 24h_2.jpg Nürburgring 24h_3.jpg Nürburgring 24h_4.jpg Nürburgring 24h_5.jpg Nürburgring 24h_6.jpg Nürburgring 24h_8.jpg Nürburgring 24h_10.jpg Nürburgring 24h_11.jpg Nürburgring 24h_12.jpg Nürburgring 24h_13.jpg Nürburgring 24h_14.jpg

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 19 -- Event 1
Tuesday 17 March 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (33 pts) (3/3)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (24 pts) (1/2)
  3. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (19 pts) (1/1)
  4. tarnheld / tarnheld (19 pts) (0/4)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (18 pts) (0/2)
  6. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (13 pts) (1/0)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza no chicane // Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02

IMG_0466.jpg

Race #2: 4 laps @ Autumn Ring Reverse // Retro

IMG_0470.jpg

Race #3: 4 laps @ SSR5 Clubman Reverse // Retro

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i '83)
  2. tarnheld / tarnheld (Honda City Turbo II '83)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (Nissan Exa Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88)
  4. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i '83)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (Isuzu Piazza XE '81)
  6. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (Honda Accord Coupe '88)

Race #4: 3 laps @ Cape Ring Periphery // Legends

IMG_0473.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse // Legends

IMG_0477.jpg

Race #6: 3 laps @ Mount Panorama // 90s

S19_E1_R6.JPG

NSX, Silvia Ks, Lancer, Celica, Fairlady, S4

:cheers:
Good times!

Not that I did extremely well or anything... but I really enjoyed that race at Trial Mtn Reverse - it was quite a wild ride. :lol::lol::lol:

That race at Nurb went pretty bad for me. It's bad enough that I almost completely failed to recover any ground after getting knocked off the track, but it just so happens to be my favorite track. It was like getting utterly destroyed on home turf. Unfortunately, my familiarity with the track also worked against me, as I was used to flying around it with RS tires, a stiff suspension, and a weight of about 1200 kg or less, so nearly all of my braking points were garbage. Still, it's nice to see my intensity captured so well in your photos as I desperately clawed my way back into the pack.

If you're wondering which cars I typically drive around this track, depending on the PP level, they would be the AE86 Trueno, the '99 Honda NSX Type S Zero, and the '02 Honda NSX Type R, and they are tuned to deal with varying PP levels ranging from 420 to 550. So yeah, I don't normally drive anything like the Jag. Maybe I'll do better next time. I can't really do much worse.

@terrordog1490 I wouldn't be too concerned. That Jag was your prize for your win at Willow. :sly:
Let's put it this way, if that Jag ever made the podium at Nurb24hrs we'd be cuing up the Twilight Zone music. :lol:
Or maybe the tune from Close Encounters. :eek: :lol:
alien.gif
💡
It stinks equally as much at GP as it does at the 'ring, so you drew the double whammy. :mischievous:

OTOH... it's a fine looking vehicle, is it not? ;):D
Love that green. It's stock BRG isn't it? I would keep that. 👍

@terrordog1490 I wouldn't be too concerned. That Jag was your prize for your win at Willow. :sly:
Let's put it this way, if that Jag ever made the podium at Nurb24hrs we'd be cuing up the Twilight Zone music. :lol:
Yeah, I know that was my "prize" for my win at Willow Springs. You're right. It would have been extremely impressive for me to have been able to win in that. I'm not bummed out about not winning, though. I didn't expect to win with car number 1, but I didn't expect to be in last with nothing in sight for half the race, either.

Love that green. It's stock BRG isn't it? I would keep that. 👍

Yeah. There are some cars that I just can't bring myself to apply my own color scheme to. It just feels wrong. Some of them just have an iconic look with a certain color. I think we have a Lotus in one of the lists that James Bond used as a submarine one time. I kept it white like in the movie. Hopefully, it's the right car. Any cars that I remember from Initial D get the colors that they have in that. Also, any cars that are the same model of a car that someone I know owns, or used to own, get the color that that owner has, or had. Then, there are a few others that get colors that don't even come close to matching my race suit for other reasons. I still haven't added custom rims to most of my cars yet, but when I do, I usually pick rims that just happen to have the color I went, so I won't have to spend extra, and use a paint chip, to fix it.

@terrordog1490
Of course what you're used to plays a big role sometimes with some cars on some tracks.
For example, I consider myself to be okay at Rome usually, I don't totally stink there.
But I struggled with the Alpine VGT @ Rome Seasonal event because of the Massimo turn. I'm so used to driving cars around that elbow that have a big weight shift & lean, or otherwise wallowy handling, that the Alpine VGT baffled me there greatly. :boggled: :lol: I was braking too early or too late, turning in way too early, and fishtailing exiting the turn. :odd: And even though I knew the problem, it was like I just couldn't help myself. I think that's what people call "muscle memory" or whatever. Kind of like IRL, if you're daydreaming while driving, seems like the car wants to drive you to work instead of the store. :lol:

WHO's IN today? :D

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Spec Sprint Variety Event
Cars Needed: (see 5 below, tire restrictions in parentheses)
Race #1: 2 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse // Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09 (CM)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Deep Forest // Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 (CS)
Race #3: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00 (CS)
Race #4: 3 laps @ Red Bull Ring // DMC DeLorean S2 '04 (CS)
Race #5: 4 laps @ Nürburgring GP/F // Ferrari 599 '06 (SM)

But I struggled with the Alpine VGT @ Rome Seasonal event because of the Massimo turn. I'm so used to driving cars around that elbow that have a big weight shift & lean, or otherwise wallowy handling, that the Alpine VGT baffled me there greatly.
And even though I knew the problem, it was like I just couldn't help myself. I think that's what people call "muscle memory" or whatever.
I guess I just haven't done enough shuffle then. When I first started GT6, I basically depended entirely on the gift cars from the Nurb challenge in GT5, and whatever gift cars I received throughout my career. I did as little tuning as possible, relying almost entirely on driving technique to win, so that I could save as much money as possible until I could buy and tune my three most favorite cars for online racing. Once I did that, I was set, except for a few iA and S class events. Aside from the shuffle events I've been to, I basically haven't driven stock at all since then, and all of my favorite cars are tuned to drive like race cars without wings. I guess that's why I was able to utterly destroy your time at every VGT event today, yet I still feel like I'm just fighting the cars when we shuffle, instead of controlling them by thought alone.

I bet today's event was a blast. Too bad I was stuck at work all day. I would have loved to see how I would stack up against you guys in the Shigeno AE86.

RESULTS
Spec Sprint Variety Event

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (14 pts)
  2. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (13 pts)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (9 pts)
  4. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (6 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse // Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09 (CM)

IMG_0482.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Deep Forest // Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 (CS)

IMG_0483.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00 (CS)

IMG_0487.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Red Bull Ring // DMC DeLorean S2 '04 (CS)

IMG_0490.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Nürburgring GP/F // Ferrari 599 '06 (SM)

IMG_0492.jpg

Low turn-out today. But fun all the same. :cheers:
Delorean was great fun at Red Bull Ring. Think that's the best car I've driven yet there.

The Sprinter I had tested at that track LAST YEAR (probably pre-update in the summer) and had it on a list of one-make ideas for a Cape Ring race.
It seemed different than I expected or remembered. :odd: And then someone else remarked that it felt different too. :odd: Which fueled my suspicions.

That Ferrari... I hadn't driven it before AT ALL to be honest. :lol:
I just stuck it on Nurb GP, because I've found that track to be a safe bet for any car at all. I've yet to come across a car that's unpleasant to drive there, so I tend to use that track when I've failed to find a track to put a car on. :lol:
And well.. I don't know, maybe it was the track. But I think that Ferrari is something else. :lol: :crazy:
The California is LOADS easier to drive!!
So heads up Re: Performance Coupes list... you're definitely going to want to test your brake points in that car if you have to drive it!

Today's Event:

Thursday 19 March 2015
Shuffle Parity Event
Cars Needed: Parity Car Assignments for Historic, Legends, Perf Coupes
Heavy damage, 1 mandatory pit stop

Race #1: 14 laps @ Tsukuba // Historic (POSTPONED PENDING FINAL LIST TESTING)
Race #1: 8 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D // Vintage (heavy damage)
Race #2: 8 laps @ Grand Valley Speedway Reverse // Legends (heavy damage)
Race #3: 10 laps @ Brands Hatch GP // Performance Coupes (heavy damage)
Bonus Race: 4 laps @ Grand Valley East Reverse // Historic (damage light)

Notice I revised because we are still discussing the final order for Historic List.

Bonus Races will be damage light & use PARITY assignments with the currently posted Historic List on this thread OP.
(Disregard the spreadsheet Car Info right now because I'll be updating that when the list is finalized.)

Bonus races will NOT count toward event points and will NOT count toward parity rating.

I would like a chance to "test it in action" with this bonus race, if anyone has time to stick around for at least this one bonus race. :)
I might also like to try a bonus race: Historic 2 laps @ Spa

I think we will have ample time for this and stay within 2 hours.

RESULTS
Shuffle Parity Event
Thursday 19 March 2015

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (10 pts)
  2. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (7 pts)
  3. tarnheld / tarnheld (6 pts)
  4. *tacom08 / tacom08 (6 pts)
  5. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (5 pts)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (2 pts)

Race #1: 8 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D // Vintage

IMG_0495.jpg

Race #2: 8 laps @ Grand Valley Speedway Reverse // Legends

IMG_0498.jpg

Race #3: 10 laps @ Brands Hatch GP // Performance Coupes

IMG_0501.jpg

Today's event was fun. I missed the first race, and totally botched up the third one. Then, we had another major wreck in the 4th one, and the leader called for GYF, so that was nice. At least I can say I only caused one major wreck. I knew I shoulda went with the TVR, instead of letting the awesome power of the V12 Vantage seduce me like that. So much weight at a track I hadn't driven on very much lately. If I ever remember to find a flashdrive that I don't need for other things, or make space on one, then I'll get some pics up sometime. I also gotta get better at running Grand Valley Speedway in reverse. amar totally destroyed me there, and I'm convinced that the only reason I didn't fall further behind was b/c of the Stratos. That car takes corners so well. I just gotta find where those 3 seconds were that amar trimmed off of every lap.

Oh... and results for Bonus Historic Test Races are posted here. For car list assembly discussion purposes... and anyone who's just interested. :)
I knew I shoulda went with the TVR, instead of letting the awesome power of the V12 Vantage seduce me like that.
:lol: I've been there.

Sometimes a good amount of power can be more of a hassle on a laborious tight track with hinky camber like Brands Hatch GP. :eek:
Am I the only one who finds the Brands Hatch tracks unnerving? :lol: I feel like I'm about to fall off the track at any moment all the time. And often it comes true! :scared:

I did much better than I'd anticipated there.
I had originally expected to do best at Nurb GP/D, and worst at Brands Hatch GP, and it turned out to be the opposite.
But only at BH after the sun got in tacom08's eyes at the same time I suspect his tire wear was starting to show again. I was only able to pass after he made a series of 3 mistakes in a row at turns after the dark set in. And somehow I managed to then NOT fall off the track in the last turn of the race by sheer luck really, because I full expected to fall off on the last turn and then get passed by 2-3 cars...
because that usually happens a lot at BH for me. :ouch: :dopey:
Of course it helped that @amarynceos went for some kind of 2 pit stop strategy. :odd:
I can only imagine that these cars vary widely when it comes to tire wear & fuel usage.
I only took on 10 at my halfway pit stop, and pretty sure I finished without cutting it close on the fuel.
Edit: Maybe the GT-R has that going for it. I had thought about choosing the Stingray because I found it surprisingly likeable the other day on Cape Ring.

Well, his first stop was from the massive wreck in lap 2. His second must have been from tire wear. I opted out of the second pit stop without any benefit at all. My rear tires were down to 2 and 5. I can deal with bad tire wear, but when it wears so unevenly on both the front and rear on a track with all different levels of camber, it becomes a whole different animal to deal with. In that situation, the only thing left to make things easier would be having a linear throttle response. Too bad the Vantage has a slight peak a couple hundred RPMs below the shifting point.

And I totally know what you mean about falling off of BH. I don't know how many times I was hooking my inside tires onto the rumble strip to keep my car from careening the rest of the way off the track. If the angle is off ever so slightly, you'll just run over it, instead. But, from some of the seasonal events, I've found that doing that intentionally seems to be the fastest way around that track with most cars.

Great races yesterday!
Firebird didn't fly for me, i guess i didn't manage to keep it in it's tight powerband...
Brands Hatch started off well, as i was in pole and had that nice handling Vette! But the first two laps i was in 80's mode, and cornered wrong everywhere. This lead to offroading at Sheene, but not only me missed that corner. :sly: Had broken rear suspension, pitted early and came out after @amarynceos, which was a Good Thing as he kept a good pace and pushed me to give my best. Wouldn't have catched him if he didn't pit a second time, then i found myself in the lead. The tires where gone soon and i was driving cautiously but the gap stayed until the end. :D

Brands Hatch corners are really tricky, most apexes are hidden from view. What an exciting track! 👍

Last edited:
@terrordog1490 - RE Brands Hatch

I recall now that pretty much Ascari chicanes & those brown rumble strips at Brands Hatch, are what originally brought about the EPIC "Track Boundaries Directory" (found behind the button in the OP).

Our first races on the Brands Hatch tracks (at their debut) were a bit messy. ;)
In the 2nd to last picture here, you can see my Skyline in the distance, 4 wheels off in the lawn at Coopers, and someone in a white Fairlady who'd gone off at Coopers and then went careening back across the track to the lawn on the other side, and, I believe, @Chiochan in the Miata having got caught up in it, and gone off track as well.

It was sometime after that, that people started noticing (not in our races - in other races) that people would be hooking onto the brown rumble strip at Coopers and gaining a lot of time that way having gotten through the preceding turn faster by keeping speed to go wide... and naturally, with the red & white stripes as track boundary rule, people got pretty antsy & disgruntled about people using those brown rumble strips as if they were track. They're not. They're on the other side of the curb, after all.
But there's a distinct advantage to putting a wheel on them, because they do hook the car in. They're almost necessary on a track that is so beveled off-camber with a lack of banking... because the potential is so high for just sliding into grass lawn oblivion after a minor mistake!
I tend to put a wheel on the brown rumble strips at the apexes of the elbow-turns at Brands Hatch. But of course this is with the other 2 wheels still on the tarmac or at least the red & white striped curbs (which is the cut off point of legal).

Great races yesterday!
Firebird didn't fly for me, i guess i didn't manage to keep it in it's tight powerband...
I suspected as much. That car is a bit tricky with its powerband. I'm not good with that at all.
But it's a cool car of course. ;)

On the menu today:

Friday 20 March 2015
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day
Cars Needed: To Be Decided by last week's podium
Track to be decided by racers who arrive by event start time
You can enter your Track choice in the lobby room before event start

I will be your (not so unfamiliar) host today.

See you all on track!

I also gotta get better at running Grand Valley Speedway in reverse. amar totally destroyed me there, and I'm convinced that the only reason I didn't fall further behind was b/c of the Stratos. That car takes corners so well. I just gotta find where those 3 seconds were that amar trimmed off of every lap.

Some of that gap was due to my running of ABS and CM 'training wheels' up front. Given that my last outing in the Stratos w/o ABS and CS all 'round ended badly for myself and several others, I opted for the safe approach.

That said, my laptimes with CS all round were faster, so long as disaster did not ensue. :lol:

Races were fun, apart from my blunder at Brands. You see, crossing the line at lap 6, 4 laps after my unplanned pit stop :irked:, I noticed that the gas gauge was a few ticks under half, and thought 'oh no, I've burned over half a tank since the stop, I don't think I'll make it to the finish.' What I had forgotten was that I wasn't prompted to top off at that stop -- in fact, I now recall it prompted me to put in a mere 8 litres, so I was actually good to go to the end. Something I realised when I pulled in and it didn't prompt me to put in any petrol. :ouch:

Oh well, it was still good fun reeling in the cars ahead. I think I knocked off about 20 seconds in 4 laps, not too shabby.

Up next:

Friday 20 March 2015
7:30pm US EDT / 4:30pm US PDT / 11:30pm GMT / 23:30 UTC
Shuffle Mixer - Series 18 - Event 2
Cars Needed: Low Power list, Legends list, 90s list, Lotus Europa '68
Race #1: 8 laps @ High Speed Ring Reverse // Lotus Europa S.2 '68 (Heavy Damage, 1 pit)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring Inside // Low Power
Race #3: 1 laps @ Sierra // Legends
Race #4: 4 lap @ Rome // Legends
Race #5: 4 laps @ Rome Reverse // 90s

Who's in?

Back