Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I FINALLY have some pics. Here are some from yesterday's parity event:
mllb87.jpg
18nc6f.jpg
xmv43n.jpg
mtpcw2.jpg
6zap9u.jpg
2uqgda9.jpg

Uh, I have 15 more from today's track day, and I'll have more tomorrow from this evening's shuffle mixer. If I keep going like this, it's gonna get ridiculous. How do I make these smaller?

Fantastic! :D
Ridiculous is good. :) :cheers:

If I keep going like this, it's gonna get ridiculous. How do I make these smaller?

When I upload pictures to a post now, it automatically resizes them. And you can choose to display them as thumbnails.

FYI to all:
I have instructions for putting photomodes into the forum, if anyone else is interested... in the OP (toward the bottom under "useful info" behind spoiler button).

I love this:

BTW: Is that a stock paint for the BMW?

I had mine stock green... but then I decided to change it.
I've done a bunch of Seasonal Drift Trials recently - clearly where they prize ALL THE PAINT CHIPS I LOVE :boggled: So I've been trying them out. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed this thread in the Support section of the forum:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/photos-and-images-distorted-at-gtp.325106/
About the changes to the forum regarding embedded images.

I noticed that problem a little while ago, when I went back and looked at some of the photomodes posted from last year... and some were distorted. But last time I looked they were okay again.

I don't really know anything about using Flickr or other image servers. But I think a few people here have used it.

I like that the forum now automatically resizes photomodes that are uploaded to the forum. So I don't have to!
I also like this "enter as thumbnails" so that's mainly why I use the upload option, because it makes a nice mosaic of the pictures, and then you can click on it and it displays as a nice slideshow. :)

At any rate, I want to encourage people to post their photos.
I often look at friends list "photo streams" to see the pictures, for example, and see some exciting photos there!
So I hope the instructions are useful to some people (for this club or otherwise).

Append:
If you want to see other club members photostream... You can do it this way even if they are not on your PSN Friends List in Community.
You go to the web version of Community:
https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/
(note - the "us" in that url is for U.S. - your country will be different, and will display in your language)

Then, if you're signed in, you can go to the club, click on "member list"
From there it will pop up with a profile, and if the person allows it, it will have the choice to "view page" of that person.
From there, you can view their shared photos.

Of course for people in your own friends list, you click on "Photo stream" and then view friends photostream.

Last edited:
BTW: Is that a stock paint for the BMW?
Yes, I think it's the default stock paint as well. When I bought that car, I was in a real hurry, b/c it was for that event that was all one-make races, and I assumed all of the cars were from the lists. At that time though, I was wrong.

I've done a bunch of Seasonal Drift Trials recently - clearly where they prize ALL THE PAINT CHIPS I LOVE :boggled: So I've been trying them out. :lol:
I noticed your scores on the bottom of my friends leaderboard. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but, after figuring a lot of things out, I usually manage to get double the score required for gold. The drift event at Midfield is hard. There's more than one line that you can take through section 1, but there is only one line that will give you a lot of points. What really helped me a lot was when I learned that you could use the transmission to control the drift angle. Get the car sideways, rev up to the red line, and shift up. When you shift up, the car will want to take a wider line. Then, ease off the counter steer for a bit to let the car turn in more. Also, if the car is going wide, you can downshift, and the car will turn in more. For example, in section one on Midfield, I accelerate as I would when racing. Then, at the braking point, I brake, downshift to 2nd, and turn in. As the car starts to go sideways, I let go of the steering, and wait for it to get into the angle I want. Then, I hit the gas, and countersteer as needed. Once I'm in a stable drift, I floor it and shift up fifth gear, maybe sixth. This puts me through section one at about 90 mph, so my speed actually goes up considerably after initiating the drift as well. If you keep the line very tight in that first section, you can clear 2000 points right there. In most cars, I usually won't go beyond fifth gear, b/c then the power gets bogged down, and then the rear end will start gripping again. Just know that when using this technique, it's very easy to lose control. The car might spin or go too wide. It really comes down to trial and error, as well as a very good drift tune that allows you to initiate the drift easily, but still lets you drive straight if you want. I don't have time to go into anymore details right now, but when I do, I'll be sure to provide them.

RESULTS

Track Day - Spa-Francorchamps - 20 March 2015

1.) *tacom08 / tacom08 - 24 pts (2/1)
2.) terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 - 24 pts (1/2)
3.) LongBowX / LongBowX - 23 pts (2/0)
4.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos - 23 pts (0/3)
5.) tarnheld / tarnheld - 17 pts (0/2)
6.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n - 15 pts (0/1)
7.) Goetz / johndoekillsyou - 7 pts (0/1)
8.) gkgamer / gkgamer - 6 pts (0/0)
9.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat - 4 pts (0/0)

(wins/podiums)

Race #1 Mazda RX-7 Type R '91

mstdresult.jpg

Race #2 Performance Coupés

mstdresult-2.jpg

Race #3 Low Power

mstdresult-3.jpg

Race #4 Retro

mstdresult-4.jpg

Race #5 Legends

mstdresult-5.jpg

Bonus Race Historic

mstdresult-6.jpg

Night/Dusk racing was great at Spa in the Low Power cars, enjoyed the magic hour... :drool:

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer - Series 18 - Event 2
Friday 20 March 2015

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (17 pts) (1/4)
  2. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (12 pts) (1/2)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (11 pts) (1/2)
  4. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (11 pts) (1/1)
  5. *tacom08 / tacom08 (9 pts) (1/1)
(points) (wins/podiums)

All 5 races were won by different drivers.
All 5 participants won one race each.

:cool::cheers:

Race #1: 8 laps @ High Speed Ring Reverse // Lotus Europa S.2 '68 (Heavy Damage, 1 pit)

IMG_0511.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring Inside // Low Power

IMG_0516.jpg

Race #3: 1 laps @ Sierra // Legends

IMG_0520.jpg

Race #4: 4 lap @ Rome // Legends

IMG_0522.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Rome Reverse // 90s

IMG_0528.jpg

Interesting. I've been uploading to tinypic first so far, b/c I was used to other forums having data limits, and requiring its members to link images, instead of uploading directly. Uploading directly makes it very easy for me to get the images to a size that's actually manageable.

Track Day - Spa-Francorchamps - 20 March 2015
We kicked things off in the FD.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_7.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_9.jpg
I quickly made my way into the lead, but things got intense with tarnheld breathing down my neck for the entire second lap.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_10.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_11.jpg
Then, we switched to performance coupes, and I got stuck with the Maserati Gran Turismo S. It was quite a handful.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_12.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_13.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_14.jpg
Racing in low-power cars was just plain silly, but it was fun. We had five cars squished together in the bus stop at the end of the final lap. I had red blind spot indicators on both sides at the same time. It got a little crazy. Oh, and tacom08 in that Volvo estate car. I couldn't believe how fast that thing moved, being the number 2 car. It was crap in the corners, but I couldn't stay in front of it on the straights.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_15.jpg
The retro cars felt like fighter jets compared to the low power cars. It was a good race. tacom08 spent a good portion of the race on my bumper. I was stuck too far behind melon to catch the draft. On my way into the bus stop on the final lap, I adjusted my pace a bit to give myself a bit more margin of error, since I knew there was just no way I would overtake melon at that point. Apparently, this move caught tacom08 off guard, and a bit of paint was traded. With my margin of error, and the fact that tacom08 was already just about finished braking for that corner, I barely felt anything at all, and finished the race without incident.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_16.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_17.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_18.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_19.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_20.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_21.jpg
Then, we jumped into Legends. I got the Alpine A110, and set my sights on the lead. I was so focused that I hadn't even noticed the massive pile up behind me at the turn after the longest straight. John Doe was having a bit too much fun in the Stratos, so I passed him, but then I couldn't resist joining in for a bit before taking off. Then, tacom08 came out of nowhere, and overtook me on a straight... again. The Jaguar E-Type was fast, but I noticed that I could get right back on him in the corners. After getting out of the bus stop, I noticed that tacom08 was having issues with the old Jag's open diff. Despite that, the gap he had widened in the high-speed section before the bus stop had already secured his victory yet again.

There was another race after that, but I wasn't able to be there. As for the shuffle mixer, I'll get some pics up tonight.

Saturday 21 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec - Antique & Arcane Cup
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heavy Damage, No enforced pit stops (tires in parenthesis)
Race #1: 3 laps @ Côte d'Azur // Fiat 500F '68 (CM)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow // VW Sambabus Typ2 (T1) '62 (CM)
Race #3: 4 laps @ Grand Valley East Reverse // Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09 (CM)
Race #4: 7 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 (CS)
Race #5: 10 laps @ Mid-Field Reverse // Renault R8 Gordini '66 (CS)

I feel like this line up is custom made for my enjoyment! So ready to race these slow weird cars :cheers:

TODAY:

Saturday 21 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
Heavy Damage, No enforced pit stops (tires in parenthesis)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow // VW Sambabus Typ2 (T1) '62 (CM)
Race #4: 7 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 (CS)

Note: You can buy 4 out of 5 of these cars for less than 200,000 cr. - including oil changes.
The Biposto Bertone is a little pricey at 3.5 million cr. - but if you don't have that one and don't want to, or can't, buy it, you can just skip that race, of course.

I feel like this line up is custom made for my enjoyment! So ready to race these slow weird cars :cheers:

Tree!

Great races today, especially chasing back at Deep Forest and not getting run down by @LongbowX at Mid-Field. With six laps to go and a 4 second gap, he turned a lap a full second faster than me, and I thought it was all over but the shouting.:nervous: Somehow I survived! :scared:

Good fun, that Gordini's quite the handful. Never touched it before today.

All those cars were crazy handling. :lol:

It's real easy to believe that cars with extremely low power that are very slow will somehow be "easy"... but it's totally not how it works. :lol:
You can have a wild ride at 40mph in some of these vehicles.

The Samba Bus ...
It took me awhile to find the right track for an untuned bus. :lol: Literally Streets of Willow was the only one it made sense that I tried. And even there... so clumsy. I don't know how the drivers up front managed. I was driving like I had musicians' equipment in the back of mine. :lol:
I had a neighbor who had one of those about 15 years ago... The driveway was adjacent to a sloped yard, and the guy tried to maneuver it around another car and wound up dumping it into our back yard. Came knocking at my door asking if I had a winch or some heavy rope. :eek: I had to leave at the time, so I never did see how they pulled it out.

Even the i-miev is a piece of work. :lol:
Am I the only one ... I got in the i-Miev and thought "whoo-hoo this seems fast and good handling!" And then only to realize in the practice lap that I'm there drifting & counter steering. :lol:

The Biposto Bertone on Deep Forest Reverse... gave it the illusion of being a faster car I think.
I remember that race in it at Nurburgring last year... that was fun. I think it would be fun on several faster tracks... but it's just such a shame about the gearing.

The R8 Gordini (@ Mid-Field Rev)... definitely benefited from keeping it in a too high gear around the hook turns exiting both tunnels.
Which was just as well for me because I couldn't drive that nutty car around turns & shift at the same time. So I basically all the way round the track, I would shift down after turn exit. :lol: Pretty sure that's the only reason I didn't wind up spinning like a top every lap.

BTW: I just noticed that car with the top missing. :eek: :scared:
That's really frightening!!! Did the driver survive?
I really don't think running a toll should warrant decapitation. :lol::odd::crazy::ill:

Last edited:
ALERT

The OP has been updated

I have included:

1:
A portion (behind a spoiler button) under rules about DRAFTING.
You will want to read this if you're not already familiar with the following terms:
Slipstream, Draft, Bump Drafting, Tandem Drafting, Slam Drafting

2:
Buttons under "Manual Grid Line Up", in the Event Procedures section, to include explanations of the rules governing Manual Grid Line-ups.
This is for members to understand, and hosts to refer to, so we're all on the same page.
It explains how & why the line-ups are done as they are.

3:
In the FORMATS section:

Drum roll for new shuffle event type...
Instructions for SHUFFLE SURPRISE. :) 💡

:cheers:

I finally got the pics from Friday night's shuffle mixer.

The event kicked off with a one-make race around High Speed Ring in the Lotus Europa
High Speed Ring.jpg High Speed Ring_1.jpg High Speed Ring_2.jpg High Speed Ring_3.jpg
The required pit really spaced everyone apart. I'm not used to planning a pit when it's necessary only b/c of the rules. Needless to say, my pit strategy failed miserably.

The second race was at Cape Ring Inside with low power cars.
Cape Ring - Inside.jpg Cape Ring - Inside_1.jpg Cape Ring - Inside_2.jpg
Basically, all I could do was draft and pray, but melon's style was just too much. On the final lap, I tried to take back third place with some risky late braking, and it went bad, but not bad enough for me to lose the position I had.

Then, I got into the Alpine A110 1600S with my new rims for a race of legends at Circuito de Sierra.

Circuito de la Sierra.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_1.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_2.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_3.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_4.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_5.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_6.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_7.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_8.jpg
Aceboy was quick on High Speed Ring, and tacom08 with that Volvo had destroyed us all again at Cape Ring. Now, I had aceboy in front of me again. I couldn't safely overtake in the inside of turn 2, so I dropped back, and put some pressure on him. I nearly took myself out at one point, but managed to hold it together. I got into the zone, and shot through the corners at ludicrous speed. I then noticed that aceboy and I were approaching a deceptively hard corner. It looks like you can take it flat out, but you can't. I noticed that he was trying to take it flat out, and backed off. He went into the wall, and I passed him while he was stuck in the dirt. Then, I focused only on the track. I was kinda surprised that I managed to hold a ~14 second lead. That has never happened to me before in makeshift shuffle. My biggest lead before was only 4 seconds. Anyway, while watching my replay, I noticed that my car had some serious head room issues. And finally, if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see amar approaching the final corner as I cross the finish line.

Then, we took the legends to Rome.
Circuito di Roma.jpg Circuito di Roma_1.jpg Circuito di Roma_2.jpg
The Mercedes 300 SL may be a legend, but it's still another clumsy Merc. I had my hands full, fighting for 3rd place.

The final event was at Rome reverse in 90s sports cars. I somehow managed to race in the wrong tires, and lost by 26 seconds. I felt pretty disgusted with myself, and didn't even bother to save the replay. Aside from that, the event as a whole was awesome as usual.

RESULTS
Saturday 21 March 2015
  1. LongbowX / LongbowX (36 pts) (1/4)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceus (29 pts) (1/2)
  3. tacom08* / tacom08 (28 pts) (2/1)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (26 pts) (0/2)
  5. baja_j / baja_j (21 pts) (1/0)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (14 pts) (0/1)
  7. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (14 pts)
  8. Baron Blitz Red / BaronBlitzRed (12 pts)

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Back