Photos and images distorted at GTP

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 63 comments
Sweden
Sweden
I'm not sure if something happened on GTP within the last 15-25 hours but
since then all photobucket images on the forum are distorted (only half visible, shrunk in size etc.).

Images / photos that have been uploaded to GTP as "Upload a File" or from other sources seem to be unaffected, but the photobucket ones are strange. They seem ok over at photobucket.com but not here.

I've noticed same sort of problem with pictures since the update. The bottom half of a picture doesn't load, but turns gray. Like this:
Näyttökuva 2015-3-7 kello 18.10.10.png

I think I've also seen it happen with other than Photobucket images, though.

In addition, some pictures do load at first and then disappear and turn corrupted. The last picture of this post does that for example.

Are you guys still seeing this? I just checked and all of the referenced images appear to have loaded normally.

Test:

LifeBelowtheRedSeaEgypt.jpg

Last edited:
It still happens for me, I'm afraid. Changing the browser fixed the second issue, but the distorting problem isn't gone. I also noticed that the pictures with the problem don't load at all on mobile device.

Are you guys still seeing this?
Yes, I still do unfortunately.

I noticed this error because I posted two photobucket images earlier today/yesterday and saw how they had become
distorted.

Here.

And image 3 & 4 here.

Here.

There are a number of other images too with the same problem.
Thanks for looking into it, Jordan.

EDIT;

Here.
And practically every thread where I have embedded photobucket images.

Last edited:
I'm a bit perplexed, because all these images are displaying OK to me.

Could you all share your OS and web browser information?

What an odd problem.

My theory is that GTP is re-sizing them by limiting them to a certain amount of pixels, but something is stuffing up so instead of reducing the image resolution, it is just deleting a bunch of pixels from the picture until the picture has the maximum pixels for GTP. In other words, that top half of the image that has loaded contains GTP's maximum pixel amount, and instead of lowering the resolution, it is just deleting any pixels that appear below that point.

Firefox version 36.0.1 on Windows Vista version something-or-other.

Firefox updated itself a few days ago and that's when the picture loading problems started for me.

Firefox 37.0 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

The majority of my Flickr images (uploaded here at 1024 px wide or more over the past year) have been cut off along the bottom. Taking the downsize to 800 px into account, the number of pixels are actually listed correctly. But the lower 20-30% still isn't visible.

Chrome on Windows 8.1 appears to work fine, but Firefox on both 8.1 and Mac OS X Mavericks fails to load the pictures properly, Safari on Mac and iPhone doesn't work either.

Same here.

Also (FYI): all my images are uploaded via Photobucket - always have been.

I'm also still having the same problem with only part of my images loading from Photobucket. I'm using the current version of IE.

I face the issue as well on my main browser, Firefox version 36.0.1, and in Internet Explorer version 11. However, I don't have the problem in Chrome version 40. I use Windows 7 Professional.

Last edited:
The concept of this new update is a great idea since some members post insanely large images. However, I am seeing the same problem. Most of the images I see have green at the bottom half. I am using Internet Explorer 11.

Google Chrome, Windoze 7 Home Premium and I'm getting the same kind of issue. Some photo's half load. Also, some photo's don't show up at all and I get this instead:
upload_2015-3-9_17-50-7.png

That's from my own post. I can go in and edit the post and the picture is there, no problem. Also, when I first go to that page on the thread, I can see the image, but in about 10 seconds, the image reverts to the icon for some reason.

Just wondering @Jordan if you are looking for a fix to this issue as I am still having the same problem as I posted about earlier - IE, most recent version on Windows 7.

Back