Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Spec Variety Cup
Saturday 21 March 2015

Fiat 500F '68 @ Côte d'Azur

Côte d'Azur_12.jpg Côte d'Azur_1.jpg Côte d'Azur_2.jpg Côte d'Azur_3.jpg Côte d'Azur_4.jpg Côte d'Azur_5.jpg Côte d'Azur_6.jpg Côte d'Azur_7.jpg Côte d'Azur_8.jpg
Côte d'Azur_9.jpg

Côte d'Azur_10.jpg Côte d'Azur_13.jpg Côte d'Azur_11.jpg

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 20 -- Event 1
Sunday 22 March 2015

1. tacom08* / tacom08 (44 pts) (0/5)
  2. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (40 pts) (2/1)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (37 pts) (0/3)
  4. LongbowX / LongbowX (34 pts) (2/0)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (29 pts) (1/1)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (27 pts) (0/1)
  7. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (21 pts) (0/1)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (19 pts) (1/0)
  9. baja_j / baja_j (18 pts)

Race #1: 3 laps @ Monza 80 // Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 (heavy damage 1 pit)

IMG_0551.jpg

Race #2: 5 laps @ Matterhorn Short Track // Low Power

IMG_0560.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Tokyo R246 Reverse // Hot Hatches

IMG_0562.jpg

Race #4: 4 laps @ Suzuka East Course // Retro

IMG_0571.jpg

Race #5: 3 laps @ Daytona Road Course // Performance Coupes

IMG_0578.jpg

Race #6: 3 laps @ Spa-Francorchamps // Performance Coupes

IMG_0583.jpg

Longbowx (DNF due to DC)

There is now a poll for members to choose the cars that you'd like to see on a "1 make list"
It's located at the top of the time trials thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...esting-for-club-car-lists-all-welcome.295260/

This is for cars that don't fit in shuffle lists, that we can have in a list to use in spec races (tuning prohibited) - so everyone will have them ready.

In the poll you'll see about 30 or so cars.
You can choose up to 10 cars to vote for.

TODAY

Tuesday 24 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 19 -- Event 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars Needed: Historic, Luxury, Performance Coupes, & Citroen C4
Race #1: 1 laps @ Sarthe 2009 no chicanes // Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Race #2: 3 laps @ Tokyo R246 // Historic
Race #3: 3 laps @ Laguna Seca // Historic
Race #4: 3 laps @ Fuji GT // Luxury
Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone GP // Performance Coupes
Race #6: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse // Performance Coupes

I'm sorry, I don't have a drum roll introduction, so I suggest we all go listen to this one again. :D :D :D

NOTE:
The spreadsheet ("Car Info" tab) is updated for Historic List.
And the Historic list is also ready in the OP (behind the "car lists" button).

Good races today! :D

Sorry I was grumpy in the lobby 👎 after the Sarthe race :dopey::grumpy::ouch: dare I say... what I expected to be a rather boring 1-make race in the C4. :boggled::odd:
I guess there are no boring races at Le Mans. :lol:

Looking forward to visual art in regards to the BOXES. :lol:
:cheers:

I thought for SURE someone would've guessed why I scheduled the PREMIUM Performance Coupes there. :sly::crazy:
Or did y'all think I'd just lost my mind completely by now? :lol:;)

Last edited:
The funny thing is, that from my perspective it was nothing as spectacular. It was like what happens when you normally hit a box. No lift off or anything. Same in my replay.

TODAY:

Who's in for trying the new format - shuffle surprise?

Wednesday 25 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
Shuffle Surprise
5 Race Cup tour
Race #1: Track chosen by driver present at start time with highest Parity funkiness rating, host then picks the 1-make car from one of the car lists. Grid order determined by Reverse Parity Grid Line-up
Race #2: Track chosen by winner of Race #1, Car List then chosen by last place of Race #1, RGO
Race #3: Track chosen by winner of Race #2, Car List then chosen by last place of Race #2, RGO
Race #4: Track chosen by winner of Race #3, Car List then chosen by last place of Race #3, RGO
Race #5: Track chosen by winner of Race #4, Car List then chosen by last place of Race #4, RGO
In the event that 1st place or last place from the previous race leaves the lobby after that race, the choice reverts to the next in line. Example: 1st place from previous race leaves, choice is given to 2nd place driver in previous race. Last place leaves, choice is given to next to last place.

Good times today! :cheers:

I think the Shuffle Surprise format could lead to many surprises :sly::rolleyes: ... very interesting racing with perhaps some strategic choices... but in a very limited way. Will be interesting to see how it varies with more racers than today's lowish turnout.
For example, with our usual 7-9 racers.

Having said that... The race at Streets of Willow in the Traffic cars... seemed to have VERY heavy traffic!! :lol:
It was hard to believe there were just 5 cars in that race, as it was very crowded the whole time. And also, that track seems to make slower cars seem a lot more wild. :eek::lol:

At any rate, I've updated the Shuffle Surprise instructions in the OP to reflect some details that hadn't been specifically specified. :boggled:
I guess I hadn't thought of everything, and also I suppose presumed some things to be assumed.
But now everything is noted, so we can all uniformly have expectations. 👍

Example: track should be chosen BEFORE the car list is decided/mentioned.
It benefits the person choosing the car list to hold their preference ... even if they'll choose this car list no matter what track gets chosen.
For instance... When I chose the Retro list... I probably would've chosen that car list no matter what track was chosen. However I held my response until the track was chosen. And maybe if someone chosen GT Arena A I would decide to choose Luxury list instead. ;) :lol: (Just kidding.)

If anyone's interested... I've had this shuffle surprise idea since GT5 perhaps as far back as 2012 or before. :lol:
I remember discussing it when there were "club forums" on GTPlanet. And I recall the specific conversation with @IMZIZ (who I haven't seen on track in a dog's age)... and I remembered some key points of strategies that may develop, that he mentioned to be aware of in a scheme like this. :sly::mischievous:
So that's why the rules have to be quite specific, and should be followed. To make sure things stay interesting. :sly:👍

For example, in GT5 shuffle rooms... hosts would often try to come up with a scheme to pick PP-base & track or 1-make car, etc... And too often I would see a winner pick a PP-base first... then they'd put up the track vote... and :scared::ill: the combination would be something strange :odd: And the winner from the previous race and 3 other people would rage quit. :lol::ill: So you have to be real careful with any scheme where multiple people are scheming to choose the combinations. :nervous: So that's why the very specific rules. ;)
Example: 15 variable drivers in a Mini Cooper 1-make at Fuji, or 15 lambos & aston martins on Cote D'Azur never turned out so hot. :lol::crazy:

I think we need to test both on track at the same time.:)
That's an interesting idea.

I am now more than ever convinced that this "glitch" is not an error at all, but an "easter egg" ... either sanctioned, or sneaked in, I don't know. But I think it must be deliberate! :boggled:
Seems almost unimaginable that this could be a simple error. :odd:

Of course I have been arguing about this with my spouse, who thinks I'm being awfully silly to think there is some pattern or puzzle to figure out. :rolleyes:

But I just start wondering if there is some link between the 2 cars we've found that cause this:
BMW 507 '57
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

The one thing they definitely have in common is that they are both PREMIUM cars.
I had wondered if other premium cars would be potential candidates... Because the 507 was the ONLY premium car in the old (pre-revamp) vintage list.
That's why I scheduled to race the Performance Coupes list at Eiger Reverse -- because all the Perf Coupes are premium... thereby I thought increasing our chances of finding another box-triggering car.
And I was right! 💡

We found one.
Of course it was just that one. So NOT all premiums.

So... Is there anything else these cars have in common?
Think about it and humour me! ;)

You should have someone go into the game data and find out what bits of code those two cars have in common and then find a car that only has ONE of those bits in common. Then you could proceed to eliminate the incorrect bits until you are left with that one piece of code that triggers the boxes allowing you could find every car with that piece of code and, in theory, find all of the box-trigger cars.

That would be The Killjoy Method.

Much more interesting if one could find out if there is actually some pattern.

(And I don't page to the back of the magazine & turn it upside down either. :lol:;))

It's easy as ABC: Aston Martin, BMW, C... so i guess the next box-throwing car will be ... the Chaparral 2X! :D

And here is exclusive footage of the Caterpillar glitch with the Miura at the upcoming Eiger Nordwand Extended track! :eek: ;)
:( :scared: :scared: :scared: :(

:lol:

Spoiler alert...
I test drove the Miura Bertone (and several other cars) at Eiger Reverse club time trial - as part of testing the upcoming Classics ... no boxes :(

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 19 -- Event 2
Tuesday 24 March 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (32 pts) (2/3)
  2. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28 pts) (0/5)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (25 pts) (2/1)
  4. tarnheld / tarnheld (22 pts) (1/2)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (17 pts) (0/1)
  6. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (17 pts)
  7. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (13 pts) (1/0)

Race #1: 1 laps @ Sarthe 2009 no chicanes // Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05

IMG_0588.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Tokyo R246 // Historic

IMG_0591.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Laguna Seca // Historic

IMG_0597.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Fuji GT // Luxury

IMG_0602.jpg

Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone GP // Performance Coupes

IMG_0607.jpg

Race #6: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse // Performance Coupes

IMG_0609.jpg

RESULTS
Shuffle Surprise
Wednesday 25 March 2015

1. tarnheld / tarnheld (21 pts)
  2. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (20 pts)
  3. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (15 pts)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (12 pts)
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 (7 pts)

Race #1: Monza

IMG_0610.jpg

Race #2: Willow Springs Streets of Willow

IMG_0615.jpg

Race #3: Brands Hatch GP

IMG_0618.jpg

Race #4: Deep Forest

IMG_0622.jpg

Race #5: Mid-field

IMG_0625.jpg

Latest Posts