Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I would like to join the fun! I have never experienced shuffle before, as i started with GT6.

Well welcome!
Watermelon avatar. :lol: :odd:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Read post #1 in this thread, and it gives you all you need to know, plus the cars that you should start purchasing if you haven't already. (I suggest starting at the top.)

:embarrassed:
I just noticed the remiss issue in the cars list in post #1...

Question... is this the proper order for the Hot Hatches?

1. Abarth 500 '09
2. Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
3. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
4. Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
5. BMW 120d '04
6. Ford Focus ST170 '03
7. Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
8. Volvo C30 R-Design '09
9. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
10. Peugeot 207 GTi '07
11. Mini Cooper S '11
12. Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
13. Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
14. Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
15. Mazda Kusabi Concept '03

This is the order from the time trials thread, as posted.

And was the pig kept or not?

There was no link to any new time trials thread, so I assume it ended there. (The testing I mean.)

Also... where can I find a master track list?
I used to use the one linked from the Drivetrain Challenge club thread... but it's a new thread, and no link to a data file.

@watermelon punch

This was last I have seen posted by @amarynceos HERE

Actually I did put them in order, it's in the Time Trial Testing thread.

1. Abarth 500 '09
2. Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
3. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
4. Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
5. BMW 120d '04
6. Ford Focus ST170 '03
7. Volvo C30 R-Design '09
8. Mini Cooper S '11
9. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
10. Peugeot 207 GTi '07
11. Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
12. Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
13. Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
14. Mazda Kusabi Concept '03

@watermelon punch Welcome baaaaaaaack! So good to see you again.

And that is the final order for the Hot Hatch list. We never did decide about the Pig Brera, but I would say we should not include it. I think it's excessive top speed would cause a mis-match on some of the faster tracks.

We're only one time trial set away from my 90s list too. Must...test...!

As for a full track list...I can't find one either. :lol:

:cheers:
Good to see everyone again.

Okay so let's get this straight, we're using that Hot Hatch list... and we're removing the pig window and the marcos from the lists?

Anything else I should know about?

And for pixel watermelons...
My avatar... that's a watermelon image I made on a 486 PC in the 1990s. :D I still use it. :)
I've been using the handle watermelonpunch for about 16 years now.

Race format plan...
(for the formal sessions, as it were)

Scheduled races will be members only.
Impromptu racing may be members-only or public, depending on the person starting it & what they want to do.

Series would be run on the same day/time week to week.
Races would be for points.
Anything called a "Bonus Race" would NOT be for points.
(After bonus racing, people who want to continue may, of course.)

Example format:
I will post the tracks line-up in advance, as usual, but this is just an outline...

Series A

Event 1

Race #1 1-make race on an oval, HSR, or Monza (5-10 min)
Race #2 shuffling sprint race (5-10 min)
Race #3 shuffling sprint race (5-10 min)
Race #4 shuffling sprint race (5-10 min)
Race #5 shuffling sprint race (5-10 min)
Bonus Race #1 shuffling on Nurb Nord or 24hrs or Sarthe (10-20 min)
Bonus Race #2 shuffling on a shorter track, with heavy damage & pit stop (15-20 min)

Event 2

Same as Event 1

Event 3

Race #1 2-3 lap race at Nurb Nord (or 24hrs for faster cars) or Sarthe (20-40 min)
Race #2 Mini endurance w/ heavy damage & pit stop (30-50 min)

* Car # for these races will be assigned by a calculation based on prior race results (I'll explain below)
* must have participated in at least 3 races of any series (any day)
(Of course for series points you'd want to participate in all 3 events of the same series, but that doesn't matter as far as car assignment. It's just that in order to get a car assignment you would need to have raced 3 races before, in order to do an event 3.)

About the car assignment based on prior race results.
Your position would be averaged based on the amount of races you did, what position of how many positions (drivers in each race), and you will get assigned the car w/ the corresponding number...
OR you can take the next up car - or use one or the other in either race.

Example:

I participate in 5 (of 10) races.
My results are thus:
E1 R1 5 of 10 drivers = 0.500
E1 R2 4 of 8 = 0.500
E1 R3 2 of 10 = 0.200
E2 R3 8 of 9 = 0.889
E2 R4 10 of 11 = 0.909
Total = 2.998
Average = 0.5996 (Rounded = 0.6)
Car assignment = #6 car
If I don't like #6, I can use #5.

I would post this tally of course, so you'd know what your options were in advance.
You could also figure it out yourself (or check my math).
And of course you'd know what track, and you can go try out your 2 options before hand in which case and choose the best option for yourself.
You would also be allowed to mix & match for the 2 races - you won't need to use the same choice for both races.

So if your car assignment was something you hated, you would at least have an alternative. Or if the car assignment seemed a bummer for the track somehow.
BUT, with only being able to choose between those 2 cars, and it would be based on your results up to that point... It would make for a rather matched grid.
The racing should be closer in longer races that way, since the slower drivers would be made more competitive, and the faster drivers would be given an appropriate challenge relatively.

This system would also work for making an impromptu shoot-out sort of scenario possible.
In that I'll try to make a google docs sort of thing, to keep the current standing (car assignment) posted... and then if people want to meet in the lobby for some racing, and there's only say 2 or 3 people available, you could use your car assignments to have parity racing, using the lists.

For the league series points... All races would be worth the same. So winning for points would still be based on participation, performance & luck.
And if someone wanted to avoid the heavy damage races (as I know some don't like heavy damage races), they wouldn't be giving up anymore than someone who missed one of the other races anyhow.
But for the most of us who like a variety of racing, this should make for "a little something for everyone".

Thoughts?

SCHEDULE PLANNING

Proposed days/times:

INPUT of when people would be interested.
These are possibilities for me. And I don't necessarily know what might or might not conflict with other series I'm not involved in, but some of the same people involved in this might be involved in... so maybe people should let me know about that as well.

Tuesday -- 2:00pm US EST / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 11:00am US PST / 19:00 UTC
or
Tuesday -- 2:30pm US EST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 11:30am US PST / 19:30 UTC

(I can race other days at this general time too, except for Mondays. But this is the day it would seem to work for a series I think.)

≈(I could probably do one or 2 other time slots depending on interest.)

Other possible times for me... (Since there are peeps in the US who might be down for an evening or weekend)

Thursday -- 8:30pm US EST / 5:30pm US PST / (Friday 01:30 UTC / 1:30am GMT)

Thursday -- 9:00pm US EST / 6:00pm US PST / (Friday 02:00 UTC / 2:00am GMT)

Friday -- 9:30pm US EST / 6:30pm US PST / (Saturday 02:30 UTC / 2:30am GMT)

Saturday -- 10:00am US EST / 7:00am US PST / 3:00pm GMT / 4:00pm CET / 15:00 UTC

Sunday -- 11:00am US EST / 8:00am US PST / 4:00pm GMT / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 UTC

Sunday -- 1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC

Thanks for the invite. I look forward to racing online again. I just blew my wad on a vintage Ferrari so don't have the scratch to purchase the full list of required cars at the moment. I'll do some grindin' and report for duty when I have a full rotation in my garage.

haha... I finally got the Muira Bertone.
I was doing that Quick Match because it seemed to be a decent payout for the time investment. Though you have to have patience for the down times and the turkeys... Wasn't a problem for me because I put the sound down low & was listening to podcasts. :lol:
(Now when you go in Quick Match, you can all imagine that all the people you're competing with are acting oblivious & bloody minded because they're racing absentmindedly while listening to Star Talk Radio and Welcome to Night Vale. :lol: :odd: ;) :sly:)

Anyhow, you can get the Low Power, Vintage, and Traffic lists, all for under 2 million cr.
The Hot Hatch list is probably not that expensive either.
It's just the Luxury & Legends that are pretty pricey.

Weekends work best for me. 2pm time slots on weekdays could conflict as I'm still in school at that time although I could probably arrive late to those. Currently I have a lot of things going on in life so I doubt I will be able to race at all for the time being.

The GMT late afternoon-evening hours works fine with me. The race format plan sounds great...:D

(Now when you go in Quick Match, you can all imagine that all the people you're competing with are acting oblivious & bloody minded because they're racing absentmindedly while listening to Star Talk Radio and Welcome to Night Vale. :lol: :odd: ;) :sly:)

Suddenly it all makes sense! ;)

Got the vintage and low power cars now, after all the oil changes my hands are really greasy. Maybe PD should add a club mechanic. :mischievous: On a second thought, a club car dealer would make sense too, where the club owner could select cars and the members could buy them quickly.💡

Hopefully you can share with me what you learned about how it works. :D

Pretty straightforward to set up a room. There is an option to save settings but I didn't try that but should be useful.

Only problem I had was it wouldn't allow about two thirds of my cars on track because "tuning prohibited" even though they weren't tuned in any way. I had to reset suspension to default even though there was nothing to adjust on suspension!

I thought this might be something to do with there having been a few updates since I last raced online.

Looking forwards to tomorrow.

Only problem I had was it wouldn't allow about two thirds of my cars on track because "tuning prohibited" even though they weren't tuned in any way. I had to reset suspension to default even though there was nothing to adjust on suspension!

Sometimes I have had to go to a new settings tab and reset transmission, suspension, pretty much anything I can reset, and that works most of the time.

The 8:30 EST is great for me, and weekends when I do not have "Honey-Do's":sly: or the Dad-Shuffle :dopey:, or a Track Day. 👍

Pretty straightforward to set up a room. There is an option to save settings but I didn't try that but should be useful.

I thought this might be something to do with there having been a few updates since I last raced online.

Looking forwards to tomorrow.

Check your wheels - I've you've stepped up (+1 or +2) then they count as 'tuned' so you need to revert to stock sized rims (though you can still use custom ones in that size).

The only things you can change are painting (body/wheels), brake balance on stock brakes, oil change. Everything else is considered tuning unfortunately.

RE: Schedules
Noted.
I now remember we went w/ 2:30pm US EST / 7:30pm GMT because it worked better to have it pushed back a half hour for several people. So We'll go w/ that for Tuesdays.
I'm waiting to hear from other interested parties about the weekend & nighttime ones.

RE: Race format
Since we're settled on the Tuesday it seems, I've posted (in post #2) the line-up for Tuesdays, with the tracks, etc. So you can get a peek at where we'll be racing for the more "formal" points events.
Notice how only the first 5 are for points. This means that people who don't have a lot of time can skip out on the bonus races. Or, if you really hate damage heavy racing, I put those at the end, so you always have the option not to participate if that's not your bag.

RE: Car tuning prohibited issues
I have updated (with the part in italics) the "Car Regulations" section of the OP, to note this potential issue.

RE: Complicated system.
I probably make it sound more complicated than it is. haha. Because that's just how I (poorly) communicate. hahaha. ;)
But yeah, I was hoping to set up a google docs to somehow manage the system.
Also, the above example was just an example, that's not my final formula. I was going to wait & see how the results turn out to tweak a system to make car assignments that make sense. But basically, it will make for a system where better placing drivers will be assigned "parity car assignments" that are more challenging.

So that's what I'm going to call that system.
The Parity Car Assignment System.

Edited: spelling error

Last edited:
Tuesdays are too early for me, lest I find an attaché case full of unmarked cash. I'll begin earning credits for the cars I'm currently without. By the way your plan looks good; and it's great to have you back.

Tuesdays are too early for me, lest I find an attaché case full of unmarked cash. I'll begin earning credits for the cars I'm currently without. By the way your plan looks good; and it's great to have you back.

Have you run the Seasonals? Some big credit stacks there.

Most of the "Championships" in the last sections - the 720/750 PP range - can be destroyed using the new Chaparral. I don't even have to run the last race. One of those (30-40 minutes?) nets out a million plus with completion bonus.

WM!! Good to see ya back! I'm gonna repurchase the lists. I had tuned all the cars for Drag Racing:dopey:

As far as the Race times, I'm still doing contractor work so, I still have no set schedule, regardless hope to see y'all soon.

Also I will be using my troll account soon. Just for money and to keep my car list on my Drag Racing account simple. I'll PM you my account name when I'm gonna use it. If this is not allowed let me know.

Back