Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

The good news...!

The 90s list is just about to be rolled out for use! :D Whoo-hoo!
(The list is in post #1 - not ordered yet, but you can start buying those cars too if you haven't already.)

@tarnheld AH, I forgot about the ical thing. Groovy. Thanks. You're the best. 👍
I don't see how to change the time zone... but then I don't have to. If anyone else has any questions, speak!

So this is great.
We've got the parity sheet available.
And I hope to make a sheet of car-list/track combos we've used, available for people to look at. (I use this as a reference, and others may find it interesting or useful.)

edit: I don't know what happened, I came in 2nd. Im sure I was in the right car...

Only reason I say this is cause the racen stopped, I assume cause of me, then next thing I know the race starts.... Anyways good night y'all.

Last edited:
Well from now on I think we should all enter the track, then cancel entry, then re-enter the track... twice. Just to be sure.
And everyone needs to A) check the person who finished before you, and B) check to see if anyone seems to be in the wrong list. It's the only way.
This bug is more annoying in this format especially.

But @ryzno that wasn't your fault, it's the bug thing, we all knew that.
I totally remember checking all the cars, and it looked like you were in the right car before I started the race.
I check every car every time... or at least I try to.

But in the race (the race we stopped), it looked like you were in the Skyline, even so. Of course we all know you were not in the Skyline.. but it still looked like it.
I was distracted by it and a bunch of us wrecked at T1 (definitely partly my fault - I always mess up when I notice something like that & get distracted on the start :ouch:).
And then I realized after @daddyo845 stopped to mention it ... it was the glitch, and it probably distracted others & may have led to the pile up after the start.
That's why I suggested restarting the race.

The same thing happened the other day. We noticed someone in the Legends Skyline on SSR5 when we were in the Hot Hatches. That was weird too. The person wasn't really in the Legends Skyline - they were in the proper Hot Hatch. And I really remember checking before that race too.

The only explanation I can think of is this: That if you still look like you're in the previous car to ANYONE in the room, you will show up in the race in that car. In other words, even if you look like you're in the right car to me... if you don't to someone else, you'll wind up looking like you're in the wrong car inside the track. At least that's my theory.

Great racing to be had by all tonight. It was definitely a lot of fun. Still can't believe I won at Madrid in the SSR.

Great racing to be had by all tonight. It was definitely a lot of fun. Still can't believe I won at Madrid in the SSR.

Yes good to see you on track again! 👍

Lots of laughs for sure.
Particularly at London in the low power cars, when my in-house spectator here said the race in front of me (the boxy kei cars) looked like "a bunch of crazy delivery drivers trying to deliver some packages". :lol: And I couldn't help but agree. :lol:

I'm sorry guys. :nervous: I'm unaware of these bugs and glitches. I haven't been on the game in weeks. Why do we have to reenter the track exactly?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun last night! Great races everyone! It really feels good to be shuffling again. :D

It's a strange bug, sometimes you appear to others to be in a different car, so you have to cancel the race in the room lobby and enter again.

Then there's the bug when somebody does not see all other racers, sometimes it helps when this person leaves the room completely and joins again, but recently this doesn't seem to help anymore. Then the last resort is to abandon the room completely and open another one. Even this helps not all the time. :rolleyes:

RESULTS
Thursday 22 January 2015
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 13 -- Event 1

1. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts)
  2. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (24 pts)
  3. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (23 pts)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (21 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (19 pts)
  6. ryzno / ryzno (16 pts)
  7. AngryEater / AngryEater (9 pts)

Race #1: 3 laps @ High Speed Ring // Mini Cooper 1.3i '98

IMG_9638.jpg

Race #2: 4 laps @ London // Low Power
IMG_9642.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Brands Hatch Indy // Low Power

IMG_9647.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Tokyo R246 // Traffic

IMG_9653.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track // Traffic

IMG_9660.jpg

Race #5 was a tad messy. (Think "Airplane". :lol:)
Caution to @AngryEater : TIP - You might want to ask @Chiochan for some pointers on those types of... vehicles. :sly: Since I remember he once CHOSE to drive an untuned pickup truck in a race at Monte Carlo. :eek: :odd:

TODAY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 23 January 2015
2:00pm US EST / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 11:00am US PST / 19:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - Rome Reverse
Cars Lists Needed: Low Power, Vintage, Traffic, Hot Hatches (& 90s List, if you have them)
4 laps each @ Rome Reverse
Race #1: Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Race #2: Low Power
Race #3: Vintage
Race #4: Traffic
Race #5: Hot Hatches
Bonus Races: 90s (not for points, bring 90s cars if you have acquired them)

Sorry you can't make it @tarnheld

Hope to see others today at Rome Reverse. 👍
It's fine, as always, if someone wants to come late or leave early. I have allotted about 2 hours to race. (But the cup points races will likely only be about an hour to 90 minutes.)

Well from now on I think we should all enter the track, then cancel entry, then re-enter the track... twice. Just to be sure.
And everyone needs to A) check the person who finished before you, and B) check to see if anyone seems to be in the wrong list. It's the only way.
This bug is more annoying in this format especially.

But @ryzno that wasn't your fault, it's the bug thing, we all knew that.
I totally remember checking all the cars, and it looked like you were in the right car before I started the race.
I check every car every time... or at least I try to.

But in the race (the race we stopped), it looked like you were in the Skyline, even so. Of course we all know you were not in the Skyline.. but it still looked like it.
I was distracted by it and a bunch of us wrecked at T1 (definitely partly my fault - I always mess up when I notice something like that & get distracted on the start :ouch:).
And then I realized after @daddyo845 stopped to mention it ... it was the glitch, and it probably distracted others & may have led to the pile up after the start.
That's why I suggested restarting the race.

The same thing happened the other day. We noticed someone in the Legends Skyline on SSR5 when we were in the Hot Hatches. That was weird too. The person wasn't really in the Legends Skyline - they were in the proper Hot Hatch. And I really remember checking before that race too.

The only explanation I can think of is this: That if you still look like you're in the previous car to ANYONE in the room, you will show up in the race in that car. In other words, even if you look like you're in the right car to me... if you don't to someone else, you'll wind up looking like you're in the wrong car inside the track. At least that's my theory.
All good, its something us drag racers are use to. I misunderstood what happened and thought I was still being seen in the wrong car, so when you restarted the race I just left to avoid confusion. Anyways its all good, good runs last night y'all, looking forward to the next time.:cheers:

Today was the first race of the Continental Tyre Sports Car Challenge, at Daytona -- I prioritised watching it over club racing today. For those who like CTSCC action, IMSA will be streaming every race live this year, with John and Jeremy of Radio Le Mans calling the races. 👍

As for tomorrow's race with the BMW, it starts at the same time as the 24H of Daytona. I'm really torn on this one, it's too bad we're not starting an hour earlier. :indiff: Oh well. Might just miss the first hour of Daytona, haven't decided yet.

Good racing today everybody. 👍
I must say that Clio I drove was so wonderful there at Rome Reverse. Now I want to go try it on other tracks. It's not bad, not bad at all.

Also: 90s cars will be fun.

RE: FINDING THE LOBBY in Community Clubs...
The best thing to do when looking for a lobby room, is to click on the club, and then you can see where everybody is at left there's numbers. If the numbers are at the lobby icon, then go to the lobby & look for the room, if the numbers are at the events icon, then click on the events, and you can see the open events and it tells you which have people currently in them, and when you click on the event you want you sign up and then go to Rooms.
It's a bit confusing here because we do both... events in the lobby & events in events.

That's one of my beefs with the club set-up...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/upgrades-for-clubs-feature.322220/

@amarynceos Nobody mentioned before planning to watch the start of 24 hours Daytona! :lol:
It's the start... and there's 24 hours of it... :lol: :lol:
But I wasn't planning on watching myself (just maybe highlights if I see any), so hard for me to say.

RESULTS
Friday 23 January 2015

Track Day Rome Reverse

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (25 pts)
  2. *.* / tacom08 (22 pts)
  3. temuster / temuster (19 pts)
  4. nickg07 / Ballist1x (15 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15 pts)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (14 pts)
  7. Cu3e / bergele (10 pts)

Race #1
IMG_9669.jpg

#2 Low Power
IMG_9673.jpg

#3 vintage
IMG_9681.jpg

#4 Traffic
IMG_9690.jpg

#5 Hot Hatches
IMG_9695.jpg

👍👍

Going to push the start time back for next week to 1/2 hour later, unless anybody cares, let me know.

Today was the first race of the Continental Tyre Sports Car Challenge, at Daytona -- I prioritised watching it over club racing today. For those who like CTSCC action, IMSA will be streaming every race live this year, with John and Jeremy of Radio Le Mans calling the races. 👍

As for tomorrow's race with the BMW, it starts at the same time as the 24H of Daytona. I'm really torn on this one, it's too bad we're not starting an hour earlier. :indiff: Oh well. Might just miss the first hour of Daytona, haven't decided yet.
My brother has tickets for when they come up to Watkins Glen! I would say you need to buy another TV also, then you can watch the race and race.

:D If they were live streaming during the tv broadcast, I would probably run that on my tablet while I raced. :dopey:

@watermelon punch , last week I had forgotten to check exactly when Daytona started. Derp! But indeed, there is 24 hours of it -- though as I ditched cable some time ago, I can only watch it when it's on air or streaming (which is only when it's not on any tv channel :grumpy: ). I'm a bit crazy and watch as much of the long races as I can; last year I only missed about 6 hours of Le Mans, for instance. Darn sleep!

I'll be at the Apricot race, I'll just watch the start later (they'll put the whole 24H up on Youtube within a day or so of the race finish).

Great racing!

Sorry for being late but did not expect there to be races on Friday. Was buying the 90's list and about to do few Time Trials when I notived something was up in the Club Events. Happy surprise!

Never liked Rome Reverse much but started to get the hang of it.

The 90's cars are fun too! Happy I bought them :)

Not to derail the conversation but I've been missing the track time of the last week or so. Just as I was beginning to get into the groove of daily driving I have to put it aside for a bit.

I was chosen as one of the jurors yesterday and will be serving through the next week, and perhaps the following week. This is my first time on a jury and I can tell you without touching on any specifics that it deals with a violent crime. It has me in a bit of a weird frame of mind. None of you know anything about me, but I'm a bit of an introverted and shy person so this is a tough thing for me to bring home and chew on at night, so to speak.

I have this weekend free so will try to get some driving time in. I'm self-employed though so have work responsibilities that need to be dealt with. A lot of other personal stuff going on right now too. When it rains, it pours?

Hope to see some of you on track again soon and hopefully get my mind off of these things.

@culturalsnow No problem at all. We're always derailed here anyway. ;)

When I saw you weren't on, I sort of figured you must be tied up in jury duty. :(
So good luck! And be sure to relax when you can! And we'll look forward to seeing you on track when you have time. 👍

Back