Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

RE event Signups
I would like it if we could all get into the habit of signing up in the Club events if you're hoping to race in that event.
Let's say if you're about 50% or more sure that you're going to be there.
You can always withdraw if things change, there's no penalty to that. And if you're signed up and don't show up because something came up, nobody's going to hold that against you around here. Life happens, we're not sticklers.
Just hoping to have an easier way for us to keep a head count without my personally having to manage a list.
sigh.gif

Thanks.

Via the web
I don't know if everyone knows this, but you can sign up (and withdraw) for events in Community via the web, in addition to doing it when you have the game open on the PS3.
I've been able to do it that on my mac, and my tablet. I imagine it's possible on a phone as well.
So I thought it shouldn't be too much of a hurdle to get signed up there.
The url I use is this: https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/
(you'd find the url for your country)

Time Trial
The time trial feature in the club actually makes test driving cars more fun for me.
Especially since I know now that if more than one person does it at a time, there's credits$ involved. ;) haha
I've put the 90s time trial to 7 minutes. It's enough to get in 3 laps.

Today before spec race
Today I will be making a series of club lounges for running the 90s car list time trials (a little later, but before the Cooper race).
The time trials are set to "race alone" so anyone's free to join in if you see a Time Trial room open.
Bring whatever 90s cars from the list to run.

Time Trial Instructions
For anyone who isn't familiar with this:
You go to Community/Clubs/Events... and then choose the event. Sign up for it. Then go to "rooms". And if there's a room there you can join it, or make your own if there's not.
The settings are all pre-set, including tire restriction. You just have to pick your car.
The time trial is started (as you would a race), and then you drive doing laps until the time runs out.
Your time will get recorded automatically in the Community/Club under the event, as a "comment".
You can see these results there now from the ones we did last night.

Honda Beat @ Daytona Time Trial
I've added this 5 minute time trial to test & see if there's any difference between the 3 Honda Beats.
Feel free to enter this time trial with any Honda Beat.

Evening US Series
As for Thursdays US evening, I shifted it down a week in the schedule, and we'll see if more drivers are still interested next week. If it's a matter of which night of the week, feel free to let me know. I'm pretty flexible between Mon, Wed, or Thurs as possibilities.

Spec Race on Wednesday 3pm US EST / 8pm GMT / 20:00 UTC
It's scheduled in the Events. But the combo is To Be Announced, depending on the results of the poll... taking into account poll participants who participated in the last Wed race who are likely to be available next Wed.

Spec Race on some Saturday...
Would anybody be interested in running a spec on next Saturday (not tomorrow the next one)? And if so, let me know what time is good for you to start sometime between 11am US EST (4pm GMT) & 2pm US EST (7pm GMT). You may let me know in this thread, via Private Message, or post on my profile page.
Whoever is available, I'll use the combo those people voted most for in the poll.

And...
BIG THANK YOU TO @tarnheld :bowdown: for making the spreadsheet & car assignment chart!
These are in post #2 of this thread.

Oops i guess i had the wrong time. :P could have made it then.. oh well, I'll check the time twice next time.
If you sign up in the events, it shows it to you in your time. :D ^^ ;)
Great racing today, hope I didn't bump anyone too much:)
Zero damage for me in this race!
Did anyone else sustain any damage?
'Course it helped that there wasn't much in the way of guardrails & walls on that track. :sly:
However, I did improperly re-enter the track in front of someone (think it was @Cu3e). Sorry about that, I backed back off the track when I saw you there. I had no idea you guys were right there, so when I looked, there was nobody, then I pulled out and there was peoples! :scared:
Fun race again Mini@RedBullRing. I'll keep eye on this thread if there's again races that fit my schedule.
Good to see you, as always! Be sure to vote in the poll at the top of this thread. 👍
Argh, missed the race, and Lovejoy too! Looked promising two hours ago, skies about to clear up. At least i visited the local observatory, cool stuff. This comet comes back only after 8000 years.
Well that's very interesting! Too bad about the lack of visibility!!

I don't think I had any contact other than the nudge I gave to @John Wells on last lap, last turn. I was slightly over aggressive trying to get a pass but yielded after the contact.

I need to practice starting and everything related to pitting. Did all the mistakes :D

Still or maybe because of it, it was day full of action. Chasing someone 100% of time :)

Mini Cooper @ Red Bull Ring

010.jpg

Nice & neat on the starting grid.

020.jpg
And then it got a bit smoky at the back of the grid. :lol:

030.jpg

Nice smooth wide track. :)

040.jpg
@watermelon punch & @John Wells ... neck & neck much of the race

050.jpg
And then @Cu3e joined us for awhile

060.jpg
@jammy21 really jammin' in the Mini Cooper @ Red Bull Ring

070.jpg

@watermelon punch : "Wait for me!"

080.jpg

@John Wells : "I've passed you before, I'll pass you again!"

090.jpg
@Cu3e : "You can't catch me now!"

100.jpg

@Chiochan : "This is my Sunday drive on Friday. I'm not sweatin' it."
110.jpg

@watermelon punch : "Uh oh, I really have to pit a lap early because these tires are shot to all heck!"
120.jpg

Easy into the pit, and the pit crew takes care of you! :sly:
130.jpg

@amarynceos , on the other hand, went squealing into the pit practically up on 2 wheels. :lol:
(This is moments before the pit lane.)

140.jpg

150.jpg

160.jpg

@Cu3e : "Oops."

IMG_9572.jpg

:sly: :scared: :nervous: :sly:

There was never a dull moment any time in this race for me.
(There was always something happening... someone right ahead of me or right behind, someone to catch, someone gaining on me, tires that were worn, fuel running down... always something.)

Last edited:
That race was great, the track was nice for the car, and Johnwells and I looked good in Metallic hot chocolate, and no we didn't call each other to co-ordinate! Halfway during the race I noticed that my front tires we wearing way more that the back, I wonder what some BB adjustment could have done?
Are we allowed to adjust BB in this group?

Mini Cooper @ Red Bull Ring

View attachment 292218
Nice & neat on the starting grid.

View attachment 292219 And then it got a bit smoky at the back of the grid. :lol:

View attachment 292220
Nice smooth wide track. :)

View attachment 292221 @watermelon punch & @John Wells ... neck & neck much of the race

View attachment 292222 And then @Cu3e joined us for awhile

View attachment 292223 @jammy21 really jammin' in the Mini Cooper @ Red Bull Ring

View attachment 292224
@watermelon punch : "Wait for me!"

View attachment 292225
@John Wells : "I've passed you before, I'll pass you again!"

View attachment 292226 @Cu3e : "You can't catch me now!"

View attachment 292227
@Chiochan : "This is my Sunday drive on Friday. I'm not sweatin' it."
View attachment 292228
@watermelon punch : "Uh oh, I really have to pit a lap early because these tires are shot to all heck!"
View attachment 292229
Easy into the pit, and the pit crew takes care of you! :sly:
View attachment 292230

@amarynceos , on the other hand, went squealing into the pit practically up on 2 wheels. :lol:
(This is moments before the pit lane.)

View attachment 292231

View attachment 292232

View attachment 292233

@Cu3e : "Oops."

View attachment 292237

:sly: :scared: :nervous: :sly:

There was never a dull moment any time in this race for me.
(There was always something happening... someone right ahead of me or right behind, someone to catch, someone gaining on me, tires that were worn, fuel running down... always something.)

Really sorry cant make it now:/

Coming up today!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 18 January 2015
1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
Shuffle Mixer - Series C -- Event 1

Cars Needed: Hot Hatches & Vintage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race #1: 3 laps @ High Speed Ring Reverse // Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Race #2: 3 laps @ Madrid // Hot Hatches
Race #3: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Hot Hatches
Race #4: 4 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Vintage
Race #5: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse // Vintage
Bonus Race #1: 1 laps @ Circuito de la Sierra // Hot Hatches
Bonus Race #2: 10 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D // Vintage (heavy damage)

Welcome back @nickg07.
Look forward to seeing you on track when you can make it.

@Chiochan Brake Balance adjustment is allowed.
@amarynceos is the one to ask about that, as he uses that quite a bit because he races with ABS @ zero.
I tend to not to mess w/ that unless there's a big issue.

I'm also finalizing the prize combo-pick system. Will post shortly. :)

Last edited:
Prizes for Points

1st Place Gold in multi-event Series
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.
2nd Place Silver in multi-event Series
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.
3rd Place Bronze in multi-event Series
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.
Sportsmanship Award in multi-event Series
One (1) car/car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race or 1-make session starter race or heavy damage race.

Sportsmanship Award in Track Day Event Cup
Track choice for next Track Day Event Cup
Host of the Track Day Event Cup
Car List car for the 1st 1-make race, and one (1) set of cars to be used.

1st Place Gold in Track Day Event Cup
One (1) set of cars to be used in the next Track Day Event Cup
2nd Place Silver in Track Day Event Cup
3rd Place Bronze in Track Day Event Cup
(If more than 1 person picks a car list, it will be used for more than one race.)

Series points leaders will have the following "prizes" of choosing car-list/track combos for different types of races in future series.
There will also be a prize each series for the "Sportsmanship Award" - participants will nominate a fellow driver for particularly showing good sportsmanship & clean racing on track.

(To nominate someone for sportsmanship, they must not be a podium winner, must not have received any post-race penalties or warnings in that series, must not be yourself or the race director.)

(Winners choose which series they want their choices applied to, depending on when they intend to participate. You need not apply your winning picks in the same series day/time-zone you won in, the picks are transferable, since sometimes people participate in more than one series, and sometimes people's schedules change.)

Please see post #1 under "FORMAT" for restrictions
on the types of races & tracks used for them.
LIST OF CAR LIST / TRACK COMBINATION EXCLUSIONS HERE

Event itineraries are made in advance, so your picks should be submitted promptly after winning, if you are anxious to see them in events #2 & #3 of the very next series.

These prizes are transferable as a "gift" to another club member, if you so choose to give one or more of your picks to someone else, with the limitation being that the recipient of such a gift must have participated in at least 3 points races previously, as of January 2015.
If the series organizer (whoever's putting together & hosting the particular series) wins picks on the podium, the the prizes will be transferred down the points leader board. Example: Director wins Silver. Bronze will get silver prize, and 4th place will receive bronze prize.

NOTE:
BEING IN CAHOOTS WITH FELLOW CLUB MEMBERS FOR PICKING COMBOS IS ALLOWED
Others may make suggestions to the prize winners, but the prize winners ultimately get the pick, and you shouldn't pressure them, of course.

Last edited:
Regarding brake bias, on FFs at least I tend to run a pretty heavy rearward bias, generally 10 on the back and whatever I can run up front to bring me to the edge of locking up under full pressure. On the Mini I ran 6/10 I think, which was a click to much at least up front. That's my usual starting point for FFs.

I still burnt up the fronts faster than the rears, I think they were down to a low 8 after 11-12 laps. Throttle management coming out of slow turns and through fast ones is probably more important than brake bias, but the rearward bias at leasts shifts some of the wear from braking.

On that topic, I haven't set up any brakes on the cars on the lists yet, so I'll be throwing 'best guesses' at a lot of them. Probably not a good idea to follow me too closely in the braking zones, I may go up in a cloud of smoke. :scared:

Back