Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer
Series 12 / Event 1

Points Standings

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (30 pts)
  2. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (25 pts)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (24 pts)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (21 pts)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (20 pts)
  6. AngryEater / AngryEater (12 pts)
  7. jackargent / jackargent (12 pts)
  8. Cu3e / bergele (4 pts)

Race #1: 3 laps @ High Speed Ring Reverse

IMG_9576.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Madrid

IMG_9579.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North

IMG_9585.jpg

Race #4: 4 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse

IMG_9591.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse

IMG_9594.jpg

Bonus Race #1: 1 laps @ Circuito de la Sierra
(missing these results sorry!)

Bonus Race #2: 10 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D

IMG_9599.jpg

Last edited:
I drove the Nurb GP/D only with the big racing guns before, cool runnings in the vintage skyline! :D
Yeah, Nurb GP/D is really great with low power cars. One of the better low power car tracks, IMHO.

Here's a question that I thought of while in that race, with the sun blinding me...
What day of the year is it there on the Nurb?
Is this astronomical information somewhere regarding the world circuits in GT6?
There must be a way to figure it out even so.

Yeah, Nurb GP/D is really great with low power cars. One of the better low power car tracks, IMHO.

Here's a question that I thought of while in that race, with the sun blinding me...
What day of the year is it there on the Nurb?
Is this astronomical information somewhere regarding the world circuits in GT6?
There must be a way to figure it out even so.

Good question, just searched* around, was recently discussed here. Seems that some tracks have yearly accurate astro settings, some have it set to a particular day of year. If you have the replay, you could check the game time of the sunset. Today the sun sets just after 17:00 in local Nürburg time. Need to go there someday, it's not that far...:)

BTW, offtopic (not exactly ;)), but check out this snapshot of Lovejoy and the ones after that! Had clear skies on saturday.:D Wonder if PD put that in the game...

*searched for 'sunset day of year', got better results with advanced search and sorted by relevance ticked.

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 @ Grand Valley East

alfaspeciale.jpg

Race this lovely car...

Wednesday 21 January 2015

3:00pm US EST / 8:00pm GMT / 9pm CET / Noon US PST / 20:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 (Comfort Soft Tires, Tuning Prohibited)
TBA laps @ Grand Valley East (45+/- minute race, heavy damage)

Sign up in the club events in "Community" to let us know you're planning on racing! :)

There is currently a TIME TRIAL open for this car/track in the Club Events. 👍

Lowering the "power limiter" alters/flatens the torque/power curve. And adding ballast to compensate PP, can alter the "stock" setup weight distribution.

I know not everyone has the 15th anniversary edition, but it would be cool to finally use them, on something besides a spec races.

Special addition spec races?

And I should be free after Tuesday, finally finishing 2 contracts and I'm looking forward to some personal / fun time.

Last edited:
It's always okay to arrive late. 👍 No worries. Better late than never!

And don't hesitate to sign up for an event to let us know you PLAN on attending. Obviously things come up at times. That's okay. It's just for a head count.
And there's no limit to sign-ups I think. Because after all, let's say we had 25 people show up for an event... we can create 2 division lobbies anyhow, & split up by parity assignment (and ballpark the rest of the participants).

So we're never in danger of having TOO many participants!

Last edited:
Well, @John Wells - you're just disappointing everyone this week. But that's the way the cookie crumbles. :/
Look forward to racing with you when you're available. 👍

We're all too well acquainted with various limitations. There are no worries here about that!

Just noticed that there are 7 participants today, easy for me to be last and snatch the Stratos. :mischievous:
Oops did i say this loud? Hope not everyone tries to pull that off... :nervous:

Just kidding, looking forward to race with you all! :D

Last edited:
:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if more than the amount registered shows up for the event...
People just are not in the habit of pre-registering yet.
And I suspect a lot of people haven't figured out that they can do that via the web, and don't have to be signed on the playstation to do it.

From the Rules:

• Overt sandbagging is subject to penalty. Deliberate sandbagging to avoid getting a particular car in the next race may be subject to a post-race penalty or being disqualified. If you're inconspicuous about sandbagging, and don't speak of it, you probably won't be caught or penalized. There's really no way to stop drivers from doing this, though if racing for points, it makes little sense.

In all the time I've had car-assignment events... I haven't seen anyone do any obvious sandbagging in a race/replay.

Probably because most of us, most of the time, just can't fight the urge to just do the best possible in every race. In particular, the natural urge, at the time, NOT to be last place ever, is surprisingly strong! :lol:

Add to that, I'm lucky if I can remember what list is next or what car is what number on what list, let alone to be able to think about that and race at the same time. :boggled: :crazy:

Back