Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Sorry I've been tired & in a near fugue state (from exhaustion). :lol: :ill: :boggled: :irked:
Let me know if there's a thursday session.
And we're going to go with choice A for the rest of the Saturdays of March if that's okay with everyone.

I'll post the list/track line-up for Saturday... and spew out some results, later this week, when I'm less zombified. :crazy:

I sure do hope more than 4 of us show up on Thursday. Longbow, kling, and amar are all faster than me and I don't want to be left behind :nervous:. I'm might be able to keep up though. I often surprise my self and my pace. I really wish I could learn how to be consistent. At times I go really slow and at others I actually can keep pace with kling and others for awhile. The problem is when I can keep pace, I'm usually pushing it to my limit and I make mistakes then I get flustered and continue to make more and more mistakes. I do better when I stay relaxed and I think I'm learning to be more calm and collected when I race with you go but it still needs work. I feel like just racing online with you guys I can learn a lot. Especially since I race with you guys a lot and I get to know you're driving styles. I really enjoy racing with this group of people because there is a very wide range of racing styles and also everyone here is a great person. All kind to one another. Understanding when mistakes are made and forgiving and we all have a sense of humor. I am really rambling on right now and going really off topic but what I'm saying is its a great pleasure to race with all of you guys. :D

@daddyo845 Well, I don't know how many people know of Thursday's existence yet. Even I just learned about it. :P I would like to hear from other people, of course.

Focus on racing the track, not just the people. The track in an opponent in itself. Knowing your lines, your speed. It's all important. The consistency comes after you've soaked it all in. Know when and where to not take risks, and when you can.

Anyway, you're kind of like our kid brother. I don't have a brother, but I kind of wish I did. I should clarify that the relationship is especially similar in that we're only ashamed of you sometimes. :lol:

Series 8, Event 1
Thursday 13 March 2014

1. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 41pts
2. LongbowX (LongbowX) 38pts
3. SpeedyMcQueen (SpeedyMcQueen) 35 pts
4. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 27 pts
5. amarynceos (amarynceos) 24pts
6. cbcvabch (cbcvabch) 14pts
7. temuster (temuster)14 pts

Race #1: 5 laps @ Motegi Speedway // Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Race1.JPG

Race #2: 3 laps @ Autumn Ring // Low Power
Race2.JPG

Race #3: 3 laps @ Cape Ring South // Low Power
Race3.JPG

Race #4: 3 laps @ Spa (14:30/1)(0/0/0) // Traffic
Race4.JPG

-2pts SpeedyMcQueen Causing first corner drama, no concession to amarynceos L1 Corner1

Race #5: 1 laps @ Nurburgring Nordscheife (12:30/1)(0/0/0) // Traffic
Race5.JPG

-1pt daddyo845 Failing to give proper racing room to LongbowX at Kallenhard and the left-hander leading into 'Miss-Hit-Miss'

Race #6: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain // Legends
Race6.JPG

Race #7: 4 laps @ Laguna Seca // Legends
Race7.JPG

Race #8: 4 laps @ Tokyo 246 // Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) '85
Race8.JPG

I really do disappoint myself sometimes. I also surprise myself sometimes. I could be doing good and then whoops miss my braking point and its all over. I certainly can't count on you or kling making a mistake :lol:. I appreciate your advice longbow and I really should go on and practice by myself on well pretty much all of the tracks. I was flabbergasted by your time Laguna seca on Sunday :eek:.

To me it is always better to be too cautious on entry than potentially ruin the corner. A good exit is much more important. Track knowledge is very good to have as well, especially since it gives you a frame of reference to have when encountering different cars for the first time.

I did make a track line-up, but perhaps we should do it next week instead? I really don't know if there are enough people for this Thursday? Or if there ever will be. If not, I'm sure this list could be recycled at some point.

Race #1: 1 lap @ Circuit de La Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) // Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Race #2: 5 laps @ Tsukuba Circuit (0/1/15%) // Low Power
Race #3: 6 laps @ Circuito de Madrid – Mini // Traffic
Race #4: 3 laps @ Suzuka Circuit // Traffic
Race #5: 2 laps @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (11:00/45)(0/0/0) // Traffic
Race #6: 5 laps @ Grand Valley East // Legends
Race #7: 3 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Legends
Race #8: 5 laps @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow (12:00/30)(0/0/0) // Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61

@daddyo845 , you just need more practice is all. It's my impression that you've got good speed; once you've got track knowledge to match you should be set. 👍 Myself, I feel like I can almost match Kling and Longbow most of the time, but I have to push a bit to do so. Not necessarily at my limit, but closer to it than I'd like.

It's mainly my racecraft that holds me back and is my main weakness -- I'm still not comfortable racing at close quarters with other humans, so often I'll back off and hold station instead of going for the pass, and I never go for low-percentage options -- well, at least, never on purpose. :lol: Heck, I often don't even go for mid-percentage opportunities! I much prefer to stick close and pounce on a mistake, provided I don't make one myself first. :sly:

@LongbowX , regarding Thursday, if you want to postpone that's fine too. Either way. 👍

I've been working on a line-up for a potential Sunday session, if people are interested. My main concern is if my internet is good enough for hosting; the plain fact is I'm the most Westerly member and thus the most geographically distant from everybody, so even though I have good internet, my pings to Europe aren't always so great. I haven't had too many online issues thus far, but when I do it almost always involves someone in middle or eastern Europe.

So, if anyone's interested in Sunday, probably 17:30 UTC, say so. I'd prefer to do a closed lobby, because I dislike the idea of having to deal with randoms, but I don't want to ask people to go through the trouble of sending FRs until I've first seen whether my internet is up to hosting. :) So it'll be a regular open lobby.

--amar

I think I will postpone it. It seems a bit rushed.

@amarynceos I am interested in a Sunday session for sure. And if you're worried about your internet, I would step in to run the room if you wish - and you can create the line-up (or if you're not ready quite yet we can run the one I made instead). People also added me when I hosted Thursday. Although not everyone, I don't mind kicking people from the public room though. :lol:

@amarynceos, thanks for the advice. I know I can be quick but I need to practice, gain more knowledge on the tracks and then become consistent. I would like to race on Sundays but my only problem is is I don't know how many people are going to want to race after vcrc.

I really honestly don't think the distance is the issue. It's your general internet infrastructure. Both the service you have, and the lines in your region, and the situation in your household (example: wireless or others using the internet) that make the distinct difference. Moreso than where people are from geographically.

Anyway, who cares if it's rushed? :lol:
You need to get out there and alert the peeps who've raced during the week before to come sign up. Go get 'em peeps! :D

The conflict with VCRC doesn't really concern me, as it's only an hour or so. It's not too long.

Well, distance does matter. But so do a lot of other things as mentioned. One may or may not throw it off. But in combination...

I don't really care so much about it being rushed, I'm just not sure how many people would show up. It might need reaching out.

Well if you're iffy about it then people are going to be less likely to show up. The sooner you confirm or deny whether we are racing tomorrow the better.

Well, I've got a good speed, wired NAT2 connection, for what it's worth. One thing I am going to change is to bypass the bridging router and connect the PS3 directly to the ISP-provided router/modem. (We use an Airport Time Capsule as an Ethernet/wireless router and I've been running the line to the PS3 through that.) Honestly I should have done that a while back, as it's silly to have an unnecessary link in the chain which will undoubtably impact latency; I've just been lazy and haven't had sufficient problems to motivate me to do it.

I should probably set up port forwarding while I'm at it, too. Again, been lazy.

@daddyo845 It's not so much that I'm iffy, it's that I really have no idea if people are going to appear. If I know some will, than I absolutely will spend the time to create the room. I'm not doing anything during that time. I just sometimes think it's a two way street. I would consider 5 the minimum. But people didn't even know there could be a race until a few days ago. Still, it's nice to hear something.

@amarynceos I only suggested I could host because you were concerned. Of course you can modify your connection and perhaps it will be assuredly fast enough to host, which would be good too. :lol:

I'm sorry fellow racers but I think I'm not able to join today . I'm 300km away from home today and I don't know when I'll be at home .
sorry for that late anouncement,I'm trying to join , thats for sure 👍

Bummer, but I would have been late as I overslept quite badly today. :x

Anyway. @LongbowX how about I ask you to be deputy host on Sunday, and in the event things go pear-shaped you can take over?

Got my track list/car selections done, just need to play with weather conditions a bit is all. Will have that up later today.

Okay, here's my lineup for Sunday

Series ?, Event 1
Sunday 23 March 2014
17:30 UTC (GMT Zulu time)
01:30pm - 03:30pm US EDT / 05:30pm - 07:30pm GMT

Vintage, Luxury, Legends

Race #1: 3 laps @ High Speed Ring (70/30/0) // Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring Periphery // Vintage
Race #3: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse// Vintage
Race #4: 3 laps @ Silverstone GP (10:00/45)(60/20/50) // Luxury
Race #5: 3 laps @ Daytona Road Course (04:00/45)(0/60/0) // Luxury
Race #6: 3 laps @ Suzuka Circuit (80/20/0) // Legends
Race #7: 4 laps @ Deep Forest // Legends
Race #8: 2 laps @ Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 no chicanes // DMC Delorean '04

Following the points rounds, for those who want more racing:

Bonus Race #1: TBD in the room
Bonus Race #2: Mazda Roadster Touring Car (stock/RH SM), Track TBD
(not an MMS car obviously, I just want to race it. :lol:)

--amar

Last edited:
A very fun lineup to be sure. My guess would be that it is Series 10 (9 starts this weekend?). Not that it matters so much.

The Miata TC was my most used GT5 car I think. Participated in a few series with it too...and managed to win one. :embarrassed:

I updated post #2.
Yes amar's Sunday will be Series 10.
And I'm assuming that the thursday is just going to next week. If I've messed something up there let me know. I am still zombified, and now with a brand new cold again! Yay for March...

What a great way to begin spring. With a cold :(

I saw your new quote watermelon funny :lol:. But I guess to you it's not spring. Technically it's spring now but here in the tristate area it sure doesnt feel like it. Although it is starting to warm up a bit. I will be there on Sunday.

Also off topic but I as I looked at the updated post 2, I also looked at post 3. I was wondering what the numbers on the right side of everyone's names mean. It's probably not all that important but I'm a curious person :P

Last edited:
nice track choices for sunday 👍
We will drive the mx-5 also stock ,I guess ?
I love this car , reminds my of iracing:cheers:
edit: RH on the mazda :odd: :confused:

Fie on spring colds, fie I say. :/

The Miata TC was my most used GT5 car I think. Participated in a few series with it too...and managed to win one. :embarrassed:

Seeing the Miata TC in GT6 was a very happy moment for me; I had coveted it in GT5 but was unwilling to pay for DLC, so it taunted me every time I went into the Mazda dealership. :| It was one of the first cars I bought in GT6. Lovely little thing, every bit as much fun as I thought one would be since first seeing the MX-5 cup cars running at Laguna Seca some years back.

nice track choices for sunday 👍
We will drive the mx-5 also stock ,I guess ?
I love this car , reminds my of iracing:cheers:
edit: RH on the mazda :odd: :confused:

Yes, stock settings. We can use different tyres if people want; SSs or SMs both feel good on that car.

@daddyo845 , fairly sure those numbers in post 3 were @watermelonpunch keeping track of how many events each of us had participated in. Real life being to busy has led to them not being updated for awhile, methinks.

imo SS or SM are more then enough for this car , but its of course your lineup and your decision :cheers:

Just now tested out SMs at the 'Ring, and found that it still went flat through Schwedenkreuz. It shall be SMs instead. The Brake Balance needs be tweaked a little to compensate; I dropped it to 2/4 as 5/5 gave me massive front lockup. ;) :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back