Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

OK... I signed up... does this event dump me into a room automatically, or do I have to be in the Club Lobby to look for the room?

I haven't done this before.

Sorry I missed the race, got disconnected, then did some practice. I was trying to find club room and nothing came up. Then I found it, but you were racing by then.

Sheesh, I go away from GTP for a few weeks and my favourite club arises from the ashes! Great to have you back, @watermelon punch ! Daddyo and I both had a go at keeping things going for a while, but things kind of dwindled away...

I would have attended Tuesday and today had I known about them, but alas.

I should be a regular attendee on Tuesdays and Sundays, and at least a few races on Thursday... the evening time is a little awkward as it might conflict with dinner.

Now I have to go and buy a bajillion cars again, since I'm using a new save (old one got corrupted :( ). See you all on track!

(Btw, colour combo will be nero nemesis or matte dark blue with gold wheels.)

:cheers:

Sheesh, I go away from GTP for a few weeks and my favourite club arises from the ashes! Great to have you back, @watermelon punch ! Daddyo and I both had a go at keeping things going for a while, but things kind of dwindled away...

I would have attended Tuesday and today had I known about them, but alas.

I should be a regular attendee on Tuesdays and Sundays, and at least a few races on Thursday... the evening time is a little awkward as it might conflict with dinner.

Now I have to go and buy a bajillion cars again, since I'm using a new save (old one got corrupted :( ). See you all on track!

(Btw, colour combo will be nero nemesis or matte dark blue with gold wheels.)

:cheers:
Have fun oil changing each and everyone of them :lol:

Ugh it takes so long it's a pain :banghead:. I feel bad. I still have to buy a few of the hatches myself but I haven't been on the game in a while. Life is just not giving me an opportunity to play.

RESULTS
SPITFIRE @ SIERRA

IMG_9564.jpg

Sorry it's a bit blurry. :guilty:

I think it saves the results on the events thing.
But eventually I'll have to delete that to make room for more events.
That's how that works right?

Have fun oil changing each and everyone of them :lol:

Ugh it takes so long it's a pain :banghead:. I feel bad. I still have to buy a few of the hatches myself but I haven't been on the game in a while. Life is just not giving me an opportunity to play.

What really takes time is buying new wheels, then painting car and said wheels. Took me well over half an hour to prep just one set of cars. :dopey:

Upcoming events:
(Sign up in Community Club Events to let us know you're coming & reserve your spot!)

Thursday 15 January 2015
8:30pm US EST / 5:30pm US PST / (Friday 01:30 UTC / 1:30am GMT)

Shuffle Mixer -- Series B -- Event 1
Cars Needed: Low Power List & Traffic List

Friday 16 January 2015
3:00pm US EST / 8:00pm GMT / 9pm CET / Noon US PST / 20:00 UTC

Mini Cooper S '11 (Tuning Prohibited / Comfort Softs) @ Red Bull Ring
Heavy Damage, 1 mandatory pit

tzgsaDp5vs2vj8PCy_0.jpg

I'm ready. :D

YCfSP9wXGA54e0BKhj_0.jpg

Also, if you haven't noticed already, there's a poll posted in at the top of the thread regarding ideas for future spec endurance type races.
👍 :D

APPEND:
Also, out of all of our cars on the lists... which would you most like to do a heavy damage endurance race on Eiger Nordwand Short Track?
Post your favourite pick for that, and those suggestions will be in an upcoming poll.

Also, if someone has a decent lap time at Red Bull Ring in the Mini Cooper, please PM me. I want to make the race ballpark 40-50 minutes. I don't think 17 laps will get us there, it might be too few.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed the race, got disconnected, then did some practice. I was trying to find club room and nothing came up. Then I found it, but you were racing by then.

Sorry you missed it. I searched for the room too, as it was in the event and not in the lobby this time. If you stay in the club main page, there are small circles on the Lobby or the Event icons on the left if there is a room open. Maybe this helps next time. :)

Thursday 15 January 2015
8:30pm US EST / 5:30pm US PST / (Friday 01:30 UTC / 1:30am GMT)

Shuffle Mixer -- Series B -- Event 1
Cars Needed: Low Power List & Traffic List

Friday 16 January 2015
3:00pm US EST / 8:00pm GMT / 9pm CET / Noon US PST / 20:00 UTC

Mini Cooper S '11 (Tuning Prohibited / Comfort Softs) @ Red Bull Ring
Heavy Damage, 1 mandatory pit

I can't make it to the Thursday event, as i will be sleeping after the GTPCC Thursday Session (shameless plug, :embarrassed: but we're short on racers :sly:)

Is this a separate series, with separate points/leaderboard?

Not sure about Friday, depends on the weather here (now it's the same as in Sierra), but if it clears up i will try to find Lovejoy. ;)

I am good to go for Friday. I only saw 6 while in the Spitfire, and as there were 2 blank spots in front of me on the starting grid, I just laid back as to not interfere with the racers I couldn't see.
The combo was a delight and I am looking to show better on Friday.

It calculates the car number from the ranks in all races of a racer. So you can lookup the column with your name at the top, and find the car number, your Funkiness (more about that later) and the number of races in the green columns.
The blue area is the rank of the racer in a race. All green areas are calculated.

As bonus there is a second sheet "Car Lists" (switch to it with the tabs at the bottom) where you can find all car lists, and at the right the racers, that are allowed to use the cars in the row with their name in it, and the one above it.

It's a bit rough, but enjoy!

Is this a separate series, with separate points/leaderboard?
Yes, the letters denote the series for points. Each series will have its own points standings & leaderboard results.

The only place these are combined is for the parity car assignments for the club as a whole... so that people get properly allocated depending on their general performance at the present time in general... regardless of how many series are being participated... because several of us will probably do at least 2 series. (And obviously I plan to do 3.)

Not sure about Friday, depends on the weather here (now it's the same as in Sierra), but if it clears up i will try to find Lovejoy. ;)
👍 👍 👍 Fantastic! :D

On Funkiness:

Basically it's a meaningless number, only a step in the calculation. Funkiness can only grow when you race, and maximum Funkiness is basically the number of races you did, that's what you get when you finish last every time.
Average Funkiness is just Funkiness per races done. It is between 0 and 1.

We could leave the numbers out and just focus on the car number, but that would be no fun.

So i suggest to interpret it as real Funkiness, a scale that measures that quantity between an Alien - zero Funkiness and Bootsy Collins - infinite Funkiness. Mere Mortals can never reach these poles, but Funkiness gives a measure where you stand on this line:
alien-creature.jpg
----------->
bootsy.jpg

Wonder what their driving skills are IRL...

:D

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, Madrid mini is kind of boring. I may decide to change that later.

It's not just boring... It's quite hideous.
Certainly not sensible, as @amarynceos noted. :lol:

But yeah, you can vote for up to 4... and change your mind while the poll is open.
After I choose the most popular one to schedule, we'll query for interest & times.

Back