Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Yeah the network was clearly a mess.
I mean it was telling me everything was right & brimming & good, when I set up the room, but there was something odd going on. That level of invisible car issues was definitely worse than I've seen since GT5.

I'm totally blaming last night's impromptu unscheduled maintenance!

Every time they do maintenance or do an update, some new problem or issue appears right after. Not a coincidence! :eek:
It's like the gran turismo online network is a whisk with one of the wires popped out, and they just keep shoving it back in, but another wire pops out. :rolleyes: :mischievous:

Anyhow, the Legends list always gets a bit wild. They require a great deal of care and consideration to get them to behave... and not appear to be trying to get you killed. :mad:
I think almost all of us put ourselves in the sand at some point in one of the legends cars.
They're very wild. But that's also their charm. :lol:

Results
Shuffle Mixer
Series 8 / Event 2

• 1.) temuster / temuster (27 pts)
  • 2.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (22 pts)
  • 3.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (20 pts)
  • 4.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (18 pts)
  • 4.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (18 pts)
  • 5.) tarnheld / tarnheld (16 pts)
  • 6.) culturalsnow / culturalsnow (11 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza

IMG_9607.jpg

Race #2: 2 laps @ Suzuka
IMG_9613.jpg

1pt penalty to me (wat3rm370n) for putting my big snoot of a car into amarynceus's line. Sorry about that.

Race #3: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow
IMG_9616.jpg

Race #4: 5 laps @ Rome
IMG_9619.jpg

Race #5: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Riffelsee
IMG_9623.jpg

Bonus Race #1: 2 laps @ Mount Panorama

IMG_9631.jpg

Bonus Race #2: 9 laps @ Special Stage Route 5
IMG_9635.jpg

Last edited:
UPCOMING SPEC RACES

These races have been scheduled, and corresponding Time Trial events are open in the Community Club Events.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 21 January 2015
3:00pm US EST / 8:00pm GMT / 9pm CET / Noon US PST / 20:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec Race
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 (Comfort Soft Tires, Tuning Prohibited)
30 laps @ Grand Valley East (45+/- minute race, heavy damage)

Saturday 24 January 2015
2:00pm US EST / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 11:00am US PST / 19:00 UTC
Spec Race
BMW 507 '57 (Comfort Soft Tires, Tuning Prohibited)
TBD laps @ Apricot Hill Reverse (45+/- minute race, heavy damage)

I wasn't experiencing the issues others were having but it sounded like a right royal pain from all the room chatter.

Unfortunately I have to report for jury duty tomorrow morning so it's unlikely I'll be able to make tomorrow's race. Subsequent races for this week are tentative too until I figure out if I get chosen or not.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING CLUB LOBBY FOR
IMPROMPTU RACING

Go to Community, and choose the Makeshift Shuffle Club
See if any members have any rooms already & if you want to join.

If you want to host your own room, you can create a room.
You should put the general info about what you're planning to do in the Room title.

Examples:

BMW 507 1-make No Tuning
or
Makeshift Shuffle Hot Hatches
or
Audi S4 No Tuning Full Damage
or
Skyline '94 No Tuning ALL NURB

You may make this room for members only, or as a public lobby (to attract more participants & potential new members).
You can direct new people to the club info, car lists, & rules with the following short URL that directs to this thread:

http://bit.ly/gt6shuffle

When creating & hosting a room, you should use the general settings used by the club events, for the sake of continuity in the club. (Below are the settings broken up into what should or shouldn't vary.)

Room Settings
settings in bold are the settings you may want to vary, depending on the type of racing

Boost OFF
Penalty NONE (understanding that track boundaries & rules apply)
Grip REAL
Slipstream WEAK
Tire Wear VERY FAST
Damage LIGHT (or HEAVY for specific races)
Visible Damage OFF (for events)

Nitrous PROHIBITED
Vehicle Tuning PROHIBITED
SRF PROHIBITED
Active Steering PROHIBITED
ASM PROHIBITED
Driving Line AVAILABLE (driver's choice)
TC PROHIBITED
ABS AVAILABLE (driver's choice)
Mics disabled (for events)
Grid Start, no false check
RGO Grid Order for shuffles & sprint spec, Fastest First w/ Qualifier for Spec Endurance
Race End Timer set at least at 120 seconds or maximum

This could be a way to get people interested in doing some spec races when you're up for it.
People are often looking for spec racing with tuning prohibited.
And if you do 1-make races using the club lobby, and even better, a car that's in one of our Car Lists, you're more likely to attract drivers, because many will already have the cars, and be interested in this kind of racing.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 @ Grand Valley East

TODAY

Wednesday 21 January 2015
3:00pm US EST / 8:00pm GMT / 9pm CET / Noon US PST / 20:00 UTC

Comfort Soft Tires, Tuning Prohibited
30 laps @ Grand Valley East
(45+/- minute race, heavy damage)

Time Trial Lap Times
  1. gotdirt410sp GOTDIRT410sp 1:26.825
  2. tarnheld tarnheld 1:27.176
  3. Chiochan ChuthuluGoat 1:27.497
  4. temuster temuster 1:28.209
  5. culturalsnow culturalsnow 1:28.608
  6. watermelonpunch wat3rm370n 1:28.690
  7. jackargent jackargent 1:30.274

@gotdirt410sp posted some tips for the last sector in the Event message board. 👍

I really haven't gotten in much in the ways of practice.

I forgot to put the mandatory pit stop in the regulations for the event (but I'll fix that).
There WILL be 1 mandatory pit stop.

The time trial will be open until event time (for practice). 👍

Last edited:
Usually i suck at GVE in the big cars, but the Giulia fits like a glove on that track. Really nice combo! 👍

Just my 2 cents:
If you are feeling you can't make it through a corner, lift off throttle gentle.
If you are feeling you still can't make it through the corner, apply gentle braking.
If you are feeling you can make it through the corner, smash that throttle mercilessly! :D

And that last corner, it helps to lift throttle a little on the high speed corner before, even if you can make it through with full throttle, as you can set up the car better for that crucial final turn in.

Looking forward to see you on track!

And that last corner, it helps to lift throttle a little on the high speed corner before, even if you can make it through with full throttle, as you can set up the car better for that crucial final turn in.

This.
I did this without thinking and that's the lap where I think I got MY best time.
The final turn... it's almost if you over-think it, it becomes messy.

Woohoo! :D Have to say I didn't come in to this one with high hopes, as this Alfa has never really worked for me in past shuffle races, and I've never cared for any of the GV configurations. :I So I'm especially chuffed over this one! I don't have very many victories racing online, I think this brings my tally to four in longer-distance one make races.

A heavy rear brake bias (5/10) and lots of throttle overlap were the keys I think. Not to mention the absence of aliens. :odd: Wouldn't have stood a chance with, say, a @LongbowX or the like about. :sly:

Pity about the continuing network issues (@Chiochan even disappeared halfway through the race for me :boggled:), something really got fouled up recently. I've never had problems to this degree before. :irked:

:cheers:

The Giulia is a fun car to throw around! Really predictable, shame it is only standard. I learned a lot about GVE in this car.
I caught a glimpse of @amarynceos's technique on the last corner, really nice swaying. :D

This was a really enjoyable race thanks to you all, once we got the network issues sorted out. Glad that no one got disconnected during the race, as there were zero bars on the 'Panic Room' -- don't know if that bars have any meaning.

Can't make Thurs as it's too late GMT. Should be able to make Friday though are there any new cars in the list since well.before xmas, i had to top up last time with the Mito and something else i forget. The worst part was i bought the Mito and then found out i came in a different position and had to buy the C4! Invisible opponents winning!

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
@ Grand Valley East

001.jpg

Turn 1

002.jpg

@tarnheld

003.jpg

@jackargent & @John Wells

004.jpg

@temuster followed by @watermelon punch & @Chiochan

005.jpg

@amarynceos followed by @tarnheld , @temuster , @watermelon punch & @Chiochan

006.jpg

@watermelon punch @Chiochan @temuster
chicken_danceBradLee.gif

Got pretty crowded mid-grid. :D

007.jpg

008.jpg

@watermelon punch watching @Chiochan reigning in a twist after clipping the grass with a wheel :nervous:

009.jpg

@Chiochan in the wild save :cool:

010.jpg

@amarynceos crossing the finish line in 1st place w/ a victory finishing move :lol:

👍 :bowdown::cheers: :drool: 👍

011.jpg

@Chiochan just beating @temuster to the finish by 0.143 of a second :scared:

012.jpg

@John Wells crosses the finish line only 0.108 of a second before @jackargent :eek:

Lots of exciting racing happened! Good times! :D

👍 :cheers: 👍

As you all could see I had an intense race! That wild slide was right when my fiance came home from school and was telling me all about her new classes, so I was a little distracted,lol. I had such close clean racing with Melon and temuster, unbelievable!:D
Yeah it was amazing.

Watching your car pivot like that - it was a spectacular save.

I would say that the 1st turn & the 2 turns before the tunnel required particular attention.
But interestingly... the less concentration I had in the last turn... the better I got through it. Odd how that works.

Looking forward to running with y'all tonight. Hopefully I won't be to DUI to drive.:boggled:

At least nobody winds up out in the blustery cold touching their nose in Gran Turismo. :lol:
But... first rule about drunk racing... don't talk about drunk racing. :lol: :sly: :lol:
Nobody would probably know... Unless someone's a belligerent drunk. :scared:

Whoops I didn't realize this was 8:30. I can still join and I actually won't be late either. I just thought it started at 2. Silly me :dunce:

That's funny because yesterday (or whenever you posted that about being late)... I wondered if you were thinking of the wrong time frame. But then forgot to ask. :dopey:

I've made a calender in the Makeshift Shuffle Google account.
But I don't know how to make it public/sharable.
I've been meaning to ask @tarnheld about that.
Could be helpful if you can look at the event schedule on a calender form. 💡

I believe I did say something about it being late. I can't say I would always join on Thursday evenings but I have nothing going on tonight so I have time to join this week. I must've forgotten that it was late and I just assumed it was in the afternoon because that's the normal time I raced in this club before it became inactive. But I double checked post 2. All hail the mighty post 2! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back