Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I'm a little bit confused by the parity thing so just to clarify. If I would participate tomorrow I would use Lexus IS 200 '98 and Nissan Be-1?

Or do I all ready have a parity assignment? couldn't find me in the lists.

I'm a little bit confused by the parity thing so just to clarify. If I would participate tomorrow I would use Lexus IS 200 '98 and Nissan Be-1?

Or do I all ready have a parity assignment? couldn't find me in the lists.

As I just underwent that process, I think I can answer that, and you are correct. Car #6 is the third-lowest, so that is your assigned car for the first race. Depending on your finishing position, you can stay with #6-cars or be moved one up or one down.

By the way, I have one question myself. Is it actually allowed to voluntarily opt for a car further down the list (i.e. a nominally slower car)?

Looking at Sunday's schedule, it seems like someone has a sense of humour. Guess I will find out how long it takes to go down the whole Hunaudières in a Kei car. :lol:

Now you're catching on. :sly: :D :lol:

But speak for yourself, kei car. :)
I will be driving an historic mini cooper! :P

But don't worry too much... By the kink, some cars might be bunched in the draft and floating from lightness... and some sweating drivers by the end of the straight.
I recall some bizarrely wild races in low power cars there. :odd: :eek:

One hairy one in the Spitfire, and another in the Honda 1300....

Where, perhaps, people forgot the straight eventually ends. ;)

It was like most of the grid thought there was a beer tent set up over there. :lol:

2013-12-31-makeshiftshufflesarth10.jpg

And again, qualifying will be... Take off like a stabbed rat prodded mouse, and drive drive drive until the timer runs out!

Last edited:
NEXT UP

Sunday 1 February 2015

1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Parity Mixer -- Series 12 -- Event 3
Race #1: 2 laps @ Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 no chicanes // Low Power List
Race #2: 15 laps @ Trial Mountain // Traffic List (heavy damage)
(Drivers will use their Parity Car Assignment)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARITY CAR ASSIGNMENTS FOR SUNDAY
can be found here
You can sort that, btw.

Instructions for Parity Car Assignments
can be found here

(Car lists are on the OP, Post #1 of this thread.)

You either choose the car corresponding to the #, or one less. (Subtract 1 from your car assignment.)
(No other substitutions. Each driver just gets a choice of 2 cars.)

New drivers, who do not yet have a parity assignment:
choose car #6 or #5
(This is because right now, the lowest # car assignment is #4.)

But everybody check that parity car assignment roster first.
You're only a "new driver" if you're not on the roster already.

Last edited:
@amarynceos and others who are concerned about the G27 on snow: i tried the Mito (courtesy car) at Cammonix Mini in arcarde single race mode. I turned down the FF torque to 1 and left FF sens. at 10 (you can do that in the car settings btw., no need to exit the race, and easily reverted). There was still a very small amount of rattling, but it was so feeble, i don't think it should be of concern. Most important: the car feeling is still there.

After more testing, the key is to put FF sens. at 10, this way the rattle effects get less pronounced. If you set FF torque and sense to 1, the rattle is very strong and you can't feel the car cornering anymore.

On dirt, the rattle is heftier than on snow, i understand that some don't like it, but with FF torque at 1 and FF sens. at 10 you don't have to worry about destroying the G27.

I encourage you to try it out yourself. Maybe we can do a snow shuffle race without loosing racers worrying about the well-being of their gear? Because the Mito was a ton of fun in the snow, you can trow that thing into corners by just lifting throttle. :D

Last edited:
Happy Birthday dear @AboveMeIsCool , Happy birthday to you! :cheers: :cool:

@tarnheld Could be that the MiTo is just cool all around. ;)

I was hoping people would sign up to indicate attendance for a head count. ^^
But people seem to be shy about this. haha

We only have 4 people signed up so far.
But I know at least 3 more who have mentioned possibly racing today. :)
And 7 others who've participated previous Sundays.
So I anticipate... anywhere from 5 to 14 people. :lol:

I will open the race lobby in about 10 minutes.
(For warm-up & car testing.)

I totally made the wrong car choice for Race #2. :lol:
I was worried about being "too crashy" in the BMW. :dopey: But I guess I should've worried more about being "too slow". :indiff: Oh well, ya win some ya lose some.

NO idea how I bumped at the end of the straight in R#1. :boggled: I watched the replay, and I was practically stopped when I bumped. Not even like we were going that fast to begin with. :lol: :odd:
Ordinarily I'd just own up to missing my brake point... But I hadn't missed it, I braked early! It was just some weird draft effect I suppose that I hadn't anticipated.

Sorry, time got away from me again :/
👎 on time getting away

Okay, gotta get this off my chest. When we do races with qualifying, PLEASE DO NOT LAY ON THE HORN THE WHOLE TIME when the qualy results are shown and the camera is panning back over the grid.

This span of time is included in replays. As someone who reviews these races, it is INCREDIBLY OBNOXIOUS and makes me want to place 'a curse upon your ugly dead relatives' (a phrase heard in a travel show about Rome, veracity unknown).

A few toots of the horn? Sure, many of us do that. Tapping out 'shave and a haircut, two bits?' Yeah, okay. Laying on the horn for fifteen freakin' seconds? Please go... no, I'm not going to finish that. :cool:

On a lighter note,

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _6.jpg

Chooga-chugga-chooga-chugga CHOO CHOO!

Okay, gotta get this off my chest. When we do races with qualifying, PLEASE DO NOT LAY ON THE HORN THE WHOLE TIME when the qualy results are shown and the camera is panning back over the grid.

This span of time is included in replays.
That's one of my pet peeves about the qualifier. :ill:
That in the replay, the grid sits there still, engines revving and whatever beeping, for eons. Even without a laying on of the horn, it's an annoying part of watching a replay, and particularly of reviewing a replay.

Part of the problem is that there's not a good fast forward or rewind on GT6 replays. :rolleyes:
Basically, it's the 1st lap that often has to be reviewed. (Because not only is it more likely an incident happens in the first lap, but if an incident happens in the first lap, it's doubly more likely to annoy people, and lead to reports and grievances.)
So then if you have to look at something a few times, from different angles, you have to go back to the beginning. With the grid sitting there for simply ages! :boggled: :crazy:

But thank you @amarynceos for putting up with it to review race incidents. 👍 👍

:bowdown::bowdown:

I knew I had no chance in the kei car at Le Mans, but it turned out a little better than expected. We built a little train which helped to keep us in closer contention. Instead of the normal terminal velocity of the R-RR of 156km/h, we were doing up to 180km/h. :crazy:

The G20 is pretty fun to drive, but I was a little disappointed with qualifying at Trial Mountain. I blew the entry of the fast chicane at the end of my first lap, which ruined the second lap as well. So I had to start behind Longbow & Tacom, who apparently both had opted also for the G20 instead of the Golf. The first part of the first lap was insanely close - people didn't seem to care much about heavy damage. After a couple of hair-raising moments I dropped back (I can't even recall why), and picked my race up from there with a more decent pace. I made up a couple of places until I got close to Spraggy and Longbow (their battle also provided more of the hair-raising variety). Both tacom and Longbow had already pitted when I decided to come in at lap 7 and try to undercut Spraggy. That actually worked, but both Tacom and Longbow were ahead of me after my stop. For a couple of laps the distance to Longbow didn't change, but then he caught Tacom and their battle slowed them both. Then Longbow passed Tacom, and I was on Tacom's bumper 3 laps from the end. What helped me in that phase was that I had pitted later and my tyres therefore were still in a better state. They really started falling off the cliff after 7 or 8 laps, and that's why I finally found a way past Tacom and even caught Longbow at the end of the back straight on the last lap. Was like a G20 Cup Race there in the midfield. 👍

Had lots of fun at Sarthe, but the wrong car choice and some bad driving at Trial Mountain left me all alone in the back. I think Trial Mountain is a good track, just not to race with other people.

Any impromptu events for the snow day today?💡

Last edited:
I'm interested in some impromptu racing today... MAYBE in about an hour.
(But spouse is home from work for the snow day, so there may be competition.)

And there is @ 8pm GMT / 3pm US EST races in Zero Cup.

Last edited:
Snow Fun room was opened by melon in club lobby, closed now. Seems technical problems prevent room creation for me... :confused:

Last edited:
Back