Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Did any of you guys actually see THIS during the race? :scared: :odd: :eek:

View attachment 297498

That's @nickg07 in the air, and @Baron Blitz Red on the track below.
I'm assuming that they were not seeing each other of course, and that's why that happened.
But what about @temuster (behind) and @tarnheld in his rearview mirror? Did you guys witness that during the race? :crazy:

Well I didn't see that jump over me, but something similar at the start of the race with 2 cars doing a dolphin dive over the 2 in front of them... @nickg07 was one of the 4 I never saw at all in the actual race.

A question that I have though... at the end of the race, I was in fourth place and even got the credits for fourth place in the standings. @watermelon punch showed a pic of the standings where I was in 6th... did @aceboy127 get the credits for fourth as well???

Cheers

@Baron Blitz Red
I hadn't thought of that about the payout! I guess it would have to pay you for the position your game thought you got.

I so rarely even look at the payout when we're doing these because as soon as a race ends, I'm busy, because I have to change the track AND find my next car. So I don't even pay attention. They could be ripping me off for all I know!! :lol: :lol:

@temuster
Legends & Luxury are probably the most messy lists we have. I thought overall, and considering, the races were pretty darn courteous and clean.
Everyone has a bad race or even a bad session sometimes. Sometimes the only thing you can do is make a contact concession and hope it hasn't caused too much trouble. I've been there. (Repeatedly!)

Sunday Results
25 January 2014

1. tacom08 (35 pts)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (33 pts)
  3. temuster / temuster (31 pts)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (25 pts)
  5. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (24 pts)
  6. nickg07 / Ballist1x (21 pts)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (19 pts)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (15 pts)
  9. tarnheld / tarnheld (13 pts)
  10. Cu3e / bergele (9 pts)

Race #1: 1 laps @ Special Stage Route 7

IMG_9708.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Motegi Road Course
IMG_9712.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Daytona Road Course
IMG_9717.jpg

Race #4: 4 laps @ Autumn Ring
IMG_9725.jpg

Cu3e / bergele : DQ for incorrect car
(The Alpine '72 to has more PP than the '73... I guess it has something about it stock that makes it perform better.)
Anyway, I forgot about the premium alpine... Substitute that for the spec race I'd suggested. :lol: (Well after someone tests it on the Mulsanne because I haven't.)

Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone GP
IMG_9730.jpg

Bonus Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza '80

IMG_9736.jpg

Bonus Race #2: 9 laps @ Fuji GT

IMG_9737.jpg

@temuster
Legends & Luxury are probably the most messy lists we have. I thought overall, and considering, the races were pretty darn courteous and clean.
Everyone has a bad race or even a bad session sometimes. Sometimes the only thing you can do is make a contact concession and hope it hasn't caused too much trouble. I've been there. (Repeatedly!)

I think you tagged the wrong person here... ;)
Anyway, let me be more specific. In race #2 i drove the C63, got overly confident because of the good speed on the straights, and me gaining positions and finding myself in a battle with @amarynceos. Head to head we plowed to the fast left-right combination after the tunnel, and i thought i could slip through on the inside. But the Merc needs longer braking, forgot about that, slipped and took @amarynceos in the sand with me, robbing him from a fight for victory. This was bad sportsmanship, i should have taken it easier, as it was the beginning of the race. :guilty:

I really like the messiness and quirkiness of the cars here, and the constant adaption needed. But clean driving should be first, to make it enjoyable for all. I set a bad example here. :embarrassed:

On a different point, it seems the fixed hosting fixed invisibility. Did we had invisibles during the Sunday races?

Last edited:
Yes I did tag the wrong person! Autofill typo. :rolleyes:
Sorry @temuster & @tarnheld

It is a constant exercise of restraint to not lose one's head when you think there's an opportunity.

Motegi Road Course was the best race I had in awhile! Very tense. I knew I had a stronger car in the straights, but any little mistake I made & amar & tac were there to take advantage of it.

I don't do well in those Mercs. And that's my car assignment for Sarthe on Tuesday. A choice of either one of them... hardly a choice at all for me. :lol:

I think nobody had invisible cars. I'd read earlier in the day on the forum that people said the fixed host prevents that, and I remembered that in the past, it had, in GT5.
There was some lag. In the replay it looked like @amarynceos lagged on SSR7, but I hadn't seen it during the race.
I did see some lag of @Cu3e at Fuji though.
There was several cases of lag in the races at Snail I was in too. I saw a car teleport in one race, and in 2 other races there were big accidents which people reported major lag.

PD must be gearing up for their unscheduled Monday night maintenance. :lol:

Yeah, i noticed more lag too. So, choice between invisibles and lag ...
Mmmh, let's hope the maintenance will 'fix' something this time... :scared:

EDIT:

The tasty treats @watermelon punch mentioned earlier got my mouth watered.
I think i like the french and japanese bits... :)

Last edited:
I don't think the fixed host thing caused the lag. After all, the other incidents were not in a fixed host room, and were worse.
I bet next Sunday afternoon the network will be beautiful. Of course our grid may be smaller as well.
My guess is there was more traffic because much of the northeastern US was piled with snow & cold weather this weekend, making outings less than enticing.

Anyway, I keep forgetting to mention... That was my first time on Monza 80. And I must say, I like it 100 times better than the other Monza. Although, I like Monza no chicanes better. But that 2nd chicane at 80 is so much less frightening. :lol:

Last edited:
Sunday's races...

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

In practically a straight line, I managed to get my car unsettled by tapping the wall I suppose. And spun. By myself.

005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

The race at Motegi Road Course was very exciting, and not easy for me.

008.jpg

009.jpg
010.jpg

This was unexpected.
011.jpg

Because it's probably unbelievable, I feel compelled to point out that it's the Mini Cooper that's pointed in the right direction here. :lol:
012.jpg

It is a display of unprecedented human-like driving. ;) :lol:

013.jpg
014.jpg

And yet another case of uncharacteristically earthly events. :sly:
015.jpg

Hey, @watermelon punch ... if I were to drop in tomorrow for that parity thing ... would that be possible? You know, having no assignment of funkiness and all. Being completely unfunky, so to speak.

And because I'm a newbie, I get the fastest car, right? :D

Joking aside, I could just enter with a provisional maximum funkiness, which would be car #5, if I understand correctly.

Hey, @watermelon punch ... if I were to drop in tomorrow for that parity thing ... would that be possible? You know, having no assignment of funkiness and all. Being completely unfunky, so to speak.

And because I'm a newbie, I get the fastest car, right? :D

Joking aside, I could just enter with a provisional maximum funkiness, which would be car #5, if I understand correctly.

Mmmh, Funkiness would be zero for a new racer, but that would mean pure Alien, as explained here. Technically it's a good measure, else you might end up like the guy on the right:

alien_Egg6.jpg

But i think we should assign the middle car between the extremes for new racers, so that would be #7. :)

I want to make it to shuffle tomorrow but seeing as a blizzard in the NE US appears to be imminent, I may end up losing power.

I am gonna be out of town for rest of the week. leaving tomorrow night or early wednesday morning so missing the Parity event and any others before saturday.

Mmmh, Funkiness would be zero for a new racer, but that would mean pure Alien, as explained here. Technically it's a good measure, else you might end up like the guy on the right:

alien_Egg6.jpg

But i think we should assign the middle car between the extremes for new racers, so that would be #7. :)

Like snowgt i plan on racing my very first shuffle race with u guys today. As im all out of funkiness so far i'm supposed to use car #7 of the luxury car list, right?

In case of that i'll get my C 63 AMG ready and am excited to become a "shuffler".:cool:

Whelp it appears you were right @LongbowX. I didn't get hit as hard as I thought I would. I should be able to make the race today.

So I found out that my choices for the race on Monaco are the Lexus is200 or the chevy ssr. I think it's a no brainer which one I'll go with. :lol:

PARITY CAR ASSIGNMENTS

You can see your Parity Car Assignment Roster here:
PARITY CAR ASSIGNMENT CHART - CLICK THIS LINK

http://bit.ly/shuffleparitycar

You can also see how this is calculated by viewing the spreadsheet, if you're interested.
Parity Car Assignment Sheet (read only, you can't mess it up)

These links are always in Post #3

Drivers will use their Parity Car Assignment in Parity Races.
Members are given a car assignment for "parity races". Car assignment is calculated by finishing place in prior points events races.
The car assignment is for a particular number to be used for the list.
Drivers can use the car corresponding to that number on the list, OR choose to drive the car numbered one less.
(Example: Your car assignment is #7. You may choose to use #7 car or #6 car on the list being used.)

PARITY CAR ASSIGNMENTS FOR "NEW DRIVERS"

This refers to new participants, who haven't previously participated in league points events/series yet since the implementation of the Parity Car Assignment system, and therefore do NOT have a Parity Car Assignment yet.

The procedure for determining new driver parity car in a parity race is this:

1st race:
New driver uses the 3rd lowest car among the Parity Car Assignments.

Example: If the lowest number car assigned in the roster is #5,
(the lowest car assignment is known as "the alien car assignment")
The 3rd lowest number would then be (alien+2) = #7.
So then the new driver may use car #7 OR, choose the car that's one less. So #7 or #6 car in the list being used.
  • If new driver wins the first race, for 2nd race they get the lowest assignment car, (alien assignment).
  • If they make the podium first race, for 2nd race they are assigned 1 place harder, (alien + 1)
  • If they they come in last place, they are to be bumped to the next larger (alien +3)
  • Special dispensation: If the new driver comes in next to last place with a significant gap from the car ahead and/or last place, the host may determine that the new driver can be allowed to choose from the next better (alien +3), if the new driver wishes to. (This is at the discretion of host, acting host, or deferred to an acting steward if it makes sense, to allow for unusual or special circumstances, such as last place having retired to the pit.)
Whatever car assignment is given for the 2nd race will carry through to any further races in the session.

Last edited:
@snowgt & @Patrick8308
(and anyone else who wants to participate in today's Shuffle Mixer, parity event, who doesn't have a car assignment yet)

To clarify the above:

For race #1, you will choose to race with either #7 or #6 on the car list being used, which is Luxury.

So you can choose either:
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
or:
Jaguar S-Type R '02

The choice is ultimately up to you which you think would be better for you to use.
(#7 is, on average, faster than #6, but this may not be true for all tracks or all drivers!)

Depending on your finishing position in the 1st race, you may have your car assignment options adjusted, following the rules in the above post.

Race #2 will be using the Traffic List.

Also:
Don't worry too much if your car assignment seems "not a good fit".
It will likely take 10-15 races to really have a parity car assignment that really makes sense for you. And there are others with car assignments with very few races, so there will be others racing that have less than good-fit car assignments.

Last edited:
@snowgt & @Patrick8308
(and anyone else who wants to participate in today's Shuffle Mixer, parity event, who doesn't have a car assignment yet)

To clarify the above:

For race #1, you will choose to race with either #7 or #6 on the car list being used, which is Luxury.

or:
Jaguar S-Type R '02

The choice is ultimately up to you which you think would be better for you to use.
(#7 is, on average, faster than #6, but this may not be true for all tracks or all drivers!)

Depending on your finishing position in the 1st race, you may have your car assignment options adjusted, following the rules in the above post.

I'm going to be using the Jag, so I won't run the risk of having an advantage over properly rated drivers.

This funkiness stuff is pretty cool. I already have a couple of suggestions to improve it from a math-point of view. Read at your own peril. :lol:

The more races are taken into account the harder it gets to improve (or simply change) your rating. That means that most drivers will converge on a sort of middle area and top/bottom cars of used car-lists tentatively will not be used. I see two ways to remedy that problem.

1. The funkiness level could be normalized, so that the best rated driver always gets the slowest possible car and the worst rated driver gets the fastest possible car. The rest of the drivers would be better spread out over all cars.

2. Only the last x races for each driver count towards his rating. That way good stretches are rewarded much faster and old mishaps don't count forever towards your rating. A modification of this would use a weighted average with older races weighted less (sort of like with GTP handicaps, if you're familiar).

These are just ideas I had. I'm not trying to change everything around before I even raced in that system. So please just see them as food for thought. :)

@snowgt & @Patrick8308

To clarify the above:

or:
Jaguar S-Type R '02

Also:
Don't worry too much if your car assignment seems "not a good fit".
It will likely take 10-15 races to really have a parity car assignment that really makes sense for you. And there are others with car assignments with very few races, so there will be others racing that have less than good-fit car assignments.

Great explanation! Thanks.👍

I'm going to be using the Jag, so I won't run the risk of having an advantage over properly rated drivers.

This funkiness stuff is pretty cool. I already have a couple of suggestions to improve it from a math-point of view. Read at your own peril. :lol:

The more races are taken into account the harder it gets to improve (or simply change) your rating. That means that most drivers will converge on a sort of middle area and top/bottom cars of used car-lists tentatively will not be used. I see two ways to remedy that problem.

1. The funkiness level could be normalized, so that the best rated driver always gets the slowest possible car and the worst rated driver gets the fastest possible car. The rest of the drivers would be better spread out over all cars.

2. Only the last x races for each driver count towards his rating. That way good stretches are rewarded much faster and old mishaps don't count forever towards your rating. A modification of this would use a weighted average with older races weighted less (sort of like with GTP handicaps, if you're familiar).

These are just ideas I had. I'm not trying to change everything around before I even raced in that system. So please just see them as food for thought. :)

Then i'll go for the 'Cedes.:P So we have some more diversity.

Back