Making GT2 hybrids on the computer.

AngelCreator
AngelCreator
Ok i'm making this thread because my last one got closed, if it would not have gotten close down this
was going to be added after a little bit but people can still use this to make hybrids. So here's what it is.
This is a way to make hybrids that does not include a GameShark, and will work with a Dex Drive.
Now i'm going to give step by step instruction on how to make hybrids with the program's below.
Note: this program only works with NTSC game saves.

gt2edit(this is what I use to make all of my hybrids)[try the link a few time's, if it still does not work
just PM me your email address and I will send you the file]

PSXGameEdit 1.60(I use this to get the GT2 save from the memcard file)

This is not a hard way to make hybrids and I make them all the time doing it this way, so here go's.
Note: I have not changed this from my first wright up so some things(ePSXe) are not needed.

Ok to start you will need to have a save game, now you do this any number of ways.
One being just play the game untill you have enough cash to get any car you want to hybrid.
Another is to get a save that has everthing you would need in both cars and cash, now I have
a good save for NTSC that has some good cars or you could go and take a look at GameFAQ's
as they have a good assortment of save games as well. Now ePSXe will work with many type's
of saves including Dex Drive saves which makes it easier to make saves and get saves to try out.
With that done we'll move on to the next step. First download PSXGameEdit and unzip it where
you can get to it easily and then open the program. Next click File/Open MemCard Image and find
your save in your ePSXe memcard file and open the save. Now you should see your GT2 save
and replay save(if you made one). Click on the dot next to "GT2 Game File". Next click File/
Save Single Game Save and save it as something like "my saved game" or something like that.
With that done now we can start to make some hybrids.

Ok now you will need to download gt2edit and install it, and then open it. Now go and click on
load and find the save game file you made earlier and pick it. Now you should see the first car thats
in your garage, now you can start to make some hybrids. For some codes to use go to one of the
links below and I will give some codes I use below as well to get you started. My codes are in NTSC form.

gthybridcars.www5.55megs.com(has alot of different codes)

pupik-gt2.tripod.com(has alot of codes,some saves and info too)

rogs.dial.pipex.com(a very good place to get codes for all formats and saves)

View attachment How To Use gt2edit by AngelCreator.txt

View attachment My GT2 Codes ver.4 by AngelCreator.txt

With all of the codes you will need you should be able to make some hybrids, now if you have any
questions just post here or PM me. Now it may be a little hard find out how to use this program good
but when you do you can make some really good hybrids and that only half of the fun. Next we will
put the save back into the memcard file. First save your game file by double clicking on save then move
to a different car and double clicking again or it will not save your game file right. Exit out of the program.
Next open PSXGameEdit and click File/Open MemCard Image file and find your save. With that open
click on the dot next to GT2 Game File, then click Edit/Delete Save to delete your old saved game.
With your old save gone go and click File/Open Single Save Game and find your save game file and open it.
Now you will want to save your new memcard by going to File/Save MemCard Image and save over your old
saved game. Now what I do is save my games as a Dex Drive file because it's easy to let other people try your
saves that way. With that done you are now ready to try out your hybrid(s). Now when you try out your hybrid(s) you
will need to test them first so what I do is go to Machine Test/Max Speed and setup the there because if you
go from settings to test/race your car will go back to nomal. Now you can go from test to race with no problems.
Now I can make you some hybrids if you want, but I would be just as happy to tell you how to make them so you
would be able to make hybrids any time you want. Now I have made a help guide on how to use gt2edit so
you will be able to use it more easily, and tell you where to use what codes. Well that is everthing so good luck and have fun.

I would but for some reson I can't get that part of the program
to work for me. But I have seen the pic's that you have put up.

i use PEC for epsxe and psxge and i'm waiting for ps2 sowtware now since my ps2 decided to break down this morning [again] and we're too poor to afford another one

I have updated the "My GT2 Codes" file. And soon I will make a guide on
how to use the pec editer to make hybrids as well.

No I don't think so, but I think you can change the NTSC save to PAL.
I have one done if want to test it. If it works I can make a new save for you.

Edit:
Go back to your thread, I have a link to the body codes you want.

I will send you one tonite, I don't know why the link won't work.

Edit:
I tried the link and it works for me, but if it doesn't work for anyone
just PM me your email address and I will send you a copy.

I have had GT2edit for years but never used it because I like to Fine tune my Tranny's and Downforce, Can you fine tune 7 speeds and Downforce on cars that don't have adjustable downforce? Like Ruf and Bspec miata or non Race modded cars?
Thanks!

Yes you can, I used it for changing the downforce alot. And I use it to make custom 3/4/7 speed gearbox's.
You should check out the files I have in the first post, the one about gtedit will tell you alot.

And it works well for that, I use it to get gearing you normaly can't get in GT2.
So I can get the gears just right on my hybrids:). And the downforce I want too.

I did everthing the instructions told me too. When I got to the part where I replace the the old file with the new one it said Not a full working memory card image file. PLZZZZ Help me I really want to make some hybrids!

Just a note really. My web site rogs@dial.pipex.com disappeared when I went over to Broadband. I do still have all the HTML code sitting on my (now ancient) PC. I did briefly try to reconstitute it some years ago, but my HTML program didn't seem to handle the links very well.

AlgelCreator você pode me dizer por que minha edição GT2 não está salvando a mudança de carros? e quando eu clico em salvar, pois salva em outro lugar, mas sem as alterações, quando eu faço a carga no salvamento de volta tudo como era antes

AngelCreator can you tell me why my GT2 edit is not saving the cars change? and when I click save as it saves somewhere else but without the changes, when I do the load on the save back everything as it was before

Back