Manufacturers Series

• Thread starter jqmeehan
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Do i have to race all 3 rounds on each day? Like Redbull ring has 3 separate races and different times. Do I just race one of those or all 3?

You can race all 3 if you want to, but your score for the last race you run will be the only that counts. I generally run the first time slot, if I had a bad race I may try the second time slot and have rarely improved my score. The third time slot is too late for me being on the East Coast.

Also note that with the 3rd race being so late now, the one I did yesterday had a much wider spread of driver rating than normal. This means the points available are wildly unpredictable. In the past, FIA races I've been in at the high B to low A level have had a spread of around 1k-2k DR from top to bottom, but the last manufacturers last night was more like 7k spread. I think the 3rd race is to be avoided unless you've had an absolute disaster to that point.

Great thank you guys for the information. I am new to GT and sport mode seems like great competitive racing provided that you dont get bad sportsmanship rating mixed in!!
When i was doing my practice for Red Bull ring i almost decided not to run in the race because of the wet conditions (i had never done that before) turns out i qualified 11th and placed 3rd!
Another question...where do i look at the standing for points for just my series? Or does it lump everyone together?

Its on the Sport Page in GT Sport where you enter the race. After you click on Manufacturer or Nations you can check your rankings and friend ranks and manufacturer ranks etc. Or you can got to www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode and you can check your rankings etc in there as well. You do need to log in using your ID/password for PlayStation to see your stats though.

Back