Mark IV Red paint glitch?

• Thread starter RyanRacer
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
So awhile back I bought a Ford GT in the color Mark IV Red. Then this morning I finally got the Ford Mark IV, which also has the color bearing the same name. Normally, and yes, it showed "Mark IV Red added," but then I went to GT Auto to see how it compared to another really bright red, Mayan Red. But the only Mark IV Red that showed up was the one from the Ford GT, which is a much darker red. So there are three possibilities as to why it did not show up. 1) PD made it so that you can't have multiple colors of the same name, 2) PD decided to pull another Frozen Black Metallic on us, or 3) It is a weird glitch/bug. So, which one is it? I sure do not want to delete my gamesave just to get Mark IV Red from the Ford Mark IV!

Are you sure it's not in another tab, like Metallic or Solid or something? They may not be in shown in the same place.

Either they are the same chips, or one is unobtainable, like McLaren's chips.

Either way, it sucks how it's not indicated in any way which chips you already own when buying cars. I'm sure I lost aquite a lot of cash yesterday by buying lots of cars for paint chips exclusively. And I haven't even gotten to Japanese rides yet :indiff:

If the shade of color is actually different, you can have two paint chips of the same name. I'm pretty sure I have two "Scotia White" chips, and there is the tiniest bit of difference in the paint. It's a bit annoying, really.

I did post in here about it, but it seems to have been deleted.

They are the same paint chip. It's just that the MKIV has a much lighter, slightly more orange shade of red than cars painted with that chip, which are a slightly darker, deeper red.

They are the same paint chip. It's just that the MKIV has a much lighter, slightly more orange shade of red than cars painted with that chip, which are a slightly darker, deeper red.

That's too bad. It looked so bright on the Mark IV! I was hoping to have found the brightest red, which I have been trying to find ever since I got the game. It did say when I bought it, "Mark IV Red acquired," but then they must be the same chip. But does anyone have a Mark IV Red that is as bright as what it should be? I have a maniacal suspicion that if it was some sort of glitch then in order to get the brightest Mark IV Red, you would have to buy the real Mark IV first, at the expense of not being able to get any more Mark IV Red chips even though it may say when you buy a Ford GT in that color, "Mark IV Red acquired," and visa versa.

I bought a 458 and got Rosso Corsa. When I bought the F40, I only have one Rosso Corsa chip.

However, when I bought the Impreza WRC 2008, I got Sonic Blue Mica, and they decided to give me a barely different duplicate when I bought the 1999 one. :irked:

I bought a 458 and got Rosso Corsa. When I bought the F40, I only have one Rosso Corsa chip.

However, when I bought the Impreza WRC 2008, I got Sonic Blue Mica, and they decided to give me a barely different duplicate when I bought the 1999 one. :irked:

They must be the same if you only get one. There may not be a glitch, but the Ford GT Mark IV Red just looks nothing like the Mark IV's Mark IV Red.

I posted too and I've even gotten alerts since that post that doesn't appear to have registered.

Some paints--Matte Black being a prime example--even appear different on the car that provided them. I'd purchased both the LFA and the FT-86 Concept a while back and I wanted to determine what order they're listed in so I bought each again, only to discover neither looks the same after repainting. The change is subtle enough that I can say with confidence that the former appears beneath the latter (not beneath the ladder, that's bad luck), but there's a distinct difference in the way light reflects off of the painted surface.

And let me just say that I'm constantly awe-struck by the fact that I can say "the way light reflects off of the painted surface" in reference to a dang video game. I haven't had a great deal of experience with games save for playing Wii Sports with my daughter, but this is still leaps and bounds beyond that.

Last edited:
That's too bad. It looked so bright on the Mark IV! I was hoping to have found the brightest red, which I have been trying to find ever since I got the game. It did say when I bought it, "Mark IV Red acquired," but then they must be the same chip. But does anyone have a Mark IV Red that is as bright as what it should be? I have a maniacal suspicion that if it was some sort of glitch then in order to get the brightest Mark IV Red, you would have to buy the real Mark IV first, at the expense of not being able to get any more Mark IV Red chips even though it may say when you buy a Ford GT in that color, "Mark IV Red acquired," and visa versa.

I bought the MKIV and have have never bought the Ford GT in GT6. It's still a darker red. It was the same in GT5.

I bought the MKIV and have have never bought the Ford GT in GT6. It's still a darker red. It was the same in GT5.
That's a shame as I can understand RyanRacer's desire to have the MarkIV's red, it is really a great color. It would be cool yo be able to paint the Jag or the Ferrari of the same time that color.

Okay then. There is no glitch or whatever. Mayan Red is the official brightest solid red in GT6. Tor Red and a bunch of others just barely miss the mark, as they are very very bright orange.

Edit: If Mark IV Red looked as it did on the Ford Mark IV, it would have probably been the brightest.

Back