Mark Webber moving to Ferrari? Nope, signs with Red Bull!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 78 comments
Massa had a bad start this season, but he is improving... I mean, he's a really talented driver, but unfortunately, he's the classic "no. 2" guy... :dunce: which means he's disposable anytime he does not perform...

Point is, lots of people want him out... :yuck:

When was the last time he did perform? Ferrari have been pretty patient with him probably because Alonso makes a great #1 and the current car is poop.

Massa had a bad start this season, but he is improving... I mean, he's a really talented driver, but unfortunately, he's the classic "no. 2" guy... :dunce: which means he's disposable anytime he does not perform...

Point is, lots of people want him out... :yuck:

You're watching the same F1 that we have since 2010 when he started to fall off the map?

It'd be great to see Massa take himself and Rob Smedley to a midfield team to show what he's capable of once again.

Webber shoots down Ferrari rumours:
“Sergio (Perez) was flavour of the month last week for the Ferrari drive. Now, it’s me. I’m focusing 100 percent on this season and doing the best job for myself and Red Bull Racing. I’m not putting any energy into anything else. There’s a whole season ahead of us before we need to think about the future. One day the talk is about Jenson (Button joining Ferrari), then it’s Sergio, now it’s me. I haven’t signed anything. My focus is on this team. We’ve had a good start to the season, we’re only four races down and the road is very, very, very long before we start talking about the future."

Mugello was by far one of the best tracks in the Ferrari Challenge game so I certainly agree with the majority of the drivers. 👍 Wish it was in GT.
Not sure what that has to do with Webber-Ferrari though.

Petrov should stay at home and take up knitting then. 👎

Mugello is the best track in Italy by miles, and one of the best in Europe. :)

I can see where Petrov is coming from. Close proximity barriers and such. Could be potentially dangerous in a high speed/multi car off.

Not to mention the technical prowess of a track is different to its safety aspects.

I can see where Petrov is coming from. Close proximity barriers and such. Could be potentially dangerous in a high speed/multi car off.

Not to mention the technical prowess of a track is different to its safety aspects.
You can die even in a Tilke track if you are unlucky. If you are scared about what could happen then don't drive at all, stay home. They are supposed to be F1 drivers.

You can die even in a Tilke track if you are unlucky. If you are scared about what could happen then don't drive at all, stay home. They are supposed to be F1 drivers.

Woah...why should Petrov risk his life just to battle it out for the last few places.

Back on topic, folks.

I can't there being any truth to this at all, and should it somehow end up being true Webber won't bend over for Alonso or Ferrari and will likely end up without a seat mid season.

Petrov should stay at home and take up knitting then. 👎
His quotes were taken out of context. This is what he actually said:
“I have very good memories of Mugello as this is where I won in F3000, so coming back is good. I’m not sure the track is right for today’s F1 cars – you get very close to the walls and it’s maybe a bit small for the cars now, but it’s still a good challenge putting together a quick lap.”

F1 drivers are meant to take the risk as part of their job. One thing for sure, when there is an oppoturnity for safety, it will become #1.

I don't really know much about the Mugello track but the drivers have driven there so they should know better.

You have to respect the drivers' opinions regarding safety more than anyone else's. They are the risk bearers of the sport, the ones who are constantly risking their lives for our entertainment.

If Petrov is coherent with his words he stay home at Monaco GP.

Oh and where's the topic about Mugello's test then. If you read my post I mentioned Mark Webber, and Mugello if you don't know is owned by Ferrari.

If Petrov is coherent with his words he stay home at Monaco GP.

Oh and where's the topic about Mugello's test then. If you read my post I mentioned Mark Webber, and Mugello if you don't know is owned by Ferrari.

You are taking this thread off topic, please go and make a thread about the Mugello tests if you cannot find one.

👍

If you read my post I mentioned Mark Webber, and Mugello if you don't know is owned by Ferrari.
I hardly think Webber is gushing about Mugello simply to keep Ferrari happy and improve his standing with them. Webber has a reputation in the paddock for being pretty outspoken - if he's not happy, he'll let you know about it, and he's not afraid of stepping on someone's toes. So for him to pretend to be happy for the sake of appeasing someone else is entirely out of character for him.

Look isn't too early for us to judge about webber's future ?
We are heading to the 5th race of the season and still not even halfway.

Webber is currently third in the standings not far off from his teammate, yes i would agree that there is chance that red bull will want to put a younger driver in the 2nd seat but webber is still on fire and this is a plus for the constructors..

as in term of ferrari, i hope that massa get replaced, as i know he is not consistent as his teammate and there are rumours from broadcast (and somewhere i read i forgot) Perez would be taking his seats since he is under the ferrari program of some sort. As we can see, perez is pretty strong and also the sauber team.

So in my opnion, there is a little chance that ferrari would want to put an old driver in the second seat and i think that ferrari is going to start putting some young drivers in (I hope Perez :D). As for Webber, if IF red bull decide to replace him, he would be probably sent to a developing team such Lotus, Sauber, Williams or even the 3 new teams.. this what happens to barrichello and kovalainen..

Look isn't too early for us to judge about Perez future ?
We are heading to the 5th race of the season and still not even halfway

Massa is seriously performing worse after his crash couple of years ago due to Barrichello's spring. However, i think Massa is on his last year driving for Ferrari. I also heard rumours about Kubica coming back? Good replacement i think or even Di Resta.. But I dont think Webber will jump into a Ferrari any time near. Also the Renault guys are performing well this year? Maybe a Raikonnen return to Ferrari? Nobody knows

Back