• Thread starter Laughss
  • 151 comments

Laughss

Premium
United States
San Diego, Ca.
Laughss
http://gamerant.com/marvel-capcom-3-teaser-trailer-rory-18068/

We’re still eight hours away before the NDA breaks on Capcom’s Hawaiian Captivate event, but things always slip through the cracks. Just like this brand new teaser trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. If you aren’t excited yet, now’s about the right time.

In the trailer we get a view of the rooftops of a sprawling cityscape as a number of battles break out. The first features the faces of each franchise, Ryu for Capcom and Wolverine for Marvel. The match we’ll all be seeing for years to come. Next up is a flying fight between Darkstalkers‘ Morrigan and the man in iron himself, err, Iron Man. The final pair-up stars green behemoth The Hulk, and Capcom’s similarly muscled lead from Resident Evil 5, Chris Redfield. Six characters and a banner at the end saying, “Marvel vs. Capcom 3, presented by Capcom,” will set the gaming world on fire today.👍👍

Nice. I just hope they keep the distinctive mvc2 feel. I hate the way SF4 plays so I hope it's not just a clone of that.

From what is being posted, it's gonna be a cross from MvC2 and SFIV. Also they might add one button special moves that will probably destroy this franchise. I am glad that Super is old in 7 days

Yes. Yes. Yes.

And, yes, again. :D

Just wish it had came out on the PS2 because you know something isn't going to feel right.

I lost all hype the second I saw the visuals, now, there's no doubt it'll be fantastic....but come on - a 2D/3D hybrid. I don't like that one bit. Maybe that's just me being nostalgic and sticking by the classic 2D style, a style that fighting games should never have evolved from. I still want to at least try it out as I want to have a go with Deadpool and Dante.

I wonder if Vergil made it in?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

And, yes, again. :D

Just wish it had came out on the PS2 because you know something isn't going to feel right.

I amaze myself. Should be noted that after having seen the teaser last year, I didn't really keep up with it afterward, so the final product was a bit :odd: to me.

I dislike 2d sprites if they're going to make them into high-res vectors, as that just reminds me of flash games and that's just so lame for a console powerful enough to do more. 2.5D imo is amazing...

How did I know it was going to be you bumping this thread, nk4e? :lol: I might pick this game up, though that just means less dedication to Super.... maybe when I finish class this year, i'll treat myself to it.

MvC3, like SFIV, draws in a ton of non-fighter fans....meaning this will be hella mainstream and will probably be even more popular than street fighter since the fundamentals are more blurred in crossover titles than SF.

I pulled out my wallet and found my EB Edge card...I still gotta save $1.00 for me to pay off the card's value. now I hope someone will pick up and drop MvC3 now :lol:

If anyone is getting this, I will be playing under my rhymesxreasons psn id. Add me and lets get some friendly matches in. :)

When I get this, Trish and Ryu are going on my team for sure... as for the 3rd hero, I've yet to decide

I'm sorry, but I'll just stick to MvC2 and the other classic fighters. This just doesn't do anything for me. Nice combos and all....but I think I'd only rent it and nothing more.

My bro just told me that there are no kick or punch buttons, just low, mid, and high attack buttons and a super button? Is that rue?

My bro just told me that there are no kick or punch buttons, just low, mid, and high attack buttons and a super button? Is that rue?

From what I know, yeah, there are one-button supers this time around. Can't comment on the former though.

You guys are partially wrong.

Its Light, Medium and Heavy Attack. and Special, which is your launcher and it is the button you hit for other special moves (if your character has any)...like Dante for example.

Though it is TvC's like. Well somewhat Blazblue if you do not include the last two buttons. Though already found combo loops for X23 and tron
Linky
I miss the old layout already of SRK.
Edit:
There is a stream for rankings here

Last edited:
I just saw that x23 loop not too long ago....

I'm thinking of trying
L M A1
S H A2

but if X-Factor is L+M+H+S, then I'm doing:
L M H
S A1 A2

Less characters than MvC2.

I can't wait until they release more content as DLC so we can pay more for a video game we already paid $70 for.

Well, if you didn't get the Limited Edition, they will be releasing Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath. Though SRK views have been data digging and found Jill without the DLC code. Strider for the next DLC with Megaman?

If they give one of megaman's colors to look the same as zero's default scheme, I'm going to laugh, because they've already done that with Zero and it looks silly :lol:

So far, my team consist of Zero, Tron, and Chun. Though it will switched to Storm, Magneto and Doom..I really need to get this game. Zero's Bass outfit is awesome!

Anyone else got the game? I need people to play. I swear, this is not at all like MvC2 which was so easy to play and have fun with. It's totally different, but still a lot more fun than stupid SF4. So far my team is Captain America, Wesker, and some random other person. I'm not really comfortable with the game yet since I've been playing for a few hours. I don't think I'll ever be as good as I was at MvC2 though.

I got a chance to get a better feel of the game when my buddy brought the game over..

when I play the game longer, I'll probably swap out Ryu with someone who has an airdash.

Trish is staying, but I need to get out of the habit of using L to start a combo because her jab can't reach for beans. Makes a great 2nd assist.

I haven't decided on other characters yet. But at the moment, Wesker, Deadpool, Ryu, Skrull, Akuma, Chris, and Viper are on my Auditions list.

PS3, nk4e. This game is ridiculous though. They made it impossible to play well with a ps3 controller. I liked the MvC2 control scheme so much better.

Back