Azle, TX
supermanfromazle
SanjiHimura
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom
Platforms: PS4, XBO and PC
Release Date: September 19th, 2017

Official Teaser Reveal Trailer (Source: Marvel Entertainment)

Official Extended Gameplay Trailer (Source: Marvel Entertainment)

Story Mode Trailer (Source: Maximillan Dood's Youtube Channel)

Roster

Note: Rumored characters in italics. First appearance in parenthesis

Marvel
Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers] (Avenging Spider-man #9: September, 2012)
Captain America [Steve Rogers] (Captain America Comics #1: March, 1941)*
Iron Man [Tony Stark] (Tales of Suspense #39: March, 1963)
Rocket Raccoon/Groot (Marvel Preview #7: June, 1976)
Thor Odinson (Venus #11: November, 1950*/Journey into Mystery #83: August, 1962)
The Hulk [Bruce Banner] (Incredible Hulk #1: May, 1962)
Hawkeye [Clint Barton] (Tales of Suspense #57: September, 1964)
Ultron (Avengers #54: July, 1968)**
Thanos (Iron Man #55: February, 1973)
Doctor Strange [Stephen Strange] (Strange Tales #110: July, 1963)
Gamora (Strange Tales #180: June, 1975)
Nova [Richard Rider] (Nova #1: September, 1976)
Ant-Man [Scott Lang] (Marvel Premiere #47: April, 1979)
Spider-Man [Peter Parker] (Amazing Fantasy #15: August, 1962)

*Published under Timely Comics, the forefather to Marvel Comics.
** Merged with Sigma to form the final boss.

Capcom
Ryu (Street Fighter: 1987)
X (Mega Man X: 1993)
Morrigan (Darkstalkers The Night Warriors: 1994)
Strider Hiryu (Strider: 1989)
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil: 1996)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter II: The World Warriors: 1991)
Nathan "Rad" Spencer (Bionic Commando: 1988)
Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins: 1985)
Dante (Devil May Cry: 2001)
Zero (Mega Man X: 1993)
Grandmaster Meio (Strider: 1989)
Firebrand (Ghosts and Goblins: 1985)
Jedah (Darkstalkers 3: 1997)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter: 2004)
Nemesis (Resident Evil 3 Nemesis: 1999)

Downloadable Content
Sigma (Mega Man X: 1993)
Black Panther (Fantastic Four #52: July, 1966)
Venom [Eddie Brock] (Amazing Spider-Man #299: April, 1988)
3 more yet to be announced.

Gameplay Features

- 2v2 gameplay. Making a return from the original Marvel vs. Capcom, players are to compose a two character team, selecting a main fighter and an assist.

- Infinity Gems: The Infinity Gems make an appearance to influence the outcome of battles. Each one utilizes a different effect based on what the gem actually is.

- Story Mode: The game will feature a story mode where fighters will utilize their skills and defeat a new villain.

- The game will utilize Unreal Engine 4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/

Last edited:
Source

We have finally received word that a fourth Marvel vs. Capcom game is in the works, in time for the franchise's 20th anniversary. The expected announcement will take place at the Playstation Experience next week, where it is likely that Capcom has signed an exclusive deal with Sony to bring the game to the PS4, similar to how they handled Street Fighter V.

There are unsourced rumors floating around that NONE of the X-Men will appear in the game. Again, that is simply rumor, and should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

Eh I already said this in my status earlier today, and was hoping it wouldn't be made a thread until after it was confirmed. Cause if it doesn't come true, this will be a giant (albeit short lived) let down.

The problem is, that there is evidence on both sides of this saying it could or couldn't happen that make this a 50/50 shot to me.
We've had threads garner hundreds of posts with less to go on than that! :lol:

I'd just like the DLC for 3 to re-appear. I waited a bit too long to snag it (and the digital version of MVC2 for when I don't want to set up the PS2).

I'd honestly just prefer a port of 3 to PC. SFV's art direction is so terrible that I don't trust Capcom's ability to followup MVC 3 now.
Just for the record, it would be a separate development team that would handle MvC 4. Capcom has two development teams just exclusively for fighters, one is headed by Ono and handles anything that has the Street Fighter name on it, while the other is headed by Ryota Niitsuma and handles most of their crossover stuff.

If this project is announced, it will be Niitsuma as producer, not Ono.

Just dropping this news here.

Also I've hearing rumors that the X-Men might be absent from MvC4 due to MCU push, which sounds blasphemic to me. MvC began with X-Men and every MvC game has Wolverine in it. :grumpy:
If that's true that X-Men will not be in MvC4, then thats 🤬. I grew up playing most of Capcom's crossover games that featured Wolverine, Storm, Sentinel, Magneto, Cyclops, Deadpool, and more. Who can replace them though? Unless they want to add more Avengers, then maybe I'm fine with that.

Here's Polygon to weigh in on the subject. It should be noted that they cite 'Multiple sources' and the fact that there is a Capcom Pro Tour event going on that weekend in the same building.

@FilipinoGTUser1 This should be of interest to you. The Marvel Games license, which has resided at Activision, expired in 2014. The only Marvel-related property that they have left is Spider-man, and that expires next year. So to spite FOX, which Marvel wants the film rights of X-Men and Fantastic Four back from, they have placed a blanket ban on games having characters from those franchises. One of the first victims of the ban was Marvel Mighty Heroes, a mobile game from DeNA. In fact, they have released a statement saying that Marvel was the one dictating the characters that they can use.

mmh.png

So what does that mean:

- As stated earlier, all new games made after Contest of Champions are not allowed to use any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters. This includes the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Cyclops, Jean Grey/Pheonix. X-23, Storm, Magneto, Super-Skrull Sentinel and more.

- Games made before the ban with active contracts, like Marvel Heroes (the PC MMO) can add whoever they want until their current contract expires.

- Remasters and or ports of older games can be re-released untouched

- The Maximoff Twins are allowable on a case by case basis. If they can be used, they are not allowed to mention their X-Men history. They have also been banned more times than not, but their inclusion in certain games isn't impossible.

Despite that though, Marvel did suddenly allow Activision to re-publish and remaster the Deadpool game as a tie-in to the Fox movie... :confused:

Sorry for the Double Post, but new information did surface:

Source

1. There is not one, but two Marvel related announcements going on this weekend. The first will happen tomorrow, maybe in the morning. This is to announce a potential Marvel vs. Capcom 3 remaster with long term support. The developer of this potential remaster is under wraps at the moment, but Maximilian suspects it will be the developer behind the recent port of Third Strike Online Edition.

2. We finally may have some gameplay details behind Marvel Vs. Capcom "4". Now why did I put the 4 in quotation marks? Information has recently surfaced that the game, which will be announced Sunday AFTER the Capcom Cup, will be a complete reboot of the series proper. Further information suggests that the game will depart from the 3v3 of its predecessors and adopt a 2v2 format not unlike the original Marvel vs. Capcom. The same information also suggests that you control one fighter and one assist.

If this is a reboot of the series proper, then the decision, howbeit dumb one, of not including any X-Men characters is now a smart one.

Sorry for the Double Post, but new information did surface:

Source

1. There is not one, but two Marvel related announcements going on this weekend. The first will happen tomorrow, maybe in the morning. This is to announce a potential Marvel vs. Capcom 3 remaster with long term support. The developer of this potential remaster is under wraps at the moment, but Maximilian suspects it will be the developer behind the recent port of Third Strike Online Edition.

2. We finally may have some gameplay details behind Marvel Vs. Capcom "4". Now why did I put the 4 in quotation marks? Information has recently surfaced that the game, which will be announced Sunday AFTER the Capcom Cup, will be a complete reboot of the series proper. Further information suggests that the game will depart from the 3v3 of its predecessors and adopt a 2v2 format not unlike the original Marvel vs. Capcom. The same information also suggests that you control one fighter and one assist.

If this is a reboot of the series proper, then the decision, howbeit dumb one, of not including any X-Men characters is now a smart one.

I feel one of them is about the new Spider man game, that will probably be a PS4 exclusive and potentially MVC4, but it could also be the remaster which people have demanded for some time.

I wonder who's going to be the final boss of MVCI? We had Onslaught, Apocalypse, Cyber-Akuma, Abyss, and Galactus so I think Capcom should make the final boss a Capcom character.

I wonder who's going to be the final boss of MVCI? We had Onslaught, Apocalypse, Cyber-Akuma, Abyss, and Galactus so I think Capcom should make the final boss a Capcom character.
I suspect it will be some form of Sigma. I found evidence on facebook that it is him, but nothing too overly conclusive.

OP update: Though it is more of a wishlist picks, I'm adding Black Panther, Loki and Thanos to the Marvel side as Rumored picks.

How was Sigma ever confirmed? It would be nice if they tapped Blackheart again. I think that would be on my wishlist though. In the back of my mind this game would be like TvC but with gems....

Last edited:
How was Sigma ever confirmed? It would be nice if they tapped Blackheart again. I think that would be on my wishlist though. In the back of my mind this game would be like TvC but with gems....
Sigma was never confirmed but rather rumored. All of the rumored characters are in italics in the OP.

Speaking of which, there are more rumored characters that are appearing on the list as of this post, courtesy of our friends at EGM.

MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.
Alot of characters seem out of place.

I don't trust Capcom with this one... Newer games have been unable to keep up with their predecessor's legacy, in the search of appealing the masses instead of hardcore fans.

We said that about UMVC3. After messing around with the mechanics for 10 years (?), we probably demanded another game. I just like the throw-back to the 2v2 concept.

Apparently, the leak has been debunked.....
I was hoping for some characters on that list. Except for the 3s boss...

Last edited:
MARVEL: Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant Character), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doctor Doom.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Edward Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West.
Alot of characters seem out of place.

Some of those SF picks are pandering to the lowest common denominator because they're famous esport pros on the SF circuit.

Back