TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
https://www.motor1.com/news/383492/maserati-new-car-spy-shots/

la-nuova-super-sportiva-maserati-foto-spia.jpg

la-nuova-super-sportiva-maserati-foto-spia.jpg

maserati-sports-car-spy-shots31.jpg

maserati-sports-car-spy-shots4-copy.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/20/maserati-next-car-spy-photos-mid-engine/

Not much is known other than the fact that it was first announced on a roadmap a while ago and that it'll use a completely in-house engine since their contract with Ferrari has ended and won't be renewed. It is rumored to be a midengine V6.

masertai-s-new-product-roadmap-reveals-an-electrified-future.jpg

Looks similar proportions to the Alfa Romeo 4C. It'll be interesting to see this when the camo comes off.

Maserati reveals the "100% Maserati" Nettuno twin turbo V6, however, if you take a closer look, you'll notice it shares a lot of parts with the Ferrari F154 V8

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a33078911/maserati-nettuno-v6-part-sharing/

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1593637429745-small-16621-maseratinettunoengine.jpg

The Nettuno specs list a 90-degree angle for the engine, a match for the F154. A cursory glance of the rear also shows a layout that is very similar to Ferrari's V-8. The 88mm bore and 82mm stroke are a direct match for the F154 as found in the SF90 Stradale. The rev limit of 8,000 RPM is also a match for the SF90, which leads us to believe that development of the Nettuno may have started by removing two cylinders from that engine. The firing order of 1-6-3-4-2-5 for the Nettuno is also the same as the firing order of the F154-based V-6 found in Alfa Romeo vehicles.

The most apparent connection to the F154 can be seen from the rear. The bottom right corner of the rear cover uses the same bolt pattern and flanges on the side of the block, similarly placed to the Ferrari engine. The same crankshaft position sensor and mounting can also be seen in the valley of the engine.

The Nettuno does run an 11:1 compression ratio which does not match any Ferrari engine, and that is likely due to the head design. The heads are unique and appear to be a completely new development by Maserati. They feature dual spark plugs and a “pre-chamber,” which is a small combustion chamber that is connected to the traditional combustion chamber by a series of uniquely designed holes. This “pre-chamber” system is based on Formula One technology.

While the cylinder head design is unique and the patent shows that Maserati has done large scale development on its own, the engine has a large basis on the F154 V-8. The big difference now is that this new engine will be assembled by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, not by Ferrari. That also means that other bits around the engine have been borrowed from the FCA stable. One of these items clearly visible is the A/C compressor, part number 50537067, a direct match for the unit found on the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio models. There's even an Alfa Romeo logo visible on it. The alternator is also visible as Denso part number 670050552, another part directly from the Alfa Romeo vehicles.

While Maserati has done significant development in-house, particularly with the novel head design, it's clear that the engine has roots in the Ferrari F154. While parts of this engine are unique and certainly "100% Maserati," the entire engine is not.

It's got the profile on an enlarged Alfa Romeo 4C (which I now realise has been said earlier on :lol:).

I will say that shade of blue teased under the camo look interesting!

Looks different than the one in the OP.

I have a feeling that car was a chopped up Alfa Romeo 4C being used as a drivetrain mule - you can even see the shape of the 4C door feeding into the 4C inlet just beside a much larger inlet.

The nearer the mules get to being production ready, the more it's looking like a Ferrari 458. Proportionally at least.

Looks similar proportions to the Alfa Romeo 4C. It'll be interesting to see this when the camo comes off.

Same platform, supposedly, but that's difficult when the 4C is basically a bespoke shell (iirc). Bespoke Maserati engine, hmm.

Want to see a GT3 version. Looks neat.
And GT4 version. I love the GranTurismo GT4, but it's old(unless there's something I haven't heard about a new Maserati FR Sports coupe).

Damnit! Now I want to see a new style BiTurbo.

Want to see a GT3 version. Looks neat.
Probably would race in GT4. The engine is just the 488s engine but smaller, so it would basically be an underpowered/more highly strung 488 GT3. Who would pick pick it? Not to mention it would be stepping on their stablemate’s toes.

Back