Master A-4

  • Thread starter Thread starter bhradnshat
  • 4 comments
  • 266 views
Messages
1
United States
United States
I have a complaint regarding the Master A-4 test in the National A section.

As a player and a customer who valued your game enough to purchase it, I am asking you, please, if you are going to include a challenge or a test in the game, I beg you to try it yourselves at least once beforehand. I am sincerely begging you to do this.

I have spent over 17 hours on this test, and I honestly do not even know how many times I have attempted to complete it with a Gold result. Last night, I became unwell due to the severe heart palpitations caused by the pressure I was experiencing from this challenge, and I was unable to sleep properly. This morning, I went to the hospital and was given an IV drip. I can even show you the needle mark as proof.

This test is absolutely not up to standard, and it is also completely obvious that the tutorial video for this challenge was made using AI. (After spending more than 17 hours with one car on a 30-second track, I can understand this very well.)

Once again, I am desperately begging you: if you are going to include a test or a challenge in the game, please try it yourselves at least once to make sure that it is actually achievable, so that what happened to me does not happen to anyone else.
 
As a player and a customer who valued your game enough to purchase it, I am asking you, please,
It's not our game and we can't make any changes to it. GTPlanet is an independent media site with no role in the development of or support for any Gran Turismo title.
I have spent over 17 hours on this test, and I honestly do not even know how many times I have attempted to complete it with a Gold result. Last night, I became unwell due to the severe heart palpitations caused by the pressure I was experiencing from this challenge, and I was unable to sleep properly. This morning, I went to the hospital and was given an IV drip. I can even show you the needle mark as proof.
Gran Turismo is unlikely to cause any serious health issues. However, subjecting yourself to unnecessary pressure in attempting to get pixels of a better colour can cause existing underlying health conditions to manifest and worsen. I'd suggest a more significant investigation into this.
This test is absolutely not up to standard, and it is also completely obvious that the tutorial video for this challenge was made using AI. (After spending more than 17 hours with one car on a 30-second track, I can understand this very well.)

Once again, I am desperately begging you: if you are going to include a test or a challenge in the game, please try it yourselves at least once to make sure that it is actually achievable, so that what happened to me does not happen to anyone else.
I don't really know what "made using AI" means in this context. The AI in Gran Turismo are crap, and all of the Tutorial videos, demonstrations, and ghost runs are created by a single, human driver at Polyphony Digital - and they're not only doable by humans but several humans have beaten the gold time by more than a second.

I don't really recall MA4 being particularly awful. Maybe the recent physics change has shaken things up a bit, but the leaderboards only show times achieved since then (they're wiped with every big physics update) and the top time is 6.5% faster than gold.

We do have a thread for help with licence, missions, circuit experiences and the like. Perhaps you could post a video of your best lap in there and seek advice from others here?


 
you need to practice tokyo, its one of the worst parts but it's doable .. here's my attempt, I don't recall it took too much time, it's definitely not master S8 which was very difficult for me..



TC on 3 ..
 
Just done this one on current physics so you have a modern reference. More than doable, the car really doesn't want to turn under any pedal input so get your braking done early to pivot it in - and keep it in 4th to minimise wheelspin whilst you follow my/the ghosts line.

Done on controller too.

 
Just done this one on current physics so you have a modern reference. More than doable, the car really doesn't want to turn under any pedal input so get your braking done early to pivot it in - and keep it in 4th to minimise wheelspin whilst you follow my/the ghosts line.

Done on controller too.


tokio layouts really rewards coasting.. I'd suggest anyone who struggles with this one to do CEs on Tokio Central both layouts to figure how that approach needs to be different
 
Back