Master list of the cars with best (most accurate) engine sounds in GT6

Which from the list is your favourite?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Nowhere special
SweetLilPoppet
SweetLilPoppet
Nothing that I know of exists like this yet, so I thought it would be a good idea to start it now. The list will be useful for people who want to drive the better sounding cars in GT6
I will need any help I can listing all of the cars, as I will most likely forget some, or not even know about a few :lol:

Okay, so here are the ones I will start with:
-Pagani Zonda C12
-Pagani Zonda C12s
-Pagani Zonda C12s 7.3
-Honda HSV-010 GT
-Mercedes SLS AMG
-Lotus 97t
-Lexus LFA
-Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package
-LCC Rocket
-Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
-Ferrari Dino 246 GT
-BMW M3 E92
-Lamborghini Countach LP400
-Cizeta V16T
-Aston Martin V12 Vantage
-Audi R8 V10
-Lamborghini Gallardo LP560
-Mercedes SL 55 AMG
-Ferrari F40
-Ferrari 288 GTO
-Ferrari 458 Italia
-Jaguar XKR-S
-Mercedes C63 AMG
-VW Samba Bus
-VW Beetle 1200
-Mazda 787B
-Ferrari F430
-Toyota Supra 3.0
-Honda NSX Type R '02
-Tesla Model S (this ones a bit controversial ;) )
-Ferrari 599 GTB
-Dodge Viper SRT10 MK2 coupe
-Dodge Viper SRT10 MK2 Convertible
-Nissan Skyline R32
-Nissan Skyline R33
-Nissan Skyline R34
-Shelby GT350
-Shelby GT350 R
-Honda Integra Type R DC5
-BMW M5
-Nissan GTR GT3
-Mazda AZ1 Autozam
-Alfa Brera v6
-caterham fireblade

As I said, please help me with some more cars for the list, and remeber, accurate sounds are preferable.
Also, if you feel any of the cars on my list currently should not be there, please let me know.

Also, could any suggestions be backed up with some videos if possible, thanks :D

Last edited:
I'd say the SLR McLaren is quite good. The LMP Diesel Prototypes are accurate enough too. I mean the R18 and the 908.

Also the Mark IV GT40 has great sound. And the Shelby GT500 sounds nice as well.

I'd say the SLR McLaren is quite good. The LMP Diesel Prototypes are accurate enough too. I mean the R18 and the 908.

Also the Mark IV GT40 has great sound. And the Shelby GT500 sounds nice as well.
Slr uses the c63 sample. IRL, it's closer to the c63
Gt should have used the sl 55 sound for the slr as they have the same engine.

How did the Alfa 8C get on the list? It has the most unbelievably thin and reedy sounding engine in-game, with almost none of the crackle and burble the real car has. Granted, it does sound reasonably good up to about 3,000rpm (and similar to the sound you can hear on start-up), but beyond that (which is you'll spend the most time, it's clear it's using a very short sample stretched and pitched-up to match the revs. Why can PDI get the sound right at low revs and not beyond it? Absolutely baffling... :crazy:

Edit: I do apologise if this comes across as a bit forceful! :lol:

It's just that I think it's one of the best sounding cars in the world, and is so unbelievably disappointing in-game.

How did the Alfa 8C get on the list? It has the most unbelievably thin and reedy sounding engine in-game, with almost none of the crackle and burble the real car has. Granted, it does sound reasonably good up to about 3,000rpm (and similar to the sound you can hear on start-up), but beyond that (which is you'll spend the most time, it's clear it's using a very short sample stretched and pitched-up to match the revs. Why can PDI get the sound right at low revs and not beyond it? Absolutely baffling... :crazy:

Edit: I do apologise if this comes across as a bit forceful! :lol:

It's just that I think it's one of the best sounding cars in the world, and is so unbelievably disappointing in-game.
It's weak, but the sound that is there is accurate. I get your pain though.... :)

Peugeot 908's sound isn't even remotely accurate. Search "Peugeot 908 sound" on YouTube. The 2010 version in-game doesn't sound like the V12 engine from 2010, nor does it sound like the 2011 version of the car either.

Peugeot 908's sound isn't even remotely accurate. Search "Peugeot 908 sound" on YouTube. The 2010 version in-game doesn't sound like the V12 engine from 2010, nor does it sound like the 2011 version of the car either.

the lotus 97t is the same, sounds much to metallic in gt6.
it sound great regarding the overall sound quality of gt6, but no where near reallife, ask the people who had seen it @ gfos2012

Sorry would have to totally disagree with the Rocket being on that list, sounds nothing like a 5 valve inline 4 FZR1000 motor.

Ah, the Caterham Fireblade sounds great! ;)

I hope you are joking, again nothing like the 918cc CBR900 motor.

I have ridden both of the bikes where these motors come from and there is no comparisson I am afraid.

the lotus 97t is the same, sounds much to metallic in gt6.
it sound great regarding the overall sound quality of gt6, but no where near reallife, ask the people who had seen it @ gfos2012
It sounds very close. I don't get why some don't think so.
Seriously, it's like the real thing.....

Last edited:
Sorry would have to totally disagree with the Rocket being on that list, sounds nothing like a 5 valve inline 4 FZR1000 motor.

I hope you are joking, again nothing like the 918cc CBR900 motor.

I have ridden both of the bikes where these motors come from and there is no comparisson I am afraid.

For Gran Turismo standards it's good, or do you want this list to be completely empty because no car in game sounds 100% accurate. The Catheram is ok sounding, not perfect accuracy, still good enough.

For Gran Turismo standards it's good, or do you want this list to be completely empty because no car in game sounds 100% accurate. The Catheram is ok sounding, not perfect accuracy, still good enough.

Here's one I'd put on the list, the NSX Type-R:

Not bad, imo.

I agree on both accounts here. While they sound a bit sterile, the basic sound is indeed accurate.

Add to the list: SRT Viper GTS 2013, SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe.

It sounds very close. I don't get why some don't think so.
Seriously, it's like the real thing.....

have you heared it at gfos 2012? or is your reference youtube/tv compressed ****??

never the less we should not forget that everyone hears a little different and with the age the bandwith your ears are able to hear reduces quite heavily(thats because the external ear grows lifelong, to counter that effect^^)
so in a certain degree it is a subjective feeling anyway, in a case like "what pattern your brain remembered of that sound and expect to hear"
my dad hearing it only on tv will never agree with me what it was like in gfos for example, even if he would have heared it, simple to the fact his brain just remembers for the lotus the tv sound he heared for years.

and well, some guys remember it different(or just take yt/tv reference) than other

so enough anatomy and psychology for today ;)

Back