Master list of the cars with best (most accurate) engine sounds in GT6

Which from the list is your favourite?

• Total voters
I've discussed this several times, and I'll say it again: real car sounds in GT get spoiled/modified/changed when you change the stock exhaust. That sucks imo.

I've discussed this several times, and I'll say it again: real car sounds in GT get spoiled/modified/changed when you change the stock exhaust. That sucks imo.

Pretty much always, yeah, very rarely do the custom exhaust still sound good.

Pretty much always, yeah, very rarely do the custom exhaust still sound good.
The racing exhaust gives many cars a horrible metallic, electronic sound. However some of the sports exhausts do make some cars sound better. Don't know about accurate, but better.

Peugeot 908's sound isn't even remotely accurate. Search "Peugeot 908 sound" on YouTube. The 2010 version in-game doesn't sound like the V12 engine from 2010, nor does it sound like the 2011 version of the car either.

Agreed, they're nothing like the real cars. Internal sounds aren't right and external sounds are too loud compared to the wind/tyre noise. Having been to Silverstone loads of times for the 1000km/6 hour race and heard the cars on their own in qualifying they're not at all accurate in game.

The racing exhaust gives many cars a horrible metallic, electronic sound. However some of the sports exhausts do make some cars sound better. Don't know about accurate, but better.

Some sound quite nice, the race exhaust on the '00 V6 Clio makes a really nice noise. Quite a lot of cars end up sounding the same though which is a shame.

Yeah, Typically I want a good street sound so I NEVER go past sports exhaust in GT6, and I usually swap out the headers and catalytic converter as well. I think that's realistic tbh, because irl racing exhaust, especially titanium has a pretty distinctive note.....or sound quality, not sure the right term. Just very metallic.

But pretty much every car I buy in GT6 I bring to a track and try out every exhaust combination to find the best combo for each car. I don't recall specifics off the top of my head, but some sound best all stock.

I think GT has pretty accurate "over-TV" sounds. They pretty much sound like they do when I see the cars on TV, recorded by microphones, played back over speakers. Like the GT3-500 cars and sports car racing cars, whenever I actually get to see those races on TV, I think they sound EXACTLY like they do in GT5/6.......which is really no distinctive sound at all from the in car cameras aside from the high pitched whine of a racing transmission, that's all I hear watching those cars race on TV.....which GT seems to have down-pat.

It's just the low-end sounds, and the imperfections of real life GT is missing in it's car sounds. I will always remember one or two patches after GT5 2.0, they changed how the sound files were played back obviously, and everything sounded amazing, deep, dirty and imperfect. Like the 787b literally sounded like the fabric of reality was being torn. I was like yeah, this is what I'm talking about for sound in GT. But in the next update it was gone and never came back.

They need to bring back that mysterious piece of code permanently, though GT6 is slowly getting back there. Car sound in GT6 is WAY better now than it was at launch and it got most of that fairly recently. But still nowhere NEAR where it was in that particular GT5 patch.

The real annoying part for me is that it's obviously something easily changed in the audio playback code. Because you can hear fairly accurate exhaust sound for pretty much every car in the game when you select them from your garage and they start up and sometimes rev-up. Why does it sound so good and accurate in that 1-2 second audio sample, but sound completely different when you actually use the car? It just makes no sense. PD is missing SOMEthing so simple, which they bullseyed once, but then took away in the following patch.

Hmmm, now I wish I submitted that in the ask Kaz forum. I would have liked to ask what was it about that particular GT5 patch that made the sound so amazing, and why didn't they keep it when sound tends to be their fan's biggest complaint?

Yeah, Typically I want a good street sound so I NEVER go past sports exhaust in GT6, and I usually swap out the headers and catalytic converter as well. I think that's realistic tbh, because irl racing exhaust, especially titanium has a pretty distinctive note.....or sound quality, not sure the right term. Just very metallic.

But pretty much every car I buy in GT6 I bring to a track and try out every exhaust combination to find the best combo for each car. I don't recall specifics off the top of my head, but some sound best all stock.

I think GT has pretty accurate "over-TV" sounds. They pretty much sound like they do when I see the cars on TV, recorded by microphones, played back over speakers. Like the GT3-500 cars and sports car racing cars, whenever I actually get to see those races on TV, I think they sound EXACTLY like they do in GT5/6.......which is really no distinctive sound at all from the in car cameras aside from the high pitched whine of a racing transmission, that's all I hear watching those cars race on TV.....which GT seems to have down-pat.

It's just the low-end sounds, and the imperfections of real life GT is missing in it's car sounds. I will always remember one or two patches after GT5 2.0, they changed how the sound files were played back obviously, and everything sounded amazing, deep, dirty and imperfect. Like the 787b literally sounded like the fabric of reality was being torn. I was like yeah, this is what I'm talking about for sound in GT. But in the next update it was gone and never came back.

They need to bring back that mysterious piece of code permanently, though GT6 is slowly getting back there. Car sound in GT6 is WAY better now than it was at launch and it got most of that fairly recently. But still nowhere NEAR where it was in that particular GT5 patch.

The real annoying part for me is that it's obviously something easily changed in the audio playback code. Because you can hear fairly accurate exhaust sound for pretty much every car in the game when you select them from your garage and they start up and sometimes rev-up. Why does it sound so good and accurate in that 1-2 second audio sample, but sound completely different when you actually use the car? It just makes no sense. PD is missing SOMEthing so simple, which they bullseyed once, but then took away in the following patch.

Hmmm, now I wish I submitted that in the ask Kaz forum. I would have liked to ask what was it about that particular GT5 patch that made the sound so amazing, and why didn't they keep it when sound tends to be their fan's biggest complaint?
You should mention it in the sound update thread in the q&a, and then make your own thread.

The Zondas in GT3 and 4 sounded awesome, and were near identical to the real thing. Don't know about GT5/6 though. Can anyone give a heads up of what they're like?

If it was on the list, I'd vote on the '66 Shelby Cobra. Definitely the best sounding car in the game IMO, and very accurate to real life with stock exhaust. Mean as hell with race exhaust too.

It's just that I think it's pretty good, and am a little surprised to hear someone say it's "garbage" lol

It does come decently close to the real thing:

It's not perfect, of course. Most games get the zonda sound wrong.

The best one I've heard is this:

@fortbo, beat me to it, I see :lol:

It sounds very close. I don't get why some don't think so.
Seriously, it's like the real thing.....

It sounds better in-game than it does in the replay. It sounds better than I thought it would do, but I think it could do with being a bit louder and coarser.

It's just that I think it's pretty good, and am a little surprised to hear someone say it's "garbage" lol

It does come decently close to the real thing:

It's not perfect, of course. Most games get the zonda sound wrong.

The best one I've heard is this:

@fortbo, beat me to it, I see :lol:

Nah, I still think it sounds like garbage. If you compare the Lotus 97T to the real thing, you can tell it's accurate. However, the Zonda in GT6 doesn't sound right to me. I just can't put my finger on it..

Nah, I still think it sounds like garbage. If you compare the Lotus 97T to the real thing, you can tell it's accurate. However, the Zonda in GT6 doesn't sound right to me. I just can't put my finger on it..
It's got a lacking bass, and hissy sound at high rpm??

And what @dQuim said.

Back