Master list of the cars with best (most accurate) engine sounds in GT6

Which from the list is your favourite?

• Total voters
I'll tell you what gt3 is pretty close: the gtr.
Has that low powerful almost flat 6 sound of the real one
(There is an odd v8 rumble lower in the rpm, just stay above it and happy sailing :))

I noticed that too after watching some videos of it in real life. The sound is great for PD. Love the downshift sound too

I'll tell you what gt3 is pretty close: the gtr.
302_3.jpg

Try these two:

Seems they replicated the outside sound better
The real car has an unmistakable 120 degree impulse chain though (two of them in fact).
The GT6 version uses what is recognizable as an old 4 cylinder Toyota exhaust sample that has been here since GT3.

The GT version is far too synthetic, too digital and flat. The real video is much more throaty, more dynamic and alive as you would expect.

Perhaps the poster is referring to the slightly different bizarre engine note of the new Youtube GT Academy GTR?

This is wrong. No car before gt5 used this sample, not even similar to it.
The GT3 GTR uses at least two different (overlapping) samples for different rev ranges, the most prominent one (at high revs) is the one in question. It does have something sounding remotely 6 cylinder'ish down low, mixed with the old 4 cylinder sample.

Anyway, the whole point here is the fact that I can't identify the GT6 - GT3 GTR as a V6.
The real car, weird as it does sound with its individual sidepipes, essentially making it two parallel straight 3's with a 60 degree phase shift, is easily identifiable as being a 120 degree crank design.
The GT6 version does not, at any revs, sound like a 120 degree crank.

I'd like to propose the Pagani Huayra. It sounds pretty damn good if you ask me, it even has the little whine the real car has.

The thing that bothers me about the sound and how replicated it is when say looking at the Zonda is the difference in the delay in real life between switching gears. I can't be sure but i feel like the majority of the cars in the game feel like they are either paddle shifting or you are the best manual driver known to man.

Note on the Huayra, agree it sounds a lot like the gallardo but with a turbo whine. Watching videos back to back between real life and GT can be depressing. Hence i try not to.

One of the major problems with GT's sounds and related physics is gear-shifting, in GT they're instantaneous on all cars, both hypercars and cars that are a half a century old. In fact in GT gear shift happen faster than even double clutch transmissions allow in the real world. In other games the various transmissions are modelled accurately so a Jaguar E-type sure as hell doesn't change gears as fast as an XKR-S.

I think it should've been multiple choice. For me it's got to be the Cizeta. It has got to be probably the most accurate sample in the game since GT4. Here's a proof

Remember it's a game and there might be a bit of looping and stuff, but they could've not gotten it better in my humble opinion.

Honorable mentions would be the Pagani Zonda C12, C12s and C12s 7.3, the Vipers except the older one, Lexus LFA, Lotus 97t, VW Beetle and its other Boxer 4 brothers, the V8 AMG Mercs, BMW M5, M3 E92, Z8, Lotus Esprit, and others.

Last edited:
If the Huayra sounds like a Gallardo then it must mean that it doesn't sound like a V12.
It does sound like a V12, just has a hint of a rather low pitched Gallardo to it. The rest of the sample is there and it's nice is my point, it just has that little annoying aspect of the sound. The entire selection of V12 Lambos that come after the Diablos are blatantly Gallardo like.

I insist, it does sound abit like a lower pitched Gallardo, but otherwise it's pretty good.

I thought it was the same sample, but it is indeed a bit different. Still nothing like a V12. I think the Zonda C12 has the best V12 sample and they should've used it in the V12 Lambos.

It does sound close, not perfect but close. But I don't want to start an argument...

No. The racing GT-R's sound nothing like they should. Their sample doesn't even sound like 6 cylinder. The only racing GT-R's that are quite spot on are the Super GT ones.

I thought it was the same sample, but it is indeed a bit different. Still nothing like a V12. I think the Zonda C12 has the best V12 sample and they should've used it in the V12 Lambos.
The Lambo V12s aren't like the AMG V12s in the sound department, they would sound worse if they used the Zonda sample on them. The Lambo V12s have a really high pitch to them at the top ranges and sound more aggressive.

The Lambo V12s aren't like the AMG V12s in the sound department, they would sound worse if they used the Zonda sample on them. The Lambo V12s have a really high pitch to them at the top ranges and sound more aggressive.

It does sound closer than the sample they have now. I'm talking about the stock exhaust. There is something quite not right about that sound. It doesn't sound right on the Gallardo, and it doesn't sound right on it's modified version that the V12 Lambos have.

I don't know who takes care of these things in PD but it it obviously someone that has no clue about what they are doing. Proof is how they have ruined some cars that were right in GT4.

It does sound closer than the sample they have now. I'm talking about the stock exhaust. There is something quite not right about that sound. It doesn't sound right on the Gallardo, and it doesn't sound right on it's modified version that the V12 Lambos have.

I don't know who takes care of these things in PD but it it obviously someone that has no clue about what they are doing. Proof is how they have ruined some cars that were right in GT4.
PD has quite the mess with the V12 powered cars. Very few of them sound accurate-ish, like the Huayra. And even the Huayra's too high pitched and almost sounds like a V10.

Last edited:
PD has quite the mess with the V12 powered cars. Very few of them sound accurate-ish, like the Huayra. And even the Huayra's too high pitched and almost sounds like a V10.

The Huayra is one of those sample that start out perfectly and then is like they fill in with some other random sample for some reason. It does sound like a V10 at higher revs, while at idle and low revs it sounds almost like the real thing :/

One of the major problems with GT's sounds and related physics is gear-shifting, in GT they're instantaneous on all cars, both hypercars and cars that are a half a century old. In fact in GT gear shift happen faster than even double clutch transmissions allow in the real world. In other games the various transmissions are modelled accurately so a Jaguar E-type sure as hell doesn't change gears as fast as an XKR-S.

For me that would be more important than more accurate sounds. I love that bit of a lull between gears. So nice in a game like Asetto Corsa and how you have to take your foot off the gas briefly.

Back