MasterGT's GT7 Arias

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 131 comments
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm 2020

Feedback from other critical drivers using this aria has been positive. A 650 PP aria is in the works. Anyone interested in a reduced weight aria?

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-suspension.jpg
Just had to come back to say thank you so much for this tune. I have been redoing every 600pp race out there and loving every second of driving this tamed beast. Bravo!

And in answer to your question, yes, I would love to see a fully lightened 700pp tune with Racing Hards.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) 1973 [580 PP]

This enhanced aria is specifically designed to win the Historic Sportscar Masters series, with a maximum of 580 PP.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-580-suspension.jpg
And whilst I am here, may I also say "wow" for this tune.

Since I have had this car, this is the first car I dive into when I log on and do my 26.6 miles for the voucher.

A quick 5 laps of Spa and a lap of the Nurburgring gets you that 3 star card with an invitation you don't want, a car you don't need and a little pile of coins that won't even buy you a new set of wheels. But so much fun.

I did find her a bit skittish coming off the brakes but I am probably not progressive enough with my L2 button. I dialled the acceleration sensitivity right down to 10 which probably took a 10th off here or there but more than made up for it in predictability for my style and limitations.

Thanks for your compliments. I appreciate your confidence in my tuning. I can't test for using a DS controller, so I am glad that you can make them work for you.

Some of my favorite tunes are coming from MasterGT. Love the NSX, 73 911, Alpine A110, and Giulia. Just bought a Clio to give it a shot…a car I didn’t plan on owning again based on previous experience. These tunes don’t numb or take away the natural feel of the car…just enhance it enough to give more confidence and driving enjoyment without making everything feel fake or like a race car.

Some of my favorite tunes are coming from MasterGT. Love the NSX, 73 911, Alpine A110, and Giulia. Just bought a Clio to give it a shot…a car I didn’t plan on owning again based on previous experience. These tunes don’t numb or take away the natural feel of the car…just enhance it enough to give more confidence and driving enjoyment without making everything feel fake or like a race car.
Thanks, TrackBound7!

I try to keep the cars close to their natural base weight and power, just tune them to make them safer and more enjoyable to drive. Most of these arias are reversible without permanent modifications, too, if you don't like them.

Re: the Alpine A110 - I love that car, too, very enjoyable to drive and it is competitive against a lot of other cars.

Last edited:
RUF CTR3 2007

If you can contain yourself while driving this powerful car, you will get along with it very well. It isn't entirely point-and-shoot, but it is close to that. You must be careful getting on the accelerator on exits.

The car is light on the front end, so I added a bit of weight, but you can also use a bit of trailbraking, to load the front tires when traversing certain curves, to lessen its understeer. Trailbraking is very effective with this car.

RUF-CTR3-2007-suspension.jpg

RUF-CTR3-2007-gears.jpg

RUF-CTR3-2007-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
MAZDA Roadster NR-A (ND) 2022

This enhanced aria brings the recent 2022 Roadster up to 450 PP retaining its naturally aspirated nature and its Comfort Soft tires. No turbo, no supercharger. The 21 added horse power are still well within the capabilities of the tires, but you also now have to keep even more control of the rear end of the car. Don't worry, you can handle it.

MAZDA-Roadster-NR-A-NA-2022-suspension.jpg

MAZDA-Roadster-NR-A-NA-2022-gears.jpg

MAZDA-Roadster-NR-A-NA-2022-power-curves.jpg

MAZDA-Roadster-NR-A-NA-2022-parts-1.jpg

MAZDA-Roadster-NR-A-NA-2022-parts2.jpg

Peugeot VGT Gr.3

This interesting Gr.3 car is a bit thirsty for fuel compared to tires usage. It also doesn't seem to wash out the front tires much, for an MR car. I can see why drivers like it so much.

Peugeot-VGT-Gr-3-suspension.jpg

Peugeot-VGT-Gr-3-suspension.jpg

Peugeot-VGT-Gr-3-power-curves.jpg

Peugeot-VGT-Gr-3-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Honda S660 2015

Because the S660 is such a low PP car, it will take a long time to stress the car and tires enough to be able to tune it better than default. The gears are adjusted for the top speed on the longest tracks, so feel free to manage expectations for each track. It takes a while to reach top speed.

Honda-S660-suspension.jpg

Honda-S660-gears.jpg

Honda-S660-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Master
What are your thoughts re 1.31?
I am away with work right now and was looking forward to getting home and strapping on your enhanced 580pp ‘73 RS… I do hope it still is as much fun.

Also, any progress on an enhanced Alfa Gtam for 700pp racing. I love that beast at 600pp and can only hope it is as much fun with RH and extra weight loss.

1.31: I haven't had a chance to deep dive into it much, to see how much my old arias need updating. For sure, tires are more slippery, so watch your exits.

I am also not going to be able to tune for the next 10-14 days or so. When I can I will get back to the Alfa Romeo.

Porsche 959 1987

The Porsche 959 is not your normal car. It has power, but not a lot of it. It has weight, but it isn't outrageously heavy, therefore the selection of Medium tires for our MNR races. You must practice braking early and only braking hard in a straight line. Pushing your luck with late-braking will hurt your times. If you are sliding through the apex, then you will be slow and a danger to other drivers. Manage your braking so that you are entering curves relatively slower than with most cars. If you are sliding a bit, then a little acceleration while still braking can help to control it. Use the gearing and 4WD to pull the 959 out of the curves. Your times will go down considerably, not up. Adjust the Vectoring Differential to your liking. Again, it is adjusted here to pull, but it isn't 50/50 because there already is enough understeer and adding more would only make exits trickier.

I did everything that I could to control the rear-end. With this tune, it handles pretty well on a variety of tracks, including Nordschleife, although you need to be careful with a couple of curbs and, of course, to manage expectations through Tiergarten.

An enhanced 959 aria, maybe around 600 PP, could be interesting.

Porsche-959-1987-suspension.jpg

Porsche-959-1987-gears.jpg

Porsche-959-1987-power-curves.jpg

Porsche-959-1987-brake-controller.jpg

Last edited:
When you have a moment I would be very interested in seeing what you would do with the 930 Turbo, enhanced.

I love this car and have been building a 934 Le Mans car with the help of @Krusdev.

77F3D250-A74D-464D-9116-9C161DB5185E.jpeg

My plan is to build 20 different 934’s for a custom race series, some Le Mans Gr.4’s maybe a few Tour de France spec and some IMSA ones too.

The Gr.4 class had the following stats…
  • 1,390kg
  • 480 bhp (358 kW) 3-litre, flat-six engine (in 1977, modifications took it to 550bhp)
I would like to get the car as close to this as possible. All 20 will use Race Hard tires and will be used at Spa, Nurburgring, Le Mans, Watkins, Interlagos, and Suzuka.

I love your tunes which make the cars smooth and predictabl, a trait I will need when doing hour long races in the dark against 19 other 934s!

Last edited:
Mazda Mazda3 2019

The Mazda3 is a pretty heavy 4WD car that gets noticeable front tire wear, especially on the outside front tire. With a bit of braking finesse and a good line through curves, you can lessen the wear a bit, but, at this weight on the front end, it is at a disadvantage. The suspension was adjusted to slow the weight shift, but I didn't want to add too much understeer. The Mazda3 is a comfortable car to drive, if you know what you are getting into while trying to drive it at speed.

Mazda-Mazda3-suspension.jpg

Mazda-Mazda3-suspension-gears.jpg

Mazda-Mazda3-suspension-power-curves.jpg

Mazda-Mazda3-suspension-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT

This is another VGT car with incomplete tuning functions. It is a lightweight, short wheelbased FWD, but fun car. The full downforce on the front helps with the understeer and should help you control tire wear.

Daihatsu-Copen-RJ-VGT-suspension.jpg

Daihatsu-Copen-RJ-VGT-gears.jpg

Daihatsu-Copen-RJ-VGT-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Alpine VGT Race

The race car will test your ability to control your right foot. The torque is dangerous when passing the apex of a curve. I tried to mitigate its effects, but you still have to drive the car. Not too much power but very little weight gives the VGT Race a good punch. Not a lot of leeway to tune or enhance the car, but it isn't the worst one in GT7.

Be careful accelerating past an apex.

Alpine-VGT-Race-suspension.jpg

Alpine-VGT-Race-suspension-power-curves.jpg
Thank you so much! Now the car is drivable with great handling and very good fuel consumption. Easy win in Lemans

BMW M3 2003

This M3 is a torquey, heavy car, but this aria helps you control it. A little bit of trail-braking helps to load the front tires on off-camber curves. The aria helps to control weight shifting, but braking early will make your exits quicker. Coasting through certain apices can also help settle your car, but the stiffer springs do some of that, too.

BMW-M3-2003-suspension.jpg

BMW-M3-2003-gears.jpg

BMW-M3-2003-power-curves.jpg

BMW-M3-2003-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
NISSAN 180SX Type X 1996

The 180SX certainly benefits from good settings, but it is tricky to adjust on these tires, so don't consider this as a final tune. The Comfort Mediums keep the car on the edge, yes, but it is a good car to tame aggressive driving behaviour this way. Just enough power to get both the rear end and the front end in trouble, plus enough weight to give the brakes a hard time.The height could be lowered, a bit more, because weight-shift is an issue. Look at the power curves. Short-shifting benefits acceleration and fuel usage. I am shifting around 7K, or less, depending on a section of track.

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-suspension.jpg

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-gears.jpg

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-power-curves.jpg

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ220 1992

At less than 6 lbs per HP, the XJ220 is a relatively peppy car even though it weighs over 3000 lbs, so brake early. Being an MR, it has a bit of understeer, of course, but because of the HP, it you can also deliver some power understeer, too. You will feel it when it happens on the exits. Lots of power, but there is very little wheelspin because of all of that weight. The power curves indicate that there are no hidden surprises during acceleration, either. It takes well to a little trail braking, too, to load the front tires.

Jaguar-XJ220-suspension.jpg

Jaguar-XJ220-gearts.jpg

Jaguar-XJ220-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Ford Roadster

This tune makes this classic car very reliable, but you still have to be wary on the exits with worn tires. The gears stop tire spin on grid starts and they also help with fuel usage, probably even with automatic transmissions on some tracks. Use the power curves wisely. I added a bit of forward brake bias to help with rear tire wear. Try as I might, I could not get the Differential to work properly, by letting the inside tires slip first.

Ford-Roadster-suspension.jpg

Ford-Roadster-gears.jpg

Ford-Roadster-power-curves.jpg
Ford-Roadster-Brake-Balance.jpg
Excellent tune. Works well with the Coyote swap. I used all the bolt-on parts and weight reductions. Needed 200 ballast to keep the horsepower at 541hp. Lowered the ECU to 79. I set the final drive to 3.540, fourth gear speed to 330, first gear speed to 150, evenly spaced the rest.

At LeMans, it hits 190mph on FM1. With a little bit of fuel saving, you can get 3 laps on FM6.

A pleasant surprise. Thanks.

Renault R.S.01 GT3 (Gr.3) 2016

This tune is a general tune that also includes Blue Moon Bay Speedway. You will want to practice Turn #1, to make sure that your tune can handle it. Over time on an oval, outside tires will be an issue depending on the tire wear rate, but the R.S.01 stays in control with zero tires remaining.

Overall, this tune isn't too bad, but it still needs refining. Brake balance is to help with control during braking, but trail-braking certainly helps on some curves. The MR car is light on the front end, but understeer isn't too bad, as is.

Renault-R-S-01-GT3-Gr-3-suspension.jpg

Renault-R-S-01-GT3-Gr-3-gears.jpg

Renault-R-S-01-GT3-Gr-3-power-curves.jpg

Renault-R-S-01-GT3-Gr-3-brake-balance.jpg

Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge 2018

The Alphard is, currently, GT7's 4th heaviest vehicle, but it punches above its weight class (sorry for the pun) and it handles well. There is a lot of weightshift, of course, that needs to be controlled and this tune does its best. You still may find braking zones or certain corners that sets it off, so practice. Trail braking also can help and you can raise the brake balance towards the rear, if you wish.

Don't discount the Executive Lounge before you try it.

Toyota-Alphard-2016-suspension.jpg

Toyota-Alphard-2016-suspension.jpg

Toyota_Alphard_2016_brake_balance.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 1995

This is one of the last small, lightweight Evolution models. It was known to handle curves well. With the Vectoring Differential, exit performance can be changed. There are only 5 gears, so use them and the power curves well. Don't run up the revs.

With these settings, the GSR can be consistent and reliable, with a few caveats. Under certain conditions, such as braking while going down hills, you can easily lose control of the car, not just the rear end. To counteract the weighshift that unsettles the rear end, trailbraking and, at different times, using a little acceleration while braking keeps the rear end in control. Braking bias helps. Braking earlier, so that you don't have to brake hard, also will help control the car in entrances and mid-corners. No matter how I changed its front toe value (+1 to -0.04), tire wear remained exactly the same.

I found that the car was most consistent and reliable when using two-foot driving. I have no idea how useful this aria will be with a DS hand controller.

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-GSR-1995-suspension.jpg

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-GSR-1995-gears.jpg

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-GSR-1995-power-curves.jpg

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-GSR-1995-brake-balance.jpg

Aston Martin Valkyrie 2021

The first thing that you have to deal with this electric hybrid car is its massive downforce. It is so overwhelming that I can't feel its faults, to tune them out, therefore, until much more time is spent on trying to understand the handling, some settings remain at defaults. They aren't that bad. With the copious amount of power and not being able to install an FC Differential, you must use the throttle with care on exits. It is a point-and-shoot car. The braking isn't too bad. The default tires just aren't good enough on which to have fun, so I raised them up to Racing Hards, the same as PDI installed for their recent time trial in the Valkyrie.

The regen capabilities are very generous. If the track has enough braking zones, you may not run out of battery power.

Oddity: why does an electric hybrid have the sound effect of NOS when pressing the boost button? Very strange.

Aston-Martin-Valkyrie-2021-suspension.jpg

Aston-Martin-Valkyrie-2021-gears.jpg

Aston-Martin-Valkyrie-2021-power-curves.jpg

Aston-Martin-Valkyrie-2021-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Shelby G.T. 350 1965

This is a relatively lightweight car with a bit of Horse Power and lots of torque that ramps up quickly. Use the power curves wisely and you can be very consistent with it. I have tried to limit power oversteer, especially on exits, but you still have to drive the car carefully. Trail braking at around 25-30% through curves will really help control the rear end, too.

Shelby-G-T-350-1965-suspension.jpg

Shelby-G-T-350-1965-gears.jpg

Shelby-G-T-350-1965-power-curves.jpg

Shelby-G-T-350-1965-Brake-Controller.jpg

Last edited:
AUDI R8 4.2 2007

This is a fairly heavy AWD car, so it may take a while to get used to handling it. Brake early, especially braking into curves, unless you add a little acceleration. I have tried to control oversteer under heavy braking as much as possible , but there are limits to the adjustments.

With its weight, AWD, and differentials, the R8 pulls well out of curves. Very little understeer, but front tire wear will always be a problem. The power curves are a bit unusual, and short shift at the top end. The rear brake bias really helped under heavy braking.

AUDI-R8-4-2-2007-Suspension.jpg

AUDI_R8_4.2_2007_Gears.jpg

AUDI_R8_4.2_2007_Power_Curves.jpg

AUDI_R8_4.2_2007_Brake_Balance.jpg

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Gr.4

While a relatively heavy Gr.3 (yes, lots of others are the same weight), There is lots of torque and tire grip. At Big Willow, nothing alleviates the front, outside tire wear. These settings improve control of the car, its handling, and fuel usage. More time than normal was put into fine tuning the gears. It paid off in better control and fuel usage. The crossover point is 5,252 RPM and I set the top speed at 280 KPH @ ~7,000 RPM, so the power range begins a little before this. This leaves a little headroom for drafting. Short-shifting is highly recommended. So far, I feel no need for using the Brake Controller.

The Mustang Gr.3 is a fun, consistent, reliable car to drive.

Ford_Mustang_Gr.4_GT7_suspension.jpg

Ford_Mustang_Gr.4_GT7_gears.jpg

Ford_Mustang_Gr.4_GT7_power_curves.jpg

Ford_Mustang_Gr.4_brake_balance.jpg

Last edited:
Back