Matrix Reloaded, on DVD Today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Der Alta
  • 31 comments
  • 1,290 views

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,209
Messages
DerAlta
Yep, it comes out today. Guess where I'll be stopping on my way home?

As a further note, a little bit of trivia that I picked up on the net. Everything happens for a reason in a movie (well a good movie at least).

The license plate on Agent Smith's car is "IS 5416", or Isiah 54:16.

Isaiah 54:16
Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.


AO
 
You mean Matrix Reloaded right ?.... And over here it came out Friday. Haven't had a chance to watch it again (saw it back in early may when I was in Seattle) though...

Cheers

Edit: Pretty cool with the license plate 👍
 
OOps...Yep, meant "Reloaded".

And only three more weeks until Revolutions. :D

AO
 
I can't wait till Revolutions hits the theatres.. And with all this waiting and intermezzos (Reloaded, Enter the Matrix and Animatrix) the Wachowski brothers have put us through, they ****ing well better have a pretty good ending to the story :trouble:
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Yep, it comes out today.

AO

it came out here (UK) last week...its fantastic..i got it on the day it came out...10th Oct....:)
 
Don't forget the Comic book being released soon as well.

Yes indeed. The climax better answer many questions, and close the trilogy with very little left up in the air.

Although I could enjoy seeing a few more movies that fill in gaps. Such as "The First person to awaken to the Matrix" That was referred to in the first movie.

AO
 
Although I could enjoy seeing a few more movies that fill in gaps. Such as "The First person to awaken to the Matrix" That was referred to in the first movie.

I think that that was morpheus's lack of understanding of the cyclical nature of the one. I think that what he was talking about was the beginning of morpheus's version of the matrix and that the person that he was referring to was the previous "one".
 
Originally posted by danoff
I think that that was morpheus's lack of understanding of the cyclical nature of the one. I think that what he was talking about was the beginning of morpheus's version of the matrix and that the person that he was referring to was the previous "one".
An indepth exploration of the how and why of this one portion could expand into a number of other movies for the Matrix Franchise.

Started to watch it last night, only to get 3 phone calls, suffer computer problems, and then have to hit the hay early as I was up and moving at 3:30am today.

Ugh...

AO
 
finally saw the movie.it was amazing, way better than the first, i especially loved the freeway chase.i cant wait until the 3rd one comes out on dvd, i'm not gonna see it in the theatres cause i dont go more than a few times a year.
 
Originally posted by Chris Hendriks
i'm not gonna see it in the theatres cause i dont go more than a few times a year.
THen this is one movie worth going to see in the theatres. I saw Reloaded twice at a regular theatre and then again at the IMAX.

Canada's a tad bit large, so I'm not sure how close you are to Montreal. If you go to see Revolutions at a theatre, Head there to teh IMAX theatre.

AO
 
i still havent seen the second matrix movie, which is shameful considering i do work at the cinemas
 
Well, I picked it up yesterday along with Scarface. I haven't watched all the extras on either, but I intend to do so this weekend.
 
I have this on right now and so far it is incredibly stupid. I'm very disappointed.
 
Stupid? It was awesome. I'm thinking of getting this but I might hold out in case they release the trilogy together with a bunch of bonus crap.
 
Yes, stupid. Well, I ought to condition that. The greater theme of the movie is fine, but there was excessive fluff I could've done without. That whole thing near the beginning with the dancing and Trinity and Neo doing the tube-steak-boogie... pa-leeze. Another stuipid part was Neo's fight right after meeting with the Oracle. That should've been about one third the length it was. The movie should've been about one hour forty five minutes instead of two hours ten, with the sappy relationship crap and gratuitous sexuality omited since it didn't contribute to the story at all.
 
Originally posted by milefile
Yes, stupid. Well, I ought to condition that. The greater theme of the movie is fine, but there was excessive fluff I could've done without. That whole thing near the beginning with the dancing and Trinity and Neo doing the tube-steak-boogie... pa-leeze. Another stuipid part was Neo's fight right after meeting with the Oracle. That should've been about one third the length it was. The movie should've been about one hour forty five minutes instead of two hours ten, with the sappy relationship crap and gratuitous sexuality omited since it didn't contribute to the story at all.

I too could have done without the Dancing scene. As for Sex scene, it too could have been trimmed down. I think the most important part of that particluar scene was the fade out. Think back to the Renaissance and the images of Christ that were painted. Many of them depicted him beneath and arch. That was hoped I think the directors were trying to hint at.

As for MNeo's big fight after talking with the oracle, The Wachowski's had to do something that would upstage the action showcased in the first movie (bullet dodging and the Lobby scene). Unfortunately, they over did it.

I'm eagerly awaiting the final movie, mostly to answer the questions left from this movie.

AO
 
Originally posted by Lt.Doomsday
it was boring.even the highway scence wasn't that great.
I have to admit that the highway scene had me on the edge of my seat. I kept noticing myself relaxing, not really noticing that the scene had gotten me so tense.
 
The movie sucked on dvd.
Its formatted to fit your screen. :banghead:
It sucks as I have a 61 inch big screen with hdtv. :D
I guess they will come out with the widescreen version when they come out with the 3 pack set. :(
Oh well, good movie and love it as much as the first movie.
Gotta love the action in the second. ;)
Misnblu
 
The one I rented was not re-formated. It was in wide format.
 
Dang dude, where did you rent it from.
All the local places here have the formatted screen dvd. :banghead:
Oh well, I'll wait for the trilogy series and get all of the movies then. :D
Misnblu
 
I bought it yesterday. Was in the house on my own this evening, and the internet was out to dinner, so I watched it.

It's much better second time around. Whilst the fight scenes are a little too plentiful and too long, you really get a bunch of things in a repeat viewing that you miss first time around. I'm betting that the next time I watch it, I'm going to like it even more.

Oh, and it was in 2.35:1.
 
Thats the good thing about having a movie at home...you can skip stupid parts like the dancing. I watched the trailer for the 3rd movie...neo is blindfolded in one of the scenes...weird.

One thing that is surprising is that a copy hasn't been leaked yet (that I know of) NOrmally if a movie is filmed so far ahead of time it's all over the internet....So I guess I'll have to wait.
 
Ok, so I've been thinking about how the number 101 appears in the matrix many times. In the first movie it's neo's apartment number, in the second movie its the highway number and the number of the marovingian's restaurant.

Maybe I'm the last person on the planet to get this but....

101 is binary for 5.

The architect says that this is the sixth version of the matrix. So if you start counting at 0 that would be 101.
 
The first matrix was such a great movie, I had to give reloaded a chance.

Reloaded was good... EXCEPT...

A world where the only people alive are all transitic, raver, hippies?! :confused:

What the crap?
 
Back