Max Payne The Movie (First Trailer)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rainmaster
  • 29 comments
  • 1,990 views
Marky Mark

Not awesome


Videogame movie

Not awesome


Really, without pulling up an IMDB page to see the fine details this has all the signs of going to be bad.
 
being pessimistic
not awesome

:) seriously, I think it's too early for a final judgement. I hope it will be a great video game adaptation. at least director is not uwe boll :)
 
Name 3 good movies Mark Wahlberg has been in.

Then i'll go see this.
 
Ah crap, I want a new game first.
 
Boogie Nights
Three Kings
The Departed

Hope to see you there!

So in order for Mark to be in a good movie, he also has to perform with the likes of Clooney and Nicholson? I could make a good movie with that kind of cast. :lol: Boogie Nights might be the only exception because it got good ratings. But i didn't see it, so i don't care.

I was referring to his lead starring roles, featuring mega-blockbusters such as

Four Brothers
The Happening
We Own the Night
The Italian Job
Shooter

Of those movies, The Italian Job got the best rating on Rotten Tomatoes with an earth-shattering 73%.
 
He still named 3 good movies he was in, which is what you asked for ;).
 
He still named 3 good movies he was in, which is what you asked for ;).

There is no real, good actor in this movie to make up for Marky Mark's shortcomings.
 
ok he could be a worst actor for you but you dont know how does he play in max payne so you are just guessing that's all..
 
Ever get the feeling that something is happening about five years after it should have?
 
Well, they had to wait until Marky Mark was available.
 
Well with my following comments, my flame proof suit is about to to be put to the test, but I like Mr Wahlberg and I've liked allot of his films, especially The Italian Job, Shooter, Basketball Diaries and The Departed where IMO he was tons better than Di'Caprio (still JN stole the show for me, he always does)

So this for me could either be really naff or really great.

Edit.. I forgot I loved Invincible 👍
 
Boogie Nights
Three Kings
The Departed
Boogie Nights - I agree. It was good.
Three Kings - Entertaining, but I couldn't get into it.
The Departed - I'm not a fan of the genre (so I am a bit biased against) and I felt he played a very one dimensional character.

ok he could be a worst actor for you but you dont know how does he play in max payne so you are just guessing that's all..
If I think a guy can't act why should I put forth the time and money to see a movie with him in it?

It is the same principal that makes me go see anything with Paul Giamatti, Morgan Freeman, or Nathan Fillion in it.

Well with my following comments, my flame proof suit is about to to be put to the test, but I like Mr Wahlberg and I've liked allot of his films, especially The Italian Job, Shooter, Basketball Diaries and The Departed where IMO he was tons better than Di'Caprio (still JN stole the show for me, he always does)

So this for me could either be really naff or really great.

Edit.. I forgot I loved Invincible 👍
Italian Job - see the original and you will realize how bad it is.
Shooter and Basketball Diaries - never saw them, nor had any desire to. I will eventually though.
I already gave my thoughts on Departed.

Invincible is the only movie starring him that I actually had a desire to see. However, I still haven't seen it yet. And the desire was based more on it being a football movie than Wahlberg.



To be completely honest, when I first heard about this movie I was hesitant because it is a videogame movie more than anything else. In general these things don't work, for various reasons.

So, of course, as Rainmaster is pointing out, I am quick to judge on little information. So, time to do some research on IMDB.

Director - John Moore
The Omen (2006)
Flight of the Phoenix (2004)
Behind Enemy Lines (2001)
He Shoots, He Scores (1995)
Jack's Bicycle (1990)

Two remakes (ugh, both horrible too) two unknowns and one decent film. Not very promising.

Writers:
Shawn Ryan:
"The Shield" (30 episodes, 2002-2007)
"The Unit" (2 episodes, 2006-2007)
The Good Things (2001) (writer)
"Angel" (5 episodes, 2000-2001)

OK, this looks promising. Maybe this guy can tell a good story. The problem is that he hasn't done many movies. There is more, but I didn't feel like tracking him back to the 80's. His most recent work is all I needed to see.

Beau Thorne (screenplay):
Max Payne (2008) (post-production) (screenplay)

And this is all he has ever done. As Ryan is credited with writing, but not screenplay I fear that this guy is responsible for the final draft. On his first run? That means it will be groundbreaking or horrible.


So, the production staff is borderline at best, not enough to make a decision on.

So, what other known actors are there?
Beau Bridges
Ludacris
Chris O'Donnell
Nelly Furtado (huh, what?)

So, two musicians (argue whether Ludacris is actually a musician elsewhere) and two guys that will take any movie script that comes their way. Yep, this screams of top notch performances.

I didn't recognize any of the other names.
 
thanks FoolKiller for pointing that Shawn Ryan is also writer of Angel. Angel is one of my favorite TV Series and the most important thing in a TV Series is the scenario and Angel has kept me watching it 5 seasons. I believe that Max Payne the Movie Story will be OK. In the trailer you see that story is based on the first and second game. And some of the game scenes are perfectly real in the movie. Thats cool!
 
And here is another bad , never mind the slight insult.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/28/brace-yourself-mark-wahlberg-hasnt-played-max-payne/

Brace yourself: Mark Wahlberg hasn't played Max Payne
by Justin McElroy Jul 28th 2008 6:00PM
Filed under: Culture

Sadly, we've gotten used to Hollywood muckety-mucks not actually playing through the source material when they're creating a movie based on a video game. But Mark Wahlberg's answer as to why he's avoided Max Payne while playing the title role in the film is almost breathtaking as both evasion and backhanded insult.

"I didn't want to play because I have an addictive personality," he told People Magazine. "I got more responsibility now than I've ever had with the kids and everything else. I don't want to be spending 14 hours on the videogame and then eight hours on the set. It's not going to work out."

That's right, video game fans: With one wrong decision, Mark Wahlberg could have turned into you, and that's just not a risk he's willing to take.
 
Mark Wahlberg's body runs on a 22-hour clock.
 
If it takes someone 14 hours to play through the two Max Payne games then they are doing something wrong.
 
I actually think Wahlberg was an ok pick, but the problem is... While the trailer looked better than I thought this movie will go down the same path as Hitman did. Also, I see Wahlberg playing Wahlberg not Max Payne...
 
This movie was terrible. Just terrible. I finally just shut it off about 3/4 of the way through. :yuck:
Hitman was a much better movie than this.
 
This movie was terrible. Just terrible. I finally just shut it off about 3/4 of the way through. :yuck:
Hitman was a much better movie than this.

really?? you know I have a copy of the movie but havent watched it yet. Im gonna have to see whats so bad. Ive had it for about a month now.
 
really?? you know I have a copy of the movie but havent watched it yet. Im gonna have to see whats so bad. Ive had it for about a month now.
Dont even waste your time with it. Its that bad.
 
Back