Maybe more Modelers?

What I'm saying is that PD don't upgrade more cars to premium because PD does not have enough designers. But in my opinion, I would like to see more interiors of the cars. ex: R390 Road Cars.
I still don't understand your logic. First you state that they should hire more modellers so we can have more Standard Cars, which makes no sense because the modellers only build full premium cars and we only have standards because they're leftovers from GTPSP. Then you state that PD shouldn't upgrade more cars to premium because PD does not have enough designers, which shouldn't stop them as they already have over 50 staff on the car modelling job.

I still don't understand your logic. First you state that they should hire more modellers so we can have more Standard Cars, which makes no sense because the modellers only build full premium cars and we only have standards because they're leftovers from GTPSP. Then you state that PD shouldn't upgrade more cars to premium because PD does not have enough designers, which shouldn't stop them as they already have over 50 staff on the car modelling job.
Here's the reason:

No. PD just don't put interiors in all cars because they have a insuficiant number of designers for the number of cars they have to work on, simply that. So they just don't have time to finish them all, that's a shame

Another thing: I'm not meaning to be mean but to be realistic.

I read your second statement wrong, apologies. Thought you were stating that they shouldn't, instead you stated that they don't, which is correct.

I'm more for entirely new machines with the odd upgraded machine or two.

Last edited:
I read your second post wrong, apologies. Thought you were stating that they shouldn't, instead you stated that they don't, which is correct.

I'm more for entirely new machines with the odd upgraded machine or two.
No problem 👍

I do think they should expand the car team, even if it's at 50 plus cars take time, and they're modelled by only one person so the more guys and girls the better I guess.

I do think they should expand the car team, even if it's at 50 plus cars take time, and they're modelled by only one person so the more guys and girls the better I guess.

I vouch for more modelers as well. Not fill out the 1200 cars that people want but rather more modelers to get popular suggestions done and convert certain cars from standard to premium. That's in a realistic world. It can still take 6 months but at least your yield after 6 months will be more than 30 cars or so.

I don't think it will be problem to sort out since PD is under Sony. Also, I'm pretty sure plenty of modelers would like to work for the accredited PD and add that to their CV ;)

Like I've said in other threads "I'd rather have a car count suffer to have a good selection of cars to drive."

And as @Griffith500 has stated, they have been hiring more modellers over the course of the series, so I think they have realized this.

Keep in mind they are hiring more modelers but each car is becoming more and more detailed. They may add engine bays and opening doors and such for GT7. At the same time, production techniques may improve and the whole process may be speeded up. Fact is though production has remained steady at about 40 new unique car models per year for the last 10 years or so and so far in GT6 it doesn't look to have changed.

Each modeller might cost 50 grand wages a year inc equipment. PD have to work out how many they can afford in a cost to benefit.

Keep in mind they are hiring more modelers but each car is becoming more and more detailed. They may add engine bays and opening doors and such for GT7. At the same time, production techniques may improve and the whole process may be speeded up. Fact is though production has remained steady at about 40 new unique car models per year for the last 10 years or so and so far in GT6 it doesn't look to have changed.
The problem with that figure (even bumped up to 50) is that it's well over 6 months per car per modeler; and people thought that was an exaggeration!

I thought they hired new modelers already

Snap_2014.07.05_16h33m32s_003.png

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/208

What about trunks(boots)? It's not just Premium cars. It's Super Premium cars.

A friend and I where there at the 24h race Nurburgring, we been in the Schulze box together with these guys. There where about 7 to 10 of those, all looking very young, we did not ask them what they do though. I guess not all of them are car modelers some might be for tracks; landscape etc.

Back