Mayerwerks M5

• Thread starter Rennsport
  • 13 comments
Rennsport
Coming soon...
Tuned using Race Medium tires. All aids OFF. Comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Ride Height Adj
F: -5 R: -5

Spring Rate
F: 12.7 R: 11.8

Dampers (Extension)
F:7 R: 7

Dampers (Compression)
F: 5 R: 5

Anti Roll Bars
F: 3 R: 3

Camber Angle
F: 0.0 R: 0.0

Toe Angle
F:0.00 R: 0.20

Those are stock, so no settings for those. The car is running every available upgrade except for Exhaust, LSD and Transmission.

Good setup!
I drove my M5 probably most at this point (over 800km). And i test all my cars on "Grand Valley East". So i could say i know this car and this track.

This are my results so far.

Corvette ZR1 RM 0.59,216
M5 ´08 1:01,769 my new record with this setup
M5 ´08 1:02,219
ISF Racing Concept 1:02,384
BNR Skyline 1:03,686

(I fiddle arround with topspeed alot and some cars had fewer chances to beat personal records)

I noticed the BMW M05 got rid of understeering during acceleration out of corners.

Overall i would say this setup improved its handling.

Last edited:
Yeah i was waiting and searching for a M05 setup, thanks.
I am just starting to play with car settings and most of the time my results are horrific.
I had a M5 setup which made the car drive on two wheels arround corners, funny but not fast! "Freude am fahren..." you know ;o)

At the moment i am working on the differential i want to get rid of the lose tail.

-edit-

Update:
I changed the differential

Starting torque: 8 ( standart 10)
Acceleration sensibility: 35 (standart 40)

It seems the car won`t make huge steps working on differential anyway, so only slight adjustments will work (standart setup seems pretty good already).

Lowering acceleration sensibility is stoping the car to slip by full throttle (something you have to worry about with a joypad)
I didn`t have any success with very small numbers (like 20), the car won`t slip but is gonna be slower at the end.

Starting torque may improved the overall handling, at least i think it did after driving few rounds.

Last edited:
Shelby Cobra 427
*Ring Tested* Racing Medium Tires.

Car is bone stock except for suspension and stage 3 weight reduction

Ride Height Adj
F: -6 R: -6

Spring Rate
F: 8.5 R: 10.5

Dampers (Extension)
F:8 R: 8

Dampers (Compression)
F: 6 R: 6

Anti Roll Bars
F: 3 R: 4

Camber Angle
F: 0.0 R: 0.0

Toe Angle
F:0.00 R: 0.20

Do I need to buy LSD for this car? Got it @ 698bhp atm. It's a beast.

Also my ride height is stock atm: 0-0. If I want to lower it, do I need to adjust the camber?

thanks.

i've been hammering my M5 since nearly day 1 but need to get it handling better, gonna get the LSD and fully customised suspension now and try to fine tune it, will try your tune

it's running 708bhp at the minute

M5 was my first buy too, and i bought everything for it without even thinking about!

You have to buy a LSD and customised suspension, it`s worth it. Especially since this setup came up!

i've been hammering my M5 since nearly day 1 but need to get it handling better, gonna get the LSD and fully customised suspension now and try to fine tune it, will try your tune

it's running 708bhp at the minute

When you tune your LSD and Suspension, would you mind posting your setup mate? Would appreciate it. Cheers.

Back