Mazda 787B & MX-5 Heading to Assetto Corsa for Free in Next Update; 911 RSR Coming ‘Very Soon’

The patience isn't strong in him.
I know right...
Once, drive club was half price at the PSStore so, you know, just for some different fun I bought it. It's not my concept of a racing game at all, I barely play it but it's still there because once in a blue moon or like every six months I do some laps there in some different cars. It's cool.

I really love what they've done to replicate the Miata. Before I started getting mod crazy with my own 90' NA, I got to drive it for several months with stock suspension, even autocrossing it once in that setup. It already came with some upgraded headers (later I find out they are the cheap OBX variant...oh well, still better than stock) and a Borla catback exhaust.

I put in a rollbar, FM lowering springs with Bilstein HD shocks and 5X Racing bumpstops. Also got some nice Enkei RPF1 wheels, but skimmed on the tires a bit and went with the more affordable Yokohama S.Drives. This year I'll be doing the 949racing sway bar kit and G-Loc (Carbotech) brakes, 70 durameter poly engine mounts, as well as probably getting Bridgestone RE71R tires.

Anyway, I'm just a tad disappointed there is no Step1 version, nor is there any fine tuning settings available for the suspension. I mentioned all my RL mods because comparing to the vanilla version of the car, my car has a lot less body roll and is just overall more planted. I had to get used to the more street oriented stock suspension in the game, as well as the lower body rigidity. I think the vanilla version is still a great car, but it's hard to appreciate when you know there are some easy upgrades to be made. Even just sway bars or a roll bar makes a great difference.

I'm glad I can pretend I own a 93 LE since they included that paint scheme, as well as pretty much every other special edition paint.

"The Group C-era 787B will join the equally monstrous Sauber C9 that’s already included in Assetto Corsa. Porsche pack owners can also count the 962c — in long and short-tail versions — within the group."

This is fantastic because the are filling out a vintage racing group with icon cars. This will make for some real nice racing once they get on-line features done. And hopefully they will add the Toyota, and Nissan Group C entrants.
That would make for some very nice racing situations. I really love all the new car additions. Bravo Kunos:bowdown:

does the rotary sound too quiet to anyone else? can you really hear suspension noise over the engine?

does the rotary sound too quiet to anyone else? can you really hear suspension noise over the engine?

Yes, it is a bit quiet, although if you can hear tires over kerbs and safety cars over F1 engines and such, I think you can hear some sounds over the rotary, however impressive that sounds.

Yes, it is a bit quiet, although if you can hear tires over kerbs and safety cars over F1 engines and such, I think you can hear some sounds over the rotary, however impressive that sounds.

Here are the cars and sounds that I hope Kunos will bring us. "That's what I'm talkin about"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...BB0FD885337D6B027921BB0FD885337D6B0&FORM=VIRE

The very first thing I did with the 787b was bring it to LeMans. I thought I was being so clever by dropping the rear wing down to just a few ticks and my first two attempts ended rather quickly. Two spins before I even got through Dunlop. :eek: :lol: Yeah...Back to the garage to reset the setup to default. I'll see how she drives first before trying to steal some more top speed on Mulsanne Straight. :boggled:

Third time was the charm. The default setup is probably a bit conservative for a track like Le Mans, but I needed to get past the first 2 turns this time. :D A nice amount of grip and you really feel the wheel getting heavier as that downforce hugs you to the road. I'm pleased with the sounds of our new Mazda 787b. I didn't get as much wheel time as I would have liked. I fell asleep at the steering wheel once again. But I'm awake now and ready for more. :)

Here are the cars and sounds that I hope Kunos will bring us. "That's what I'm talkin about"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...BB0FD885337D6B027921BB0FD885337D6B0&FORM=VIRE
Mmmmm...Me likey! :D The Group C pervert in me says "All. We need ALL OF THEM!" But, I know that's quite selfish of me...although, if you think about it, why not 4+ more? We have a great GT3 lineup with a few more already cooking in the oven. Our Group C stable is looking decent already, why not make Group C our next "fullest" race category, for lack of a proper term? The great thing about Group C is the cars are done - Kunos could really make that an awesome, balanced race class in Assetto Corsa without worry of having to update vehicles each season. :cheers: At a minimum, I really would like to see the Toyota with the Minolta livery, of course...and a Nissan or Jaguar (British Pack, anyone? :D)

Ok...It's been decided then. :sly: I expect all of you to send threatening messages to Kunos staff! We want Group C. We want Group C. :D

"The Group C-era 787B will join the equally monstrous Sauber C9 that’s already included in Assetto Corsa. Porsche pack owners can also count the 962c — in long and short-tail versions — within the group."

This is fantastic because the are filling out a vintage racing group with icon cars. This will make for some real nice racing once they get on-line features done. And hopefully they will add the Toyota, and Nissan Group C entrants.
That would make for some very nice racing situations. I really love all the new car additions. Bravo Kunos:bowdown:

Don't get your hopes up too much, the Mazda, Porsche, and Mercedes apparently aren't really balanced to each other so they won't play together well. It will be a nice looking grid but the competition won't be close.

Yes, when it was a mod car the sounds were orgasmic but this one sounds a bit stifled. Hopefully Fonsecker will get that taken care of in short order.

Don't get your hopes up too much, the Mazda, Porsche, and Mercedes apparently aren't really balanced to each other so they won't play together well. It will be a nice looking grid but the competition won't be close.

Yes, when it was a mod car the sounds were orgasmic but this one sounds a bit stifled. Hopefully Fonsecker will get that taken care of in short order.

I was just thinking that, they are all different years after all. We all know how much can change over 1-2 seasons. Still The right tracks could possibly still result in some fun races.

I was just thinking that, they are all different years after all. We all know how much can change over 1-2 seasons. Still The right tracks could possibly still result in some fun races.

Possibly. I've not tested them together myself but have seen a few others report that they are all several seconds apart from each other. Wish we had some kind of BOP system for the AI so we could balance them a little better.

It's always nice to see Group C making its way to simulators. The Jaguar XJR-9 would be another great addition, but it would obviously require a deal with another marque. That said, I can't see many boundaries now that Kunos has received a financial boost and already done business with some of the finest.

Unfortunately, you're right Brandon. I'll be interested in hearing how well people have been able to BOP the Mazda with added ballast, but I'm not even sure that will be enough. Maybe. I'm not exactly the swiftest in figuring out solutions to those types of issues. If it's not really happening, good ole ALB123 will be going under the hood to create a balanced set of Group C vehicles for personal use (of course I would offer them to you guys too).

For as much as I like Group C, it's really me just liking the cars and how crazy they were. I don't know squat about the history of Group C, which is no different than my lack of history knowledge on any other racing series. :lol: So, I never really knew there was such a performance discrepancy between models.

I was spending time with the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR this morning. I think I wrote somewhere, maybe it was on the official forums, that I really like the GT3 RSR compared to the GT3 R. It feels so much smoother, almost like the GT3 Cup feels...sort of. You definitely have to drive the 911 GT3 race cars differently from each other which is kind of cool. After running laps around Nordschleife with the GT3 RSR I thought I was losing my mind - my impression of the car seemed to change throughout an entire stint on the track before pitting again for slight changes. It was nice to see these comments from two different posts by Aris:

It [ed. 911 GT3 RSR] is faster than all of them [ed. GT3 class], in terms of absolute speed and especially race speed/fuel consumption. Not an easy car to push to the limit and setup though. Sensitive in aero changes, front fuel tank, so balance changes with fuel load, and so on.

Indeed it is MUCH better than the GT3 R, which was obviously what Porsche tried to do. The GT3 R is a highly unbalanced car, especially with the latest regulations and obligatory tyre dimensions for GT3 cars.
The RSR is much much more balanced, but again, comparing it to a Ford GT, Ferrari 488 and Corvette C7R (updated aero edition), is more tricky and unbalanced because it still has the fuel tank up front as required by the rules. All the other cars have the fuel tank very close to the CoG. The RSR changes weight balance while racing and by a good margin. Needs for a more compromised setup. But if we talk about general balance on a single lap, I love the car and how it handles.

It's no secret that I'm not very good with setting up race cars. I'll be interested in seeing what appears on The Setup Market for the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR so I can try a few setups. The car feels so great because you're expecting it to be more like the GT3 R, but it's not as untamed...but you will notice bigger changes compared to typical GT3 race cars, especially if you start off with a completely full fuel tank.

I've managed a 9:26.xxx on the tourist version of the Nurburgring in the Miata. Most people say under 10mins, especially in a Miata is quick, so I'm happy I hit that mark. Wondering how close to under 9 I can get it, I want to believe that's close to possible. If there was a step1 turbo or supercharger setup, under 8:50 would be doable. Again, like I said before, I wish there were more tuning options with this car!

IMG_4340.JPG

They're having a special display in the museum featuring old cars that were made in Indiana, Stutz, Duesenberg, Cord, etc. They let me in and one of the museum employees actually walked me around for a bit and told me the history of the cars and why they were important, he was maybe mid 20's and knew an astonishing amount of information about all these cars and their manufacturers. It was fascinating, there were probably dozens of marques made in Indiana between 1900-1950 and several of them are among the most historic names in automobile history. Pics in the spoiler.
IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG
IMG_4344.JPG

This car was owned by Carl Fisher, one of the founders of the Speedway, and apparently raced just like this with no body.

IMG_4355.JPG

They also had several race cars that were made in IN as well as some generally historic Indy Cars.

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

The yellow one is the Mormon Wasp, the winner of the first 500 and also features the first rear view mirror which was integral to the victory.

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

That's the Borg Warner (Indy500) trophy along with the Penske Yellow Submarine. The blue car behind the trophy is Mark Donahue's Penske car.
IMG_4351.JPG

They even had a little simulator there with the basic Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel. It wasn't on though.

IMG_4353.JPG

Sadly, I wasn't able to take a lap but at least I got a pic of the Subaru with with the track (short chute into turn 2) behind it. :dopey:

IMG_4358.JPG

Wow, I totally did not intend to post that in this thread. :dunce: Oh well, I guess everyone can enjoy even though it's completely out of context and off topic. :lol:

*makes appointment with shrink

View attachment 636218

They're having a special display in the museum featuring old cars that were made in Indiana, Stutz, Duesenberg, Cord, etc. They let me in and one of the museum employees actually walked me around for a bit and told me the history of the cars and why they were important, he was maybe mid 20's and knew an astonishing amount of information about all these cars and their manufacturers. It was fascinating, there were probably dozens of marques made in Indiana between 1900-1950 and several of them are among the most historic names in automobile history. Pics in the spoiler.
View attachment 636219
View attachment 636222 View attachment 636223View attachment 636224

This car was owned by Carl Fisher, one of the founders of the Speedway, and apparently raced just like this with no body.

View attachment 636225

They also had several race cars that were made in IN as well as some generally historic Indy Cars.

View attachment 636226
View attachment 636227

The yellow one is the Mormon Wasp, the winner of the first 500 and also features the first rear view mirror which was integral to the victory.

View attachment 636229
View attachment 636232

That's the Borg Warner (Indy500) trophy along with the Penske Yellow Submarine. The blue car behind the trophy is Mark Donahue's Penske car.
View attachment 636228

They even had a little simulator there with the basic Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel. It wasn't on though.

View attachment 636231

Sadly, I wasn't able to take a lap but at least I got a pic of the Subaru with with the track (short chute into turn 2) behind it. :dopey:

View attachment 636233
Wow....al That came in the 1.13 update mate?:D

Nice showroom and Photomode... Very realistic 👍:D:cheers::bowdown:

dang I never knew how nice the 905 sounded
I was never really keen on the look of the Peugeot 905.

Ya know, when v1.13 installed I thought to myself, "Well...I might as well take the Mazda MX-5 out for a good spin because I'll probably never drive her again after today." Yet, somehow I'm being drawn to the car for repeated laps on the Nordschleife no less. :eek: This thing is rather frustrating at times. A couple of times I've found myself screaming at the screen while climbing the hill after Bergwerk. I was doing my best to get the car into a position where I could keep the wheel completely straight for as long as I could to reduce as much lateral force as possible, but I don't think it had any effect.

Watch the speed readout in SideKick.

Back