Mazda Confirms The Return of Rotary as Soon as 2019 (But Don't Get Excited Just Yet)

Okay, but the local air polution is less or even non existing when driving completely electric.
You know, CO2 doesn't stay where it is. It's lighter than air. It spreads around the whole hemisphere thanks to winds.

You know, CO2 doesn't stay where it is. It's lighter than air. It spreads around the whole hemisphere thanks to winds.
Air pollution is so much more than CO2 and that is what I was talking about. One of the worst chemical components of diesel is 3-Nitrobenzanthrone.

We've known this for years.

Diesel exhaust contains two of the most potent carcinogens ever tested. In fact, the top two - 3-Nitrobenzanthrone and 1,8-Dinitropyrene. They're the top two scorers in the Ames Test for carcinogens and are both exclusively produced by diesel combustion.

If you search GTP for "Nitrobenzanthrone" you'll find a post by me from so long ago I can't even remember when it was... 2005/6 maybe? This isn't news, except to the WHO...

AFAIK and I'm probably wrong but CO2, as a gas, is not toxic (difficult to explain in English what I exactly mean). CO2 only becomes toxic when there is much more CO2 than there is oxygen. CO, on the other hand, is toxic.

AFAIK and I'm probably wrong but CO2, as a gas, is not toxic (difficult to explain in English what I exactly mean). CO2 only becomes toxic when there is much more CO2 than there is oxygen.
That's what I'm given to understand. I don't believe carbon dioxide is harmful in and of itself, but being in an environment with a high concentration of it prevents proper oxygenation of the blood. But then, we need carbon dioxide in our blood as well...go figure.

Latest Posts

Back