Mazda Furai Concept [Premium] 2008

• Thread starter Oreca 1998
  • 67 comments
:(please don't say that I hope they don't
This thread has already been created, so there is no point in having it here, just because you want, hey don´t worry, I got a couple of locked threads aswell when I started posting here too :lol:

No, i don´t know how to edit a photo to be honest. Go to the photo forums and ask them, those are pro´s in doing that 👍

ok thanks

Goodwood Hillclimb 2014_1.jpg
cars%20mazda%20vehicles%20concept%20cars%20mazda%20furai%20race%20tracks_wallpaperswa_com_47.jpg
There's nothing to compare between both

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially with number 55 on the hood which gives you the feeling that this car is a tribute to the 787B & uses a new highly developed 3 rotor-rotary engine.

Underneath, the Furai is a Courage C65 that was raced in ALMS in 2006. It was an official factory effort, run by B-K Motorsport, the first from Mazda since the RX-79P in IMSA GTP. It had an R20B, a 3-rotor rotary engine. The car was retired after the single 2006 season. Afterwards, Mazda decided to rebuild the Courage as concept car. The body was completely redone by Swift Engineering in California. A new R20B was built by renowned rotary tuner, Racing Beat, who also built the cars distinctive exhaust canister. It was tuned to run B100, pure ethanol, the first rotary engine to do so.

While it was basically a race car, it was only a concept car. We all know that it was destroyed back in 2008 at a photo shoot set up by Top Gear back, which was revealed in September of last year.

The charred remains of the car are still unknown to this day, but I do hope that Mazda does rebuild the car.

Underneath, the Furai is a Courage C65 that was raced in ALMS in 2006. It was an official factory effort, run by B-K Motorsport, the first from Mazda since the RX-79P in IMSA GTP. It had an R20B, a 3-rotor rotary engine. The car was retired after the single 2006 season. Afterwards, Mazda decided to rebuild the Courage as concept car. The body was completely redone by Swift Engineering in California. A new R20B was built by renowned rotary tuner, Racing Beat, who also built the cars distinctive exhaust canister. It was tuned to run B100, pure ethanol, the first rotary engine to do so.

While it was basically a race car, it was only a concept car. We all know that it was destroyed back in 2008 at a photo shoot set up by Top Gear back, which was revealed in September of last year.

The charred remains of the car are still unknown to this day, but I do hope that Mazda does rebuild the car.
Some say The Stig ran away with them and now Mazda is hiding a baby prototype called the Mazda Furstig...

There's no such car as RX-7 9P
I just checked it online.. ( send link )
If you went to the official Mazda website you'd see that the R20B was built for the Mazda furai. although it's a courage c65.
Mazda was the first company to make rotary engines. You wouldn't expect that they create a 3 rotor rotary engine for pescarolo!
They discovered rotary engines, they won't just share their discovery with other companies ;)
Take a look back.. The cars in the 1988 le mans all used turbocharged engines because they were prevalent, then came the Jaguar XJR 9 with a naturally aspirated engine ( which was rare in the 1988 le mans ), then came Mazda with its 4 rotor rotary engine.
Since Jaguar introduced their naturally aspirated car in le mans, (all) le mans cars start using these engines.
Although Mazda never created a street legal 4 rotor rotary car ( while NA & turbocharged did ) Mazda thought of a new idea to make a 3 rotor rotary car that can service as a racing car & a street legal car ( concept ). You wouldn't expect them to share this that easily:tup:

Last edited:
The RX-792P, just a typo.

NSU was the 1st to make a car with a rotary engine, not Mazda. The rights to the design were sold to Mazda by Felix Wankel, the guy who created the rotary engine.

The reason that turbocharged engines were not being used by the ACO was in line with the FIA's ban on turbocharged engines ahead of the 1989 season.

I did my research and used my own knowledge rather than pull stuff out of my own ass.

Last edited:
Actually neither of us:@:Azure Flare know if the same engine in the RX-792P is still used for the furai
They won't just bring the same engine to life without making improvements on it

So now you know that the technology that is used in the furai is still better than the ones used in the c65 & RX-792P

Car companies look forward not backward
They may look back to correct their mistakes, to improve their production line-up
I hope in the near future we see a new version of the furai

The RX-792P, just a typo.

NSU was the 1st to make a car with a rotary engine, not Mazda. The rights to the design were sold to Mazda by Felix Wankel, the guy who created the rotary engine.

The reason that turbocharged engines were not being used by the ACO was in line with the FIA's ban on turbocharged engines ahead of the 1989 season.

I did my research and used my own knowledge rather than pull stuff out of my own ass.
A reply to that.. We did see turbocharged engine cars in 1989;)
Mercedes C9, Nissan R89C & the list goes on

The XJR9 came with NA in 1988
And FIA allowed the use of turbocharged engines in 1989 like the C9, R89C, 88C-V, ...
Turbocharged cars kept on till the end of 1992 since the R92CP was the last turbocharged car

So now you know that the technology that is used in the furai is still better than the ones used in the c65 & RX-792P

I ****ing know that technology since the RX-792P had moved on. :mad:

The Furai is a Courage C65 underneath. All the info that I know about the Furai I learned back in 2008.

I ****ing know that technology since the RX-792P had moved on. :mad:

The Furai is a Courage C65 underneath. All the info that I know about the Furai I learned back in 2008.
Ok so now you know it's a ****ing new technology on the furai :)
You passed in this nervous test :cheers:

Really? Do you really I'm that stupid that I wouldn't know what I was talking about?

Are you going to question whether or not I know that the Courage C65 was an LMP2 car that was run by B-K Motorsport with factory backing? Or that the R20B in the Furai does indeed run on B100?

Or how about the rest of the stuff like Swift Engineering designing the body, or Racing Beat building the engine?

Really? Do you really I'm that stupid that I wouldn't know what I was talking about?

Are you going to question whether or not I know that the Courage C65 was an LMP2 car that was run by B-K Motorsport with factory backing? Or that the R20B in the Furai does indeed run on B100?

Or how about the rest of the stuff like Swift Engineering designing the body, or Racing Beat building the engine?
No mate you impressed me with the information about Mazda & all other posts:tup:
Who knows you might even know about cars better than I do. :cheers:

Actually I'm not questioning.. The R20B is designed to go on the E100
And courage C65 is an LMP2 indeed

No mate you impressed me with the information about Mazda & all other posts:tup:
Who knows you might even know about cars better than I do. :cheers:

Actually I'm not questioning.. The R20B is designed to go on the E100
And courage C65 is an LMP2 indeed
I think he prooved he knew cars better than you, just after the moment you said rotary engines were made by Mazda...

Underneath, the Furai is a Courage C65 that was raced in ALMS in 2006. It was an official factory effort, run by B-K Motorsport, the first from Mazda since the RX-792P in IMSA GTP. It had an R20B, a 3-rotor rotary engine. The car was retired after the single 2006 season. Afterwards, Mazda decided to rebuild the Courage as concept car. The body was completely redone by Swift Engineering in California. A new R20B was built by renowned rotary tuner, Racing Beat, who also built the cars distinctive exhaust canister. It was tuned to run B100, pure ethanol, the first rotary engine to do so.
There's some great information here Azure Flare! - do you mind if I add it to my Furai thread to "freshen" it up? Credited to you of course. Typo corrected. ;)

@Oreca 1998 - Since my Furai thread was posted earlier, I expect yours will eventually get locked (I'm not boasting, I'm just saying what usually happens). Since we are are both after the same great car, do you mind if I add some of your new pictures to my thread? It might help gain a few more likes.

Mazda Furai

There's some great information here Azure Flare! - do you mind if I add it to my Furai thread to "freshen" it up? Credited to you of course. Typo corrected. ;)

@Oreca 1998 - Since my Furai thread was posted earlier, I expect yours will eventually get locked (I'm not boasting, I'm just saying what usually happens). Since we are are both after the same great car, do you mind if I add some of your new pictures to my thread? It might help gain a few more likes.

Mazda Furai
Since it's going to be shut down then why not :cheers:

Back