• 67 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Mazda LM55 VGT Goodwood FoS 2015 Special Trial

Mazda LM55 VGT Goodwood FoS 2015 Special Trial.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT] Mazda LM55 VGT Goodwood FoS 2015 Special Trial.jpg

(I am wondering if it might actually be the Goodwood hill climb for this TT, Lets wait and see.)

Last edited:
It's late and im tired so i wasn't up to the full speed run but i got the car and ill try posting a fast time sometime tomorrow. Liking the new updated look to the LM55 as well.

What is the point of giving us the LM55 again??
Well, I'm certain there are people who don't play GT6 daily, like most of us here on GTPlanet do, and they may have missed the opportunity for a FREE LM55 the first time around. Plus, they've updated the car, so it's possibly simpler to replace the car data on your HDD this way... <-- That is just a stab in the dark guess. It's probably not true.

I won one the first time, bought a second one, & I won't complain about a third one. Store in the stockyard & have a fresh one if you need it.

I love the car, LOVE Goodwood, and love Mazda's. I hated this event, though- they changed the sensitivity of the out-of-bounds DQ, and wtih this very wide car, that caused loads of problems.

I hope they didn't change the other Goodwood events (they probably didn't, but who knows), or there will be a lot of new players having trouble there, too.

Ended up with a 41.127 much longer than it should have taken.

Is it just me, or are the barriers far more sensitive in this version of Goodwood?

Previously, I could brush the haybales with no problem but now it seems if I even look at them wrong I'm penalised. Not easy on the narrow sections.

Normally I can get gold on the hillclimb easily but I've yet to finish a single run!

<end rant>

Edit: @j4mmin42 just posted before me. Glad I'm not the only one!!

Is it just me, or are the barriers far more sensitive in this version of Goodwood?

Previously, I could brush the haybales with no problem but now it seems if I even look at them wrong I'm penalised. Not easy on the narrow sections.

Normally I can get gold on the hillclimb easily but I've yet to finish a single run!

<end rant>

That's what I was trying to say, heh. All it takes is a teeny tiny brush and you're DQ.

I like it how if you just graze the hay bale you screwed it.

Thanks PD.

Also why didnt they keep the old version of the car? They should have made a new livery (ie. "Goodwood Edition") and kept the old one? Are they running out of HDD space?

<end rant>

This one is a clear case of slower is faster. Control your entry speed and let it rip on exit and you will gold it very quickly. Good luck and yes I found the haybales and boundaries touchy and is it just me or has the track gotten narrower?

This one is a clear case of slower is faster. Control your entry speed and let it rip on exit and you will gold it very quickly. Good luck and yes I found the haybales and boundaries touchy and is it just me or has the track gotten narrower?
I think it's just you.

It actually isn't at all that bad to get gold in this challenge. The key is be fast, but not to take everything too fast. Coasting and light braking, as well as throttle control, are key components in doing this.

Whats the thing with the LM 55 here, i have one when it was introduced, and now when i go to this seasonal menu and scroll down and see it isnt marked that i have this car??
So is there some kind of difference between the one back then it was introduced and the one you can win now.
I tried then both in both in photoshop to see if there are some visual differences, but there arent, so why is it then mareked that i didnt have this car?

This one is a clear case of slower is faster. Control your entry speed and let it rip on exit and you will gold it very quickly.

Yes, you're right. I've now finished a few runs by tiptoeing around but I've only reached bronze at this stage. This event really requires you to relearn the braking and acceleration points.

Still, I now have two LM55s ! I had repainted my original one and I'm glad the update didn't change it back.

I like it how if you just graze the hay bale you screwed it.

Thanks PD.

Also why didnt they keep the old version of the car? They should have made a new livery (ie. "Goodwood Edition") and kept the old one? Are they running out of HDD space?

You will face complains of duplicate cars if they pull a "Goodwood Edition" dude. ;)

I have run all of the other events without problems but, as soon as I leave the start line, I can't get above 31 mph ?? Tried re-booting, clear cache, restarting etc. to no avail. Has me stumped.

According to the v1.20 release notes:

If you already have an LM55 Vision Gran Turismo in your garage, the car will be updated automatically to the 2015 version.

After running the Goodwood FoS Event and obtaining another free Mazda LM55 I looked at my Car List. It still lists both cars as 2014 model year. I'm not too familiar with how the original LM55 looked, but I'm sure someone here on GTP is. Maybe they could point out of the differences in liveries for the new car versus the old.

Not only the hay bales but the walls are also very sensitive to the slightest touch. Just barely breezed past a few of them and got an automatic DQ. Sometimes I wonder about who sets these things up.

Last edited:
Not only the hay bales but the walls are also very sensitive to the slightest touch. Just barley breezed past a few of them and got an automatic DQ. Sometimes I wonder about who sets these things up.

I wish PD would use the same stiff boundaries for the QM races. Would absolutely stop the corner cutters in their tracks.

Got a gold after three or four attempts, albeit I wasn't pushing it that hard. I might go back and better my time, but I think I'll just end up rage quitting.

It has to be said, the highlight of the run was the sound of the car. they've added the crackling noise, which has transformed the soundtrack of the car. Really good event overall. This years statue is looking nice :D

Latest Posts

Back