Mazda LM55 VGT Super Lap: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 64 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Mazda LM55 VGT Super Lap: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

01_mazdavgt-jpg.279633

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 25/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC – 15/01/2015, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 25/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC – 15/01/2015, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 200,000
Silver: Cr. 120,000
Bronze: Cr. 80,000

Gift(s):
Gold: N/A
Prize For taking Part: Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo

Target Time:
Gold: 1:16.000
Silver: 1:18.000
Bronze: 1:26.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Track Length: 2.24 miles / 3605 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Last edited:
I set 1:14.6 in this time trial and I didn't feel comfortable driving this car. It is not as bad as the chapperal but trying to slow it down is just as hard.

Kinda easy once you stop straighter and sooner. Not many tries needed for me. Car seems a little dull. Pretty unforgiving redline, too! I like the sound.

Haven't golded this one yet but got close after a couple of laps...I like this car and the sound but would like a fricking interior tho...a fun drive and I like this track so win win for me...

Well done. :cheers:

Gee, thanks. :cheers:

Most players should get somewhat the same time - but I've seen a lot of players get 1:10s - 1:12s. I use manual, ABS 1, TCS 1 - all others off and the Mazda was practically made for that course.
Took it out on a couple of A-Spec events and totally enjoyed tooling it around at speed. This is the first VGT that feels at home in my Garage - just another 'regular' LMP.
And beautiful and fast.

Well, took me a bit, but I got used to this car far faster than the 2X (pre-hotfix 2X, of course). Yes, it tends to understeer a bit on some corners, probably a result of its agressive aero settings (much like the ones in the FT-1 VGT), so you have to be careful with agressive entries. But the fact that the car you get can have most of its settings (bar power) tweaked means you can actually set it up yourself afterwards.

I eventually golded the event with a lap around the 1:15 minute mark, which proves I did get the hang of it. And the whole car; its noise, its speed and its looks. All get a thumbs up in my book. And if you give it the chance, I'm sure it'll make a very good race car for LMP events. And the Christmas start of its trailer was just so funny, with the gift opening and all. Merry Christmas indeed...

And the Christmas start of its trailer was just so funny, with the gift opening and all. Merry Christmas indeed...
What. Where did this play?

BTW the car is FUNtastic, the sound, the design everything is awesome.
Had to equalize both the brakes and accellerator during turns, really puts you to work hard for a good time but the car itself is amazing.

What. Where did this play?

BTW the car is FUNtastic, the sound, the design everything is awesome.
Had to equalize both the brakes and accellerator during turns, really puts you to work hard for a good time but the car itself is amazing.

Watch the trailer the car has on its VGT page, I won't tell you more than this... ;)

And yes, the car is a bit demanding, but after trying to tame the 2X pre-hotfix, this is chump change. :D

Took a while to get used to the high speed braking instability, but now I can say it is one of the best LMP cars in GT6. The design looks awesome and it sounds like a beast!!!
:lol:

Nice car, first read here about the braking, so i changed my style
After a long fast part (first corner after the start/finishline), i do two brakes instead of one full long brake.
Did the same at the corkscrew, Gold after 12 minutes.
No steeringhelp
traction=1
ABS=1
DS3=7
I don't use analog joystick..

Got a 1:13.9 (I think) after a few tries. Really nice car, though as many of you have said already I had to get used to the long braking distances. As soon as you get the hang of it it shouldn't be a problem to gold this event. Just remember to go into corners slowly and accelerate out of them fast. :)

Indeed, the X-Mas wishes are a really nice addition in the trailer video of this car. :)

Just maybe we will see this car for real, racing on Le Mans sometime in the future.

He's talking about car settings (suspension, gears, etc.)

At first it had PD VGT Understeer, but key for me is (on a pad) getting right amount of lift off oversteer - get it unsettled into the turn and you can power down, with the understeer naturally taking you towards exit of the corner.

I'm quite happy with my time of 1:13.6xx with this car. I see it as a mix between the 787b and the Furai. Which makes for a really fun car to drive.

I'm sure i can dip even lower, but i need a new tv for that to happen. My tv decided to kick the bucket just as i attempted the Pagani overtake challenge at Mt Panorama. I guess the TV and i had the same feelings about that particular event.

Way too many gears and no useful sound when slowing for entry ensured I had difficulty in pretty much every corner. Gold and out, appalling. Tried the car earlier on The Ring, that's much better.

This car actually has rather enjoyable handling characteristics once you get used to it. Not to mention it has 10/10 sound (especially during downshifts :bowdown:).

Currently sitting at a 1:12.390 using a DS3/ no assists, ABS: 1; good enough for 849th in the world for now. 👍

One last thing: if anyone here wants to add me for time comparison sake, then send a friend request to 'X-MAROON_NITRO-X' and include GTPlanet in the description. Most of my friends stopped playing GT6 awhile ago. :/

Fairly easy gold, it's not my favourite car I've driven but I'm fairly handy round Laguna Seca so that helped matters presumably.

Straight in with a 1:12.959 for Gold - love the car, love the 4WD, love the circuit & suits my driving style :-)

Latest Posts

Back