Mazda Miatas With Hidden Stripes

Gotta say I hate that this isn't a option. Looks great on the car but sometimes you want to paint something without getting stripes sprouting up.
I wanted a no stripe Shelby GT350 so I bought it without them and painted it and BAM they were back. Let us paint them the car color or something. How hard can it be?

Gotta say I hate that this isn't a option. Looks great on the car but sometimes you want to paint something without getting stripes sprouting up.
I wanted a no stripe Shelby GT350 so I bought it without them and painted it and BAM they were back. Let us paint them the car color or something. How hard can it be?
Seeing how PD did it, pretty hard.

tp63.jpg

It looks pretty much like premium car.. although I hate MX5 and Miatas, this is really cool improvement

I found another paint glitch (?). Not really a hidden stripe.... Just weird. Using the 240SX (S14) from 1996. My initial plan was to paint it Pearlescent Royal Navy Blue Pearl, but it seems I hit Pearl White and Royal Navy Blue Pearl to make a combination. The door mirrors and rear bumper slit are Royal Blue. The rest is white. It works with other colours too. I just hit Pear White first in the Pearlescent section, and hit another colour that's in the Pearlescent section.

11826800245_f7fa0ae7ef_c.jpg

11827593736_a581f06271_c.jpg

11827229044_2f5ecaabe9_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in awe of eddyac's ratty Miaty!
Here's mine. To recreate my RL Roadster, I bought the one on the left for the interior, and the right for the Neo Green. It's also got the chrome wing mirrors.

Ronda
by cianhanrahan, on Flickr

A thankyou to @Team THRT Drift. I think I speak for quite a few folk when I say that I wasn't aware of this "well known glitch."

I bought myself a 240sx (s14) '96 with the plan to make it black and orange... It's not possible. I tried three times and bought a new car each attempt but it just doesn't work that way. So i settled on the forced pearl white and GT Chrome 05. As stated the mirrors and back lower stripe will always be the correct colour.
image.jpg
I took quite a few photos so i could demonstrate that what colour you see on the rest of the body is dependent on lighting conditions. In the following photo the car is nearly fully illuminated by a light so the blue is only visible on the shadowed part of the rear bumper.
image.jpg
This one shows what it looks like in normal conditions .
image.jpg
And here's what happens when a shadow goes through the middle of the car :dopey:
image.jpg

Fingers crossed for more of these things to show up in the future. Also interested to see how people will use shadows on their Silvias'. :)

Back