Mazda MX-30 (EV)

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Eunos_Cosmo, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

2. TexRex

TexRex

What's going on with that grill/hood area? Much brow ridge; very cro magnon.

Eunos_Cosmo likes this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

Okay... now that looks dated. Should have just used the CX-4 from China and gutted it.

4. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

I was hoping it was some kind of hybrid coupe because it'd be interested in leasing one. Now that I see it's some weird CX-30 with RX-8 doors, I'm no longer interested :lol:

5. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Not bad for Mazda's first attempt at an EV. The significant downside is the 35.5kWh battery, but if that leads to a relatively light EV then it could be fun to drive. Looks pretty sporty too thanks to the RX-8 influence.

6. homeforsummer

homeforsummer Premium

I dig it. Find the MX badging interesting too. Wonder if it's because of the roofline (I'm inferring "coupe" from it, in modern parlance at least...), or whether it's a statement of intent for the way it drives. Hoping it's the latter - while I can take or leave another crossover-like vehicle, I'm hoping Mazda's engineers have seen fit to make it fun to drive.

The overall aesthetic is interesting. I wonder if MX is also to separate the car from Mazda's more conventional ones? Maybe future MXs will look different from the existing Kodo language we've seen from things like the recent 3 and presumably the upcoming 6. The interior design and choice of materials is already quite different from something like the 3.

7. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Here are the press photos from the reveal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

141 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque
    35.5 kWh lithium-ion battery which has a claimed range of 130 miles
    There'll be a range-extender model with a rotary engine, rumors are that it'll be revealed in November at the LA Auto Show.

No confirmation for it to come to America yet, though it is rumored it'll come in 2021.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1125663_mazda-mx-30-electric-suv-debuts-with-rx-8-style-doors

I saw this the other day and I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier

VXR likes this.