Mazda ~ RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Mazda ~ RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

• Thread starter AngHell
  • 8 comments
I've been using this tune for a few weeks now and love it hence 5 stars granted in my previous post. But am I doing this car with this tune justice? At Midfield I can manage 1:07 hot and 1:08 consistently. Can others who have this tune and car set up exactly, share some times from Midfield please. On-line I never come up against the same car ! I may be Captain Slow and if so would prefer to know. LOL

The tune is wrong, dampers are way to stiff, and the toe is way off +0.05 front/-0.10 rear and camber set at .06 front/.04 rear, and ride height at 96 front/98 rear, it will force the rx7 to turn, but still be stable. The tune you have is stable, but slow turning. Also the LSD should be at 6/7/8. I own a RX-7 and in real life they can lose traction real quick because of the quickness of the car, so a low LSD setting is important.

The tune is wrong, dampers are way to stiff, and the toe is way off +0.05 front/-0.10 rear and camber set at .06 front/.04 rear, and ride height at 96 front/98 rear, it will force the rx7 to turn, but still be stable. The tune you have is stable, but slow turning. Also the LSD should be at 6/7/8. I own a RX-7 and in real life they can lose traction real quick because of the quickness of the car, so a low LSD setting is important.

Hi Mike, can you send me your set up please. I find GT6 doesn't reflect some car handling very well, I own S2000 and my car handles much better than on GT6, in the game it's very tail happy

Hi Mike, can you send me your set up please. I find GT6 doesn't reflect some car handling very well, I own S2000 and my car handles much better than on GT6, in the game it's very tail happy
Been busy next time I get on gt6 I'll photocopy tune and text it to you, all of the rx7 handle different in the game, unlike in real life.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R tune, Set LSD @ 6/7/8. Suspension setup is as follows ride heights 104 frnt/105 rear, spring rate 4.98 frnt/7.21 rear, dampers compression 3 frnt/2 rear, dampers extension 2 frnt/3 rear, Camber 0.8 frnt/0.7 rear, Toe -0.20 frnt/+0.10 rear, brakes 6 frnt/2 rear, No Ballast. Transmission Set to default, then set final gear dead center, 3.500, then adjust max speed till 6th gear just touches the 1.00 mark, then set every individual gear all the way to the right, after that you can adjust the Max Speed to fit the Track you are on, don't mess with any of the other settings. This tune should be stable, and turn well, I don't like the extreme toe angle but it is needed to make the RX-7 stick to the road.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back