McLaren Elva Revealed: 800hp Windowless Roadster That's Quicker Than a Senna

That would be wise. Maybe an upgraded version of the twin turbo 3.8L flat 6 pushing 750-800hp as a tribute to the 908 back in the day. But they already did some thing like that with said engine as a 935 tribute. Only other option would be a new flat 8 twin turbo engine with over 800hp.

Or they could do an all electric spyder instead.

*running and looking for cover *

It wouldn't surprise me if almost all of them are already sold. They didn't lose anything.
They were likely all spoken for before the end of the day of the announcement. It's pretty blatant collector's fodder so I doubt anyone who doesn't already have a nine digit value garage ever got a chance at one.

This is definitely not something I expected McLaren to make. But I'm very pleasantly surprised. Not to mention that I have a soft spot for open cockpit supercars. Even though you shouldn't drive these without of a helmet on and even though they suck to drive on a rainy day, they're still absolutely rad.

I'm kinda tired of cars that only wealthy folks can afford.
It's not a GTPlanet's supercar discussion thread if someone doesn't budge in to complain about how it's not a boring mass-produced traffic car like Renault Clio or Toyota Corolla.

This is definitely not something I expected McLaren to make. But I'm very pleasantly surprised. Not to mention that I have a soft spot for open cockpit supercars. Even though you shouldn't drive these without of a helmet on and even though they suck to drive on a rainy day, they're still absolutely rad.

It's not a GTPlanet's supercar discussion thread if someone doesn't budge in to complain about how it's not a boring mass-produced traffic car like Renault Clio or Toyota Corolla.

Everyone has an opinion on a given subject, that is what makes it interesting, make no mistake, I am not for boring cars and some folks here would prefer those Clios and Corollas.

Back