McLaren F1 GT 1997

United States
United States
1997-mclaren-f1-gtr-longtail.jpg
1997-mclaren-f1-gt-longtail-street-car-56xpgt-prototype.jpg

Number 1 must-have if this car gets to GT: It must have the ability to have custom parts, so we can put a rear wing on this car. However, the top speed physics on this car may be too high, so it'll also be pretty fast, faster than the F1 that's added to GT6.

However, the top speed physics on this car may be too high, so it'll also be pretty fast, faster than the F1 that's added to GT6.
wut. Seriously, what does that mean?

hsv
wut. Seriously, what does that mean?
The F1 in GT6 can't reach it's well-known top speed of 375KM/H so well without a custom transmission. Probably since this car might have streamlined aerodynamics, it's likely to reach a higher speed than the F1 if it gets to GT6.

The F1 in GT6 can't reach it's well-known top speed of 375KM/H so well without a custom transmission. Probably since this car might have streamlined aerodynamics, it's likely to reach a higher speed than the F1 if it gets to GT6.
Possibly, with the longer rear line, but the spoiler would probably negate it with quite a bit of downforce. No clean cut for the airflow, either.

The race version was called GTR Longtail, so it's not completely wrong. ;)
I'm diggin' it, although I want the race car even more in Premium quality, my favourite McLaren.
Always thought the regular F1 looked a bit squished.

The race version was called GTR Longtail, so it's not completely wrong. ;)

Nope, it wasn't.

McLaren just called it the GTR, the same as the short-tailed cars in 1995 and 1996.

It was the press, commentators and car enthusiasts that christened it the longtail.

Anyway it needs to be in GT, it was in FM3, dunno about the later games. McLaren themselves are making it better known by showcasing the one they own at various events. It was on their Geneva stand alongside the 675LT and P1 GTR recently.

03-mclaren-f1-gt-longtail-geneva-1.jpg

Latest Posts

Back