mclaren SLR

  • Thread starter Thread starter therealEnzo
  • 30 comments
  • 1,861 views
Very good... but never my first choice for anything. Maybe it would help if you were more specific about its use :)
 
bombe32
Very good... but never my first choice for anything. Maybe it would help if you were more specific about its use :)

Meant judt for driving hotlaps or online. Wanted to know opinions on it. I have only driven it a couple of Times, didn't get a connection with it
 
It's great for having fun. Trying to tame it, to figure it out. Of course with something like sports hard, you'll get the feeling of driving it, it's a great car.
 
I remember how wayward it could be from the special event in GT4 where you had to hammer it around the Nurburgring. Blimey, but it could catch you out. Doesn't seem to have changed much.
 
If you buy this car, also buy the titanium racing exhaust. It makes it sound soooooo much better.
 
like the slr. even stock it´s an awesome car to drive. go for it :)
 
If you buy this car, also buy the titanium racing exhaust. It makes it sound soooooo much better.

I really hope this is a joke... It sounds a state with the exhaust, it has a real growl on it with the standard exhaust.

The SLR is one of my favourite cars, it's very quick with good cornering. A definite no-brainer; buy it.
 
The SLR stock with racing hards can easily win the supercar s.e. races.
Was a great surprise to me.
 
its a great all-rounder... i use mine for drifting! :D but just change the tune and tyres for purpose. im sure you'll find plenty of very good tunes over in the GT5 tuning forum.
 
My fav car in the game for just cruising. Keep it completely stock (including tires) its great.
 
My absolute favourite all time dream car! In New Zealand it would set me back $1,300,000, since I'm a few million short the only place I can drive it is in GT5. Wow it's better than I imagined, I wonder why James Bond doesn't drive one...
 
You can add me and try mine right now :-) . It's online on my profile - and it is tuned to the max and has a good tune that I found on this site.

It looks FANTASTIC in Gold Chrome with Chrome wheels ;)
 
Stock it's one of my favourite cars, still good tuned, but a bit of a handful to keep on the road.
 
^same here. My only qualm is it's cornering. You'd expect it to be much better.
 
^same here. My only qualm is it's cornering. You'd expect it to be much better.

Agreed, cornering is OK, but it just feels to heavy and sluggish through them. Maybe a weight reduction would help?
 
Weight reduction should help with cornering and acceleration....

EDIT: If you make a car lighter, does the top speed increase?
 
it´s one of the "must have" cars in gt5 but if you wanna do some serious business with the slr you will fail , iam sure you will enjoy it anyway because it´s one of the best looking cars and driving without traction control is great fun :D
 
Agreed, cornering is OK, but it just feels to heavy and sluggish through them. Maybe a weight reduction would help?

Ya it does feel heavy. It's an inherent property of the car, weight redux doesn't solve it.....reminds me of the Enzo problem, which you can reduce to 1040kg, yet it still brakes and corners like it weighs 1400.
 
My absolute favourite all time dream car! In New Zealand it would set me back $1,300,000, since I'm a few million short the only place I can drive it is in GT5. Wow it's better than I imagined, I wonder why James Bond doesn't drive one...

Agreed, Its an awesome car.👍
 
Ya it does feel heavy. It's an inherent property of the car, weight redux doesn't solve it.....reminds me of the Enzo problem, which you can reduce to 1040kg, yet it still brakes and corners like it weighs 1400.

Why doesn't weight reduction solve the problem?
 
Be sure to check out Mclaren SLS too. It's a car even more fun to drive around.
 
Be sure to check out Mclaren SLS too. It's a car even more fun to drive around.

You mean the Mercedez-Benz SLS AMG. Unlike the SLR, McLaren has nothing to do with it.
 
The Dane
You can add me and try mine right now :-) . It's online on my profile - and it is tuned to the max and has a good tune that I found on this site.

It looks FANTASTIC in Gold Chrome with Chrome wheels ;)

Already have one myself, it feels really heavy, it is fast though. Will do some more testing asap
 
Lol! whats the chance.... i just saw a red one, on the way home from the teather...

Tried to smoke it with my mothers 1.0 Toyota Aygo... but yeah you know how that went... the Aygo clearly won. tshh. easy :sly::dopey: (not)..

The sound of that V8 reving! man i wet my pants.
 
I really hope this is a joke... It sounds a state with the exhaust, it has a real growl on it with the standard exhaust.

The SLR is one of my favourite cars, it's very quick with good cornering. A definite no-brainer; buy it.

I'm not saying it doesn't sound good with stock exhaust. The reason I like the Racing exhaust is because it makes it sound more supercar-ish, because that's what it is.
 
Back