• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Marvel has revealed a bunch of Phase Five (and Six... ugh) stuff at San Diego Comic-Con International, so just as we did for Phase Four, here's a Phase Five thread.

It's all a little bit wibbly at the moment, and of course subject to change, so stick with as we untangle it all

Obviously if you're not completely up-to-date with all the latest Phase Four stuff, there will be spoilers below; we'll try to screen the biggest ones, but as some are literally just plots to the films and shows that's not always possible. Watch out.

Don't feel limited to posting in just this thread. There will likely be independent threads for many of these films and shows (which will be linked to where they exist). The thread just exists as a master overview of Phase Five.

So, in chronological order of release, here's the upcoming TV shows first...

1658662769921.png
What If...? S2 (TV, Disney+)
A second series of the animated show looking at how events in the MCU prime continuity would have played out if things had been a little different...
(Early 2023)
Main characters: TBA
New characters introduced: TBA
Returning characters: TBA
Thread: -

1658663215852.png
Secret Invasion (TV, Disney+)
Skrull fanatics have infiltrated Earth, with Nick Fury returning to fight the threat.
(Spring 2023)
Main characters: Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Talos, Everett Ross, James "Rhodey" Rhodes/War Machine

1658664109645.png
Echo (TV, Disney+)
Maya Lopez returns to her home town following the events of Hawkeye.
(Mid-2023)
Main characters: Maya Lopez/Echo, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, Matt Murdock/Daredevil

1658664795413.png
Loki S2 (TV, Disney+)
Loki and Sylvie must deal with the fallout after killing He Who Remains and breaking open the Multiverse.
(Summer 2023)
Main characters: Loki Odinson, Sylvie Odinson, Mobius M. Mobius, Ravonna Renslayer
Thread:[/B] -

1658665176135.png
Ironheart (TV, Disney+)
Series based around Riri Williams, a young engineering student who creates an Iron Man-like suit.
(Late 2023)
Main characters: Riri Williams/Ironheart

1658665626284.png
Agatha: Coven of Chaos (TV, Disney+)
Series based around Agatha Harkness, last seen having her mind wiped and rebooted as nosy neighbour Agnes in WandaVision
(Winter 2023)
Main characters: Agatha Harkness
Thread:[/B] -

1658665763863.png
Daredevil: Born Again (TV, Disney+)
Ace lawyer Matt Murdock (Daredevil) returns to take on Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) in an 18-episode show
(Spring 2024)
Main characters: Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
Characters introduced: TBA

Last edited:
Aaaaaand the Phase Five movies:

1658672259234.png
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Movie)
(17 February 2023)
Main characters: Scott Lang/Ant-Man, Hope van Dyne/Wasp
New characters introduced:
Kang the Conquerer, MODOK, Quaz (Quasar?)
Returning characters: Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, Cassie Lang

1658672358124.png
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Movie)
(5 May 2023)
Main characters: Peter Quill/Star Lord, Gamora, Nebula, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Groot, Mantis
New characters introduced:
Adam Warlock, The High Evolutionary
Returning characters: Ayesha, Kraglin, Stakar

1658676917256.png
The Marvels (Movie)
(28 July 2023)
Main characters: Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
Returning characters: Aamir Khan, Muneeba Khan, Yusuf Khan, Nick Fury

1658677516777.png
Blade (Movie)
(3 November 2023)
Main characters: Eric Brooks/Blade

1658677400678.png
Captain America: New World Order (Movie)
(3 May 2024)
Main characters: Sam Wilson/Captain America

1658677447755.png
Thunderbolts (Movie)
(26 July 2024)
Main characters: TBA

1658672097539.png
Fantastic Four (Movie)
(November 2024)
Main characters: Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic, Susan Storm/Invisible Woman, Johnny Storm/Human Torch, Ben Grimm/Thing

Last edited:
It’s was interesting to see Riri Williams (played by Dominique Thorne) making the Iron Heart suit in the Wakanda Forever trailer…

09F046F0-1BC6-413D-ACC7-A67EC811DCB9.png
162EA461-8513-42CD-9143-6C525B03802F.png

Quantumania trailer landed...

Looks weird. Cassie re-cast again.

If they keep adding words to the title each time instead of using Roman numerals the title won't fit on the screen by the fifth movie unless they shrink it down real small.

Last edited:
Kathryn Newton seems to have more of a superhero-like stature than Emma Fuhrmann. Or at least she looks more like the comics character.

Those trippy effects look like they could be cool.

Last edited:
It looks wierder than I expected. It could work well, though the idea that the movie happens beucase a character does something stupid has been done to death already.

Another concern is that recent Marvel movies haven't been great, Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4 were poor, Thor 4 being more on the terrible side of poor IMO. But predictable tropes, overuse of CGI and poor recent movies aside, hopefully this can set Phase 5 off on a better trajectory than Phase 4 was. The acting talen on display is good, and was that Bill Murray in the trailer? He makes any movie better by being in it by default.

Hopefully they handle Kang well, Loki was a good introduction to him IMO.

Guardians V3 trailer, with surprisingly "thicc" Groot:

Pitched as the last outing for both Gunn (as he moves to DC) and this GOTG team. We can only hope that means no more Pratt.

Groot looks the same as he did in the Holiday Special to me.

Groot looks the same as he did in the Holiday Special to me.
Ah, didn't see it.

Also just discovered William Jackson Harper (Chidi Anagonye, The Good Place) will be in Ant Man 3, so this might be the first MCU film I actually make an effort to see since Infinity War.

Well, it's not gone well.

Spoilers likely in the following articles, so click on them at your own risk...

The first P5 movie is put on the same level as The Eternals by critics:

And despite a disparity to audience responses, the drop-off for the second weekend is the largest in MCU history:

(article says "second-largest", but the largest is 2003's Hulk, which predates MCU by five years; yes, AM3 did worse than the dreadful Thor 4 and The Eternals)

Yep.
I saw Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania this past Thursday. Shows how much I really cared to share a review. I dig the MCU, but like my daughter said after the movie, “…it all went too fast”. As in, the the explanations for everything happening and resolutions through to the end.

Seriously, if I could, I would have fast forwarded after the opening scene, straight to the end credits(stay for both of them, as they literally tie in to other MCU content and many Easter eggs).
Other than that, the graphics are what we expect, since the first Thor movie. The actors were fine, but their scripts weren’t great.

In my eyes, the weakest Ant-Man. 6/10
As for an another bit of new news, Wanda is looking to return in a redemption script.

Missed this GOTG3 trailer:

Given that Drax got swatted in the first film by regular Ronan (just a Kree) without the Power Stone, I'm not sure how he's going toe-to-toe with Adam Warlock here, but it all looks like the same crud as GOTG2 and I was bored with Chris Pratt before the first one.

They really ruined Starlord by having him get emotional, just as The Avengers were about to remove the gauntlet. That moment killed his character.

I said something similar on the what are you watching thread. I guess there would've been no movie without that moment of madness but they really gave him the idiot ball to hold. A meme came out between Infinity War and Endgame but this is phase three stuff.

c2ae0e8ee9dbf23ac4303e4e3383acf8.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, best part of MCU is what was done for Netflix, W/W and Loki. Moon Knight also was mostly good. Mainline MCU films just cant give enough time to characters.

Gosh, I miss Punisher.
I disagree. The best Marvel movies managed to progress the stories and gave equal time to the characters. As a movie franchise it worked fine for me. Maybe years of comics reading and movie watching has helped me fill in the blanks.

I still haven't watched Punisher though.
Steve Rogers is great example of how much we missed. Or Hawkeye/Ronin. Its really shameful that after Avengers III we didn't get proper series about its consequences. So much great material...

Better watch Daredevil first(1,2 seasons, afaik). Berental/Barnes were sooooo good.
We already know a lot about Steve Rogers's character from the eleven films he was in. This would be plot exposition, not character study. Ronin might make a good show though if somewhat grimdark.

I may get around to Punisher someday. Of course I watched everything else in the other Netflix shows including all three Daredevil seasons. The only other thing I couldn't finish was the final episode of Iron Fist.

Last edited:
We had Agent Carter. Why tie up your a-lister on a copycat series? Although I guess that's kinda what they did with Falcon & The Winter Soldier, with perhaps debatable results.

Last edited:
We had Agent Carter. Why tie up your a-lister on a copycat series? Although I guess that's kinda what they did with Falcon & The Winter Soldier, with perhaps debatable results.
Hulk in She-Hulk? Loki and Wanda in latest movies also were big. Maybe, I just hate Mackie and really like Evans, dunno.

There's a difference between cameoing in a couple of scenes and headlining a series and I wouldn't exactly call She-Hulk a copy of Hulk as the tone is completely different.

If you hate Anthony Mackie you won't like the next Cap movie.

If Majors is a fan of hitting women around, I hear DC are hiring.

Last edited:
Back