Meet Chevrolet's New Mid-Engined Corvette Race Car: the C8.R

All I will say is... 911 RSR. It doesn’t need to make sense
The Ford GT isn’t in the game either. I remember reading somewhere that P&M didn’t like licensing there current race cars because they are very tight lipped about there data, and thus more detailed games that require more info to make the cars look/feel authentic (like GT, PC2 and PC sims) don’t get the current racing Corvette but more arcady games (FM7, Grid, ect.) have them. So I doubt this is coming to GT any time soon.

GTE and GT3 are pretty close, it just depends on BoP. Last year the fastest qualifying lap at Silverstone in GTE was a 1:55.6 and the fastest GT3 was a 1:56.6 and that's with GTE being on a confidential tyre and GT3 being on a control tyre. Put both on a similar spec tyre like what GT3 run in Super GT and both GT3 and GTE will do a 1:35.8 at Fuji. Also I wouldn't say one has more downforce than the other, the Ferrari is identical other than the GT3 car having more aggressive front fenders. The GT3 Aston has the same aero as the GTE, but the GT3 has a larger rear wing and louvres.

Oh Corvette...what have they done to you?
corvette-le-mans-1960-2.jpg

PC2, Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 all feature the C7.R.
Huh, I feel stupid now lol. I completely blanked. It must just be PD being really stingy on licensing then or IDK why we haven’t gotten a current Corvette race car in GT since the C5-R

The Ford GT isn’t in the game either. I remember reading somewhere that P&M didn’t like licensing there current race cars because they are very tight lipped about there data, and thus more detailed games that require more info to make the cars look/feel authentic (like GT, PC2 and PC sims) don’t get the current racing Corvette but more arcady games (FM7, Grid, ect.) have them. So I doubt this is coming to GT any time soon.
I think you’ve taken what I meant by that, the wrong way. As I explained before, P&M have been openly criticised for the difficulty they seem to cause when making deals, iRacing being the biggest one to vouch to never approach them for anything again.

Maybe Porsche wanted to push the RSR into the world and thought it would be good to do this through gtsport rather than the 911 GT3 racer.
Huh, I feel stupid now lol. I completely blanked. It must just be PD being really stingy on licensing then or IDK why we haven’t gotten a current Corvette race car in GT since the C5-R
and then what I said above.

If it comes to GTS, Corvette will definitely be my manufacturer for at least 3 seasons, even if it's bad with BoP. Hope it has a cool interior. And that it comes to the game of course.

It's un-Corvette like certainly but it's not a bad sound all things considered.
I agree, not a bad sound, although not great, but I just can't get over it not sounding like the deep thunderous earth shattering roar we've heard for decades. The mid engine body style combined with the new flat plane sound is just too weird for me (and new silver paint livery, atleast the #3 sister car is yellow). It's hard to adjust to. I still like the C6.R and C7.R far better, even though the performance will be better with the C8.R.

I love this. And the C8 street car also looks amazing. Though I suspect Turn10 is probably all over this for their next game cover car.

Surprised they haven't gone with a 4 liter twin turbo flat-plane. Early testing models sounded like a flat-plane unless they've changed the exhaust system.

Is it just that image or are they really going with the pale sickly green/yellow that Aston Martin has already adopted? I appreciate it if they're going to run two cars in separate liveries, but that is an uninspiring set.

Is it just that image or are they really going with the pale sickly green/yellow that Aston Martin has already adopted? I appreciate it if they're going to run two cars in separate liveries, but that is an uninspiring set.

Think its just the image as its supposed to just Velocity Yellow and Silver. The Yellow won't look like that in real life.

Think its just the image as its supposed to just Velocity Yellow and Silver. The Yellow won't look like that in real life.
Yeah, I was confused about that mockup render and thought that shade of yellow looked horrible, but remembered to look at the real life silver press car, if you look at the yellow stripes and accents it appears as it's Velocity yellow or same as the C6.R/C7.R THANKFULLY.

Yeah I have to agree with the silver being exceptionally boring. I admit after seeing footage of the new Corvette from Road Atlanta my immediate impression was "Oh, it looks like all the other cars now". I mean, in a bad way. I understand a mid-engined car designed for aero exists in a small 10-15% window of aesthetics. The silver made it look even more...normal? It definitely needs the classic yellow to really stand-out.

Looks very similar to a NSX. Not a fan of MR cars in general, so definitely sad to see FR, and the classic long nose, short rear gone. :(

MMX
Looks very similar to a NSX. Not a fan of MR cars in general, so definitely sad to see FR, and the classic long nose, short rear gone. :(
The move to change its drive train layout and design is very radical compared to past generations.

Back