Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR to sell at auction!!

• Thread starter cally-dave
  • 38 comments
This was based on a successful endurance racer. How exactly did they end up making a road version that needed the same amount of attention as an F1 car? I know the rigors and requirements between the two concepts don't really line up, but still. Gearbox rebuild every few hundred miles?

^ Even if that's the case; with that kind of money, who would care about gearboxes or being practical? :sly:
People who spent 30 grand on a car expect it to work without much issue whenever they need it to. I'm not seeing why people who spend 50 times more on a car lowers their standards in that respect.

Last edited:
You learn something new every day:)

Yeah imagine seeing this thing driving on the streets

Toyota_GT-One_TS020_47fe711d253e9.jpg

Yeah imagine seeing this thing driving on the streets

Toyota_GT-One_TS020_47fe711d253e9.jpg
How many of these GT-One road cars did they make? Wasn't it 50 or something? Either way, the GT-One
is a fantastic looking machine without all the racing stripes/ livery:tup:

Last edited:
How many of these GT-One road cars did they make? Wasn't it 50 or something? Either way, the GT-One
is a fantastic looking machine without all the racing stripes/ livery:tup:
There are 9 cars altogether, including the 7 race cars.

Japanese are serious collectors, so I wouldn't be surprised that one road car is owned by Toyota and the other is in a humidor and never ever sees daylight :(

On the topic of homologation racecars, there's a GT1 Strassenversion that comes out for bigger events here, and next week is a huge film festival so I'll try and get a photo.

Latest Posts

Back