Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM [Premium] 1998

• Thread starter 990cc
  • 14 comments
tumblr_m6vtrhude01rz99jgo2_r1_1280.jpg

22_ZrhD_53.jpg

The title should read as "Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM [Premium] 1998".

Also, that tremendous sound.

Last edited:
the only thing is that the version in GT6 is the FIA GT Version with a different engine than the Le Mans version wich have the same engine as the sauber C9 but revs higher. but i would like to have both and with the good sound(not the dyson one like the sauber C9…)

the only thing is that the version in GT6 is the FIA GT Version with a different engine than the Le Mans version wich have the same engine as the sauber C9 but revs higher. but i would like to have both and with the good sound(not the dyson one like the sauber C9…)

That was the CLK GTR that used the 6 Liter V12, all of the CLK LMs used the 5-Liter V8 as it was more powerful and much lighter then the V12.

yes, the CLK-LM in the FIA GT used also a V8. but that was not the M119 like the CLK-LM Le Mans version. look there @1:14 :

and this one is the CLK-LM Le Mans version with the M119:

Last edited:
Explain what? The difference in exhaust sound from a car going flat out down a straightaway and a car accelerating out of an S curve?

Regardless, I don't really have to explain anything, because Mercedes didn't have two different racing V8 engines.

dude, i would've heard if the FIA GT version used the same engine than the Le Mans version. the M119 in the 2nd video had a low-pitched sound even at high rpm(wich is way higher than the Sauber C9) and the FIA GT version have a way more high pitched noise. they both go flat out. you can clearly hear it

maybe that's what they wanted everyone to think

EDIT: could've they used a different configuration for the engine? like 6.0L for FIA GT and 5.0L for Le Mans?

Back